Sania cries over 'Pakistan's daughter-in-law' taunt

Neo

Sania cries over 'Pakistan's daughter-in-law' taunt

NEW DELHI: Indian tennis star Sania Mirza, a Muslim wed to a Pakistani cricketer, broke down in tears Friday after being described by a Hindu nationalist politician as "Pakistan's daughter-in-law" and unfit to be an Indian representative.

Mirza, 27, who is married to Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik, wiped away tears as she told India's NDTV network she was tired of continually being forced to defend her "Indianness".

"I am a very patriotic person that is why I am so emotional right now," Mirza, who wed Malik in 2010, said in the interview aired on television.

In comments reported earlier this week by local media, K. Laxman, a regional legislator belonging to the national ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), questioned the credentials of Mirza to be "brand ambassador" for the country's newest state Telengana in southern India.

I will remain an Indian 'until the end', Sania tells BJP

Laxman was quoted as saying Mirza's marriage to Malik made her a "daughter-in-law" of Pakistan, India's Muslim neighbour and nuclear-armed rival with which the mainly Hindu but officially secular country has fought three wars.

Telangana, carved this year out of the state of Andhra Pradesh "is proud of Sania," said in appointing her brand ambassador for the region.

Mirza grew up in the city of Hyderabad in what is now Telangana.

"Fans across the country don't think her Indianness has gotten mysteriously diluted," because of her wedding to Malik, the Times of India said in an opinion-page piece.

Mirza, who has played for India at all major-level sporting events, has been defended by leaders across the political spectrum, including BJP members who said its party member's comment did not reflect its official stance.

Mirza earlier this month achieved a career-best rank of number five in the world when the new World Tennis Association doubles chart was released.

"After winning medals for India after I got married, (I) don't know why I have to keep justifying that I am Indian," Mirza told NDTV.

The latest incident is seen as potentially further fanning concern among Muslims and other religious minorities over Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Hindu nationalist BJP government.

The controversy has erupted just days after some MPs from the Hindu right-wing Shiv Sena tried to forcibly feed a chapati – an Indian flatbread – to a Muslim restaurant manager fasting for Ramadan because they were unhappy about food at a government canteen.

The lawmakers belonging to Shiv Sena, a BJP ally, said they had not known the canteen supervisor was Muslim and they were complaining because the bread was so hard it "didn't even break".

Hari Sud

Country flag
She brought this upon her by marrying a Pakistani citizen. The Telengana government acted stupid by making her a brand ambassador. Media played its role by blowing it out of proportions. Somebody curb this media. It is out of control.

Persona of divided loyalty are unfit to hold a job of national importance. I would advise Sania to take a vacation and cry less.

pmaitra

@Neo, I don't think anyone would have made a fuss had Sania married the guy she was originally supposed to marry. He was also a Muslim.

This article adds a religious twist to everything. Unnecessary.

Also, do not post articles without a source reference or link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Neo

Neo

@Neo, I don't think anyone would have made a fuss had Sania married the guy she was originally supposed to marry. He was also a Muslim.

This article adds a religious twist to everything. Unnecessary.

Also, do not post articles without a source reference or link.
Umho the uncident took place in India where she was interviewd by ndtv.

Sorry about the link, must have overlooked it while posting from my iphone.

Sania cries over 'Pakistan's daughter-in-law' taunt - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Last edited by a moderator:

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
As usual sickular Indian media is relating this controversy to hindutva.

Out of 1 billion muslim this lady found her love in a Paki guy.
A guy from a country who is hell bent on destroying India.A country who send terrorist to our country who in turn kill innocent people.
She wants us to call her Indian??
Nobody in India would give a sh8t even if she married a f@ckin dyke from lebanon but she found her love in a fugly Paki and hence she is a Paki.......

ITBP

There are 25 crore Muslims in India, and she could not find 1, instead found 1 from Paki.

So what is wrong?

Naturally Pakistan's daughter-in-law.

I think Sania's ancestors were Razakars, the lackeys of murderous Nizam Government.

rizwan78

Country flag
As usual sickular Indian media is relating this controversy to hindutva.

Out of 1 billion muslim this lady found her love in a Paki guy.
A guy from a country who is hell bent on destroying India.A country who send terrorist to our country who in turn kill innocent people.
She wants us to call her Indian??
Nobody in India would give a sh8t even if she married a f@ckin dyke from lebanon but she found her love in a fugly Paki and hence she is a Paki.......
You have got a real talibanic mind , almost hundreds of Pakistanis and Indians get married with each other in every year, as per your theory those all would be called traitors ? sania only problem is that she is a star otherwise no body would give a shi8 about her whom one she married or not

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
You have got a real talibanic mind , almost hundreds of Pakistanis and Indians get married with each other in every year, as per your theory those all would be called traitors ? sania only problem is that she was a star otherwise no body would give a shi8 about her whom one she married or not
Yes ofcourse I am a talibani.
I died long ago in Pakistan when I suicide bombed those markets in lahore :lol:

Yes and those hundreds of couple lives abroad and call themselves canadian or whatever fancy names they like.

rizwan78

Country flag
Yes ofcourse I am a talibani.
I died long ago in Pakistan when I suicide bombed those markets in lahore :lol:

Yes and those hundreds of couple lives abroad and call themselves canadian or whatever fancy names they like.
No yaar , i have personally knew few in my city too

ladder

Country flag
No yaar , i have personally knew few in my city too
Recently, the conversion rate is 50% :lol:

A lady from India went to marry a Pakistani groom and was successful in marrying him. But a Indian boy who went to marry a Pakistani girl landed successfully in the airport and has been missing from the airport till today.

So, it's still not 'all is well' between Ind-Pak as far as matrimonial relationship is concerned.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Mirza holds an Indian passport.

Does she hold a Pakistani passport too?

If she does, then the selection as Telagana's brand ambassador is suspect and is for Vote Bank politics.

If anyone, even if those who hold high offices or political positions have dual passport, their allegiance too is suspect.

However, if one holds only an Indian passport, then it is kosher.

And anyway, all this 'brand ambassador' tamasha is just another meaningless input in what has become a political circus.

Shah Rukh is a 'brand ambassador' of Bengal. What has his latching on done for the good of the State. Just an 'eye candy' for Ms Bannerjee during cricket matches.

And anyway she is on the way of discarding him.

Jagdish58

Look at her FACE&Ind Flag in Back ground

What title u suggest for this bi**** :pound:
a)Drama Queen
b)Por**
c)Both
May be she wants to compete with Rahul & Sonia for best political award & may be she wants an MP seat in Telangana with congress ticket next time :lol:

rizwan78

Country flag
Recently, the conversion rate is 50% :lol:

A lady from India went to marry a Pakistani groom and was successful in marrying him. But a Indian boy who went to marry a Pakistani girl landed successfully in the airport and has been missing from the airport till today.

So, it's still not 'all is well' between Ind-Pak as far as matrimonial relationship is concerned.
50% :pound:

rizwan78

Country flag
Mirza holds an Indian passport.

Does she hold a Pakistani passport too?

If she does, then the selection as Telagana's brand ambassador is suspect and is for Vote Bank politics.

If anyone, even if those who hold high offices or political positions have dual passport, their allegiance too is suspect.

However, if one holds only an Indian passport, then it is kosher.

And anyway, all this 'brand ambassador' tamasha is just another meaningless input in what has become a political circus.

Shah Rukh is a 'brand ambassador' of Bengal. What has his latching on done for the good of the State. Just an 'eye candy' for Ms Bannerjee during cricket matches.

And anyway she is on the way of discarding him.
what will be there children nationality Indian or Pakistani ?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles