Russian involvement in Syrian crisis

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
BTW, these 2 Syrian Su-24s shot down over Idlib further increases F-16's combat record:

78 (previously 76) - A2A kills
1 - A2A losses
5 - Ground fire losses

https://migflug.com/jetflights/the-combat-statistics-for-all-the-aircraft-currently-in-use/
There was no 2nd SU-24 shot down by Turkey. It is just Propoganda and nothing else. And no cares about the F-16's combat Record. Not all of the information with regards to F-16 combat Data is known to be full-proof.

By the way how was F-16 shot down by Soviet MiG-23? You recall that? (Lol)

StealthFlanker

Country flag
There was no 2nd SU-24 shot down by Turkey. It is just Propoganda and nothing else. And no cares about the F-16's combat Record. Not all of the information with regards to F-16 combat Data is known to be full-proof.

By the way how was F-16 shot down by Soviet MiG-23? You recall that? (Lol)
I don't think any F-16 was shotdown by Mig-23. Aren't you mistaken that with the Mig-25 and F-18?

Super Flanker

Country flag
I don't think any F-16 was shotdown by Mig-23. Aren't you mistaken that with the Mig-25 and F-18?
I am not talking about the incident in which Speicher's FA-18 was shot down by a MIG-25, I am talking about the time when PAF F-16s had countered Soviet MIG-23s and one F-16 was shot down by 1 of the MIG-23s.

StealthFlanker

Country flag
I am not talking about the incident in which Speicher's FA-18 was shot down by a MIG-25, I am talking about the time when PAF F-16s had countered Soviet MIG-23s and one F-16 was shot down by 1 of the MIG-23s.
I have just search up the incident
So basically it is a dispute case
According to Pakistan version of the event, the leas leader mistakenly shotdown his own wing men due by AIM-9L
According to a Russian version of the event. Soviet MiG-23MLD pilots, while on a bombing raid along the Pakistani-Afghan border, reported being attacked by F-16s and then seeing one F-16 explode. It could have been downed by gunfire from a MiG whose pilot did not report the kill, because Soviet pilots were not allowed to attack Pakistani aircraft without permission

Super Flanker

Country flag
I have just search up the incident
So basically it is a dispute case
According to Pakistan version of the event, the leas leader mistakenly shotdown his own wing men due by AIM-9L
According to a Russian version of the event. Soviet MiG-23MLD pilots, while on a bombing raid along the Pakistani-Afghan border, reported being attacked by F-16s and then seeing one F-16 explode. It could have been downed by gunfire from a MiG whose pilot did not report the kill, because Soviet pilots were not allowed to attack Pakistani aircraft without permission
I would rather believe the Soviet version of the story because Pakistan can not be trusted. Especially their military which has been known to lie a lot and deny and cover up their losses, only to accept it after some time.

As far as I know, Pakistan had initially denied that they had lost an F-16 during the Skirmish with Soviet Pilots. Later they accepted that they lost an F-16 but said it was Friendly fire.

Read this:-

Global Defence

Articles