Salman Khursheed's interview with the Pakistani media

mayfair

Siachen/Sir Creek- low hanging fruit?

"Humne do chhezein di, aap kab de rahe hain"

"Mumbai purani baat ho gayee, ek saal baad to kuchh planning karni chahiye thi"

"Musalmaan foreign minister hain isliye bahut cautious hain"

"India ki military, military establishment apni muscles flex kar rahi hai"

This from Hajam Sethi. Someone still have illusions?

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Here is what I have noticed about NS, he can take a stand depending on the agenda he has, and circumstances he is faced with. He has the ability to say absolutely two contradictory things, and not always has he the best of knowledge, and definitely not the best he understands of Inida. What we saw in the interview was that he was pushing the typical PA stand, now was it in the interest of the talks that they don't get scuttled or was he pushing around some agenda, can't be sure of, but indeed he had a pretty clear agenda for the interview.

In contrast, Kamran Khan didn't quite take the line he is accustomed to, someone who if I am not mistaken, is seen toeing the PA line from time to time on his talk shows.

Over all Salman Khursheed's show was a definite poor show, and if the Indians want to get a sense on how much have we softened our stand vis-a-vis terror, the Mumbai terror attacks, watch the interview. He has absolutely no well defined stance, and the point scoring that he wanted to do with the domestic audience that we will talk to Pakistan in the language they like, which included the rhetoric of war is an absolute bogus and definitely no more than point scoring.

We have another S. M. Krishna in making here! May be it's the MMS effect.

KS

Bye bye DFI
First question about Islam - :facepalm:..these paks just cant get over their religion.

KS

Bye bye DFI
So says a guy who has "Shree Ram" in his avatar" :taunt:
If I met a Fijian Hindu, the first question I would be asking is not about his religion..:taunt:

What I meant was Salman Khurshid was there representing India and instead asking him questions as the Indian foreign ministers, Mr.Sethi started as if he was the Muslim foreign minister

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles