Russian stance against Pakistan's terror financing surprises India

Shadow

Country flag
Russia's true colour can be seen when India achieves 75-80% indigenous content in our armed forces arsenal.India then won't have much to import much from Russia,there by russia losing an important market.It will then be seen whether russia comes to our need or not.But achieving 75-80% may take another twenty years,till then Russia can cuddle with us.

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
India must not return INS Chakra II (Akula class Nerpa) which is on lease from Russia. Will Russia give away secrets or weakness of following weapons to Pakistan?

1. Brahmos cruise missile
2. INS Vikramaditya
3. Su-30 MKI
4. HAL FGFA
5. T-90 MS

Country flag
It will be interesting to see indian govt respone?

Last edited:
Country flag
India must not return INS Chakra II (Akula class Nerpa) which is on lease from Russia. Will Russia give away secrets or weakness of following weapons to Pakistan?

2. INS Vikramaditya
3. Su-30 MKI
4. HAL FGFA
5. T-90 MS
Chinese probably have it already.

manindra

Country flag

2. INS Vikramaditya
3. Su-30 MKI
4. HAL FGFA
5. T-90 MS
1. Brahmos - Guidance systems are ours then what they share? Engine?
2. INS Vikramaditya is a ACC not weapon, MIG 29 is a weapon but all critical data link, mission computer, IFF and radar computer is ours. Same in the case of Su-30 MKI
3. FGFA is yet to develop.
4. T-90 is a tin can and modern RPG is enough for it, sold by Russian with bribe and Russian flesh to Generals.

pmaitra

Why are we complaining? All we have to do is buy less T-90s and BMPs, and build their alternatives in India. We cannot say no to Russian aviation, because, our aviation sector is rather weak. However, we should strive to make our aviation sector self sufficient in the future. Regarding Kamov factory in India, I welcome it, as it will generate jobs in India. As India become more and more self reliant, Russia will have less to export. There are plenty of areas were cooperation is possible. Russia is a source of energy for energy hungry India, however, I think India is being wise by nurturing relationships with Iran and Saudi Arabia.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
There are plenty of areas were cooperation is possible. Russia is a source of energy for energy hungry India, however, I think India is being wise by nurturing relationships with Iran and Saudi Arabia.
Nothing to ponder about for now or near future. Russia is not interested in sending the oil down south. I would further like to know business viability of Russian oil. I will save my money for the day when ice will start melting due to global warming to buy Russian Oil.

Russia has stopped projects like TAPI and now they control Crimean peninsula which is a signal to USA to stop dreaming about sending oil down south. Russian will sell there oil to Europe and China.

pmaitra

Nothing to ponder about for now or near future. Russia is not interested in sending the oil down south. I would further like to know business viability of Russian oil. I will save my money for the day when ice will start melting due to global warming to buy Russian Oil.

Russia has stopped projects like TAPI and now they control Crimean peninsula which is a signal to USA to stop dreaming about sending oil down south. Russian will sell there oil to Europe and China.
We have a thread on the TAPI: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...stan-and-india-establish-landmark-tapi.65028/

I agree with you that Russia is more interested, and also compelled by geography, to sell to Europe and PRC.

Now, with Iran and Russian oil being the same supply source for all practical purposes, I wonder what Indo-Iranian oil trade is going to look like in the future. Perhaps this is a subject of discussion in another thread.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
1 ) Just a matter of time. Pakistan will fail again and it is not Pakistan who is making better Relations, it is China pulling Russia to negotiate with Pakistan without any major Russian will. And create a block to stop India entering UNSC.

2 ) We must not forget and so does Russia has not forgotten that India backed Russia on Crimea.

3 ) Other points are, China copying Russian arms and selling it to different countries including Pak. Hence it is a set back to Russia.

4 ) Post NATO Afghanistan is important for Russia too and Pakistan is one of the major players in this game.

5 ) IF India can do something with iron fist to kick out Pakistan from Afghanistan , that will be the major success for us in whole of the world geopolitics and only Indians can do this no other country. This will question Pakistan's capability to safeguard any foreign investments.

Zebra

Country flag
Time to give a warning to Russia. Enough is enough.

So this is a clear indication that in the Indo-China context where do the Russians stand. No surprise here.
Keeping in mind that almost each and every weapon platform they offer to India, they offered to China also and they offered PAK-FA first to China.

What is the benefit of that clear indication....?

sob

Mod
Country flag
Russia has been selling weapons to China for decades, but it has always supported India's stand against Pakistan in international forums. Now they are realigning themselves with PRC as they know alone they cannot take on the US/NATO.

This shift is what is important to India and we will have to calibrate our response accordingly.

amoy

Everyone is hedging his bets by diversifying ~ China wants Pakistan in SCO then Russia backs Indian membership; India sources weapons from America ++ resulting in less dependence on Russia then Russia explores Pakistan market...

In the reshuffling Pakistan spreads her wings as the regional crux thanks to her strategic location - America China and Russia all attach great importance to her in proximity to Afg. and Iran/ the Gulf.

~Tapa talks: Orange is the new black.~

Country flag
Keeping in mind that almost each and every weapon platform they offer to India, they offered to China also and they offered PAK-FA first to China.

What is the benefit of that clear indication....?
The good news is there have been no new deals for any Russian weapons in almost ten years and many old deals are dead?

Smerch, kilo,Klub etc also look for pakfa to be cancelled too.

Country flag
What exactly is the benefit for India in joining sco?
Seems like a waste of time if Russia and China are going to
Be running this circus.

Zebra

Country flag
The good news is there have been no new deals for any Russian weapons in almost ten years and many old deals are dead?

Smerch, kilo,Klub etc also look for pakfa to be cancelled too.
That's right.

On top it get Su-30 update from Israel.

And try GE engine on it, if it fits. As GE already tried one MATV engine on Su-37 .

Country flag
It is a shame that after decades of doing business with Russia India did not have the intelligence to realize the urgency for indigenous weapons development. Typical attitude,ego and arrogance at the top.

Zebra

Country flag
What exactly is the benefit for India in joining sco?
Seems like a waste of time if Russia and China are going to
Be running this circus

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Everyone is hedging his bets by diversifying ~ China wants Pakistan in SCO then Russia backs Indian membership; India sources weapons from America ++ resulting in less dependence on Russia then Russia explores Pakistan market...

In the reshuffling Pakistan spreads her wings as the regional crux thanks to her strategic location - America China and Russia all attach great importance to her in proximity to Afg. and Iran/ the Gulf.

~Tapa talks: Orange is the new black.~
Thanks for not trolling this time, all good points, however I will contest the catchy line many poster use that is 'strategic location of Pakistan'. I don't want sound rude but one word I felt like to say when I read such catchy lines...huh.......

Can discuss it further for Indian posters at appropriate time.
Many of us have said this before that Pakistan is too big to be isolated, but there is caveat I never miss to add, that our conflict with them is independent of any of their friendships and we have punished them for their mischief even when they were friend of US, China, Iran, Jordan, Turkey together.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles