S400: General Discussion and India's deployment of the AD system

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
India deploys first S-400 air defence system in Punjab sector, to take care of aerial threats from both China, Pak
Read more At:
Ya'll Nibbiars that I said the Photograph posted by the Karti Nibba was false. The S 400 has Kamaz Manufactured TEL's.

vishnugupt

Country flag
1) US offers to sell THAAD defence system to India as alternative to Russian S-400s
2)Long range missiles are useless if your system is compromised. See how CIA and Mossad go to great lengths to spy on important enemy weapons
3 & 4) Good
5) India is better off working with the US
India should not buy American THAAD or any strategic weapons even if they offer free of cost due to a few reasons.
1) There are always be conditions written in fine words like after every stock market-related adds "You can't use as an offensive weapon".
2) American missile does not fire upon American jets ( F-16 ) which Pakistan flies. Bin Laden Raid is an example
3) No wonder every time you fire THAAD and it requires a password that appears on a desktop which is situated in Pentagon, USA.
4) Suppose "Airforce one" is flying through Asia and the CIA switched off THAAD radars for President security.
5) American reconnaissance UAV will fly all over India uninterruptedly
6) Suppose, a war broke out with our neighbor and somehow we mistakenly bombed a school. USA propagandists will make sure to block supply chain to which is necessary for operations.

If S-400 is compromised then I am wondering what is protecting Russian in Syria. West can go any extend to annihilate Russia in middle east.

No matter even if we sit on the lap of the USA, Biden government is going to hate Hindus continuously

Haldilal

Country flag
India should not buy American THAAD or any strategic weapons even if they offer free of cost due to a few reasons.
1) There are always be conditions written in fine words like after every stock market-related adds "You can't use as an offensive weapon".
2) American missile does not fire upon American jets ( F-16 ) which Pakistan flies. Bin Laden Raid is an example
3) No wonder every time you fire THAAD and it requires a password that appears on a desktop which is situated in Pentagon, USA.
4) Suppose "Airforce one" is flying through Asia and the CIA switched off THAAD radars for President security.
5) American reconnaissance UAV will fly all over India uninterruptedly
6) Suppose, a war broke out with our neighbor and somehow we mistakenly bombed a school. USA propagandists will make sure to block supply chain to which is necessary for operations.

If S-400 is compromised then I am wondering what is protecting Russian in Syria. West can go any extend to annihilate Russia in middle east.

No matter even if we sit on the lap of the USA, Biden government is going to hate Hindus continuously
Ya'll Nibbiars never forget during the kargil war how they denied the GPS use.

Last edited:

vishnugupt

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars never forget during the kargil war how they denied the GPS use.
Even they have the guts to say, India must focus on poverty rather than persuing space technology.

Not only that, During the Kargil war, America sold 3-4 months old satellites pictures ( of no use ) to India @ 26000 to 50000 Dollars/Picture. Vo baat alag hai ki isme bhi Chandigarh gang ka cut hoga....( You Know Emergency procurement )

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
I have a question with regards to S-400 which India had purchased from Russia:
1)What is the unit cost of each missile? The S-400 uses 4 Different Missiles with a different Range, and they are:
400 km (40N6E missile)
250 km (48N6 missile)
120 km (9M96E2 missile)
40 km (9M96E missile)
So I wanted to know the cost of each missile because I wanted to a bit of Analysis on it.
1528400233-7846.jpg

Even they have the guts to say, India must focus on poverty rather than persuing space technology.

Not only that, During the Kargil war, America sold 3-4 months old satellites pictures ( of no use ) to India @ 26000 to 50000 Dollars/Picture. Vo baat alag hai ki isme bhi Chandigarh gang ka cut hoga....( You Know Emergency procurement )
Not just that man, I have seen these Americans say things like 'India is a poor shithole country'/'India doesn't have toilets' etc, gosh I get so fumed when I hear such things! Anyways leave it.

Vikram314

Country flag
I think nobody knows the cost of a single missile. What analysis you want to do?

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
I think nobody knows the cost of a single missile. What analysis you want to do?
I just wanted to know that. I will tell you about what analysis I will be doing Later. It's basically an analysis of S-400 against Pakistan Airforce Assets(in this case Primarily their F-16s , JF17s, Mirages etc) Will do another Comparison with Chinese Airforce later. Anyways will get back to this whole cost affair of each Missile a bit later.

rvats

Contributor
Contributor
Country flag
X-Posting my own post from another thread:

Details of S-400 System and its AD cover.

- Details of key components like surveillance and fire-control radars, TELs, support vehicles etc. which constitute S-400 Air Defense Missile System.
- Configuration of a typical S-400 missile regiment.
- Likely configuration of S-400 squadron in IAF service.
- Hypothetical scenario of deployment of 2 x S-400 squadrons on India's western border, and the type of air defense cover provided by them.

- Coverage provided by hypothetical deployment of 2 x S-400 Squadrons. One squadron is in the general area of Jalandhar, and other Squadron is close to Bikaner. The image shows primary (91N6E 'Big Bird') and secondary (96L6E 'Cheese Board') radar cover, and range of 40N6E(400-km), 48N6E3(250km), and 9M96E2 (120-km) range missiles.

Complete details of the system and coverage in the video below:

space marine

Country flag
X-Posting my own post from another thread:

Details of S-400 System and its AD cover.

- Details of key components like surveillance and fire-control radars, TELs, support vehicles etc. which constitute S-400 Air Defense Missile System.
- Configuration of a typical S-400 missile regiment.
- Likely configuration of S-400 squadron in IAF service.
- Hypothetical scenario of deployment of 2 x S-400 squadrons on India's western border, and the type of air defense cover provided by them.

- Coverage provided by hypothetical deployment of 2 x S-400 Squadrons. One squadron is in the general area of Jalandhar, and other Squadron is close to Bikaner. The image shows primary (91N6E 'Big Bird') and secondary (96L6E 'Cheese Board') radar cover, and range of 40N6E(400-km), 48N6E3(250km), and 9M96E2 (120-km) range missiles.

Complete details of the system and coverage in the video below:

Nice hypothetical deployment scenario.

In real deployment there will be duplications and serious overlapping specially for sensitive sectors like chicken neck and pathankot sector.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
What people does not discuss about about S400 is that once it is deployed, it will relieve lots fighter jets from defensive role. We shall be able to deploy them in offensive role once S 400 is deployed.

Haldilal

Country flag
What people does not discuss about about S400 is that once it is deployed, it will relieve lots fighter jets from defensive role. We shall be able to deploy them in offensive role once S 400 is deployed.
Ya'll Nibbiars The S 400 is not to relive fighters but add additional layers.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The S 400 is not to relive fighters but add additional layers.
Halde, have you completed the repairing of the forts in the mountains ?

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles