:sad: No new Hindi Movies from today

Pintu

PTI reports that no new Hindi Movie will released from today as producers began indefinite strike.

The link and the report from PTI are followed below:

http://www.ptinews.com/pti\ptisite.nsf/0/CC20FC12831358B56525758E0045B67D?OpenDocument

No new Hindi movies from today as film producers go on strike

Mumbai, Apr 4 (PTI) No new Hindi films will be released in the country from today as film producers began their indefinite strike after talks to break the deadlock over revenue-sharing with multiplex owners failed.
While producers are demanding equal share in ticket sales from the multiplex owners, the latter want "performance-based" revenue-sharing.

"Producers and distributors have been compelled to go on strike with a heavy heart", filmmaker Mukesh Bhatt, who heads the United Producers Distributors Forum, told PTI.

Producers, distributors and exhibitors stand to lose about Rs 100 to 200 crore due this stand-off.

Bhatt said the losses could mount to over Rs 500 crore if a solution is not reached at the earliest.

Single screens have also been caught in the stand-off between multiplex owners' and producers. PTI

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
Best thing thats happened in a long time..... :DD:113:

ahmedsid

Top Gun
This too shal pass soon :) Nothing to worry. :)

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
None of the new ones are much good anyway... The movies won't be missed...

ahmedsid

Top Gun
There are undercurrents bro, its not only money which is involved, but Ego. Since Mahesh Bhatt is at the helm, the solution will take some time, but it will be solved.

Flint

I will not be missing anything. Some respite (hopefully) from the loud garish trailers that seem to follow you everywhere.

ShyAngel

Founding Member
Thank god no more new hindi movies from today. I was already getting feed up with these over rated ugly film stars who doesn't know how to behave and needs to grow up and be more classy rather then being cheesy. Except for some actors in bollywood, including KING KHAN MY FAV! I rather watch old films of Raj Kapoor's collection and have blast friday night at home<3

:)

Global Defence

New threads

Articles