Russian involvement in Syrian crisis

Akim

Professional
Country flag
A Sukhoi-24 of the Russian Air Force was shot down. Where it was shot down is disputed. The wreckage and the pilots fell on Syrian territory.

Radar

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Bilal Erdogan's oil business has been badly hit after the Russian strikes on ISIS. I want to see what Sultan Erdogan does next.
I "adore the" when you build geopolitical conclusions.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
I have already posted an article with link to back that claim up. If I find it, I will re-post it.
The article does not mean anything. With scientific degree - Master of Political Science, I can also write an article in the local rag/newspaper, which then reprint big online edition. There are only facts that we still know very little. You should not jump to conclusions.

amoy

Now Russia is further stepping up support for Kurds, in connection with Turkey's recent downing of Su24. Syrian FM has arrived yesterday at Moscow and is to meet PYD leaders there soon. Cooperation with Syrian Kurds would instigate a geopolitical shift because of their links to the PKK, an autonomy-seeking militant group that has been involved in armed clashes with Turkish forces since the late 1970s.

Below happened in Oct..
__
Syrian Kurdish PYD to open representative office in Moscow

MOSCOW,— The Kurdish Democratic Union party (PYD) of Syrian Kurdistan plans to open a mission in Russia, a move that would anger Turkey which sees the party as a terrorist group, Russia’s Kommersant newspaper reported on Tuesday.

Leaders of the Kurdish group will hold consultations with the Russian foreign ministry in Moscow on Wednesday, Kommersant said, including talks about further steps toward the opening of a Russian office.

The purpose of the mission is to strengthen cooperation with Moscow in fighting Islamic State, the newspaper said.

Turkey suspects Russia, which launched air strikes in Syria three weeks ago, has been lending support to the PYD and its armed wing YPG.

Ankara has warned Moscow it would not tolerate Kurdish territorial gains close to its frontiers in north-western Syria.

Kommersant quoted a Turkish diplomatic source as saying the opening of a mission by the PYD would provoke a harsh reaction from Ankara, with which Moscow already has strained relations over Syria.

Syrian Kurds declared their own autonomous Kurdish region (Western Kurdistan, Rojava) in November 2013.
http://ekurd.net/pyd-open-representative-moscow-2015-10-20

~Tapa talks: Orange is the new black.~

pmaitra

J.A.

Militants
A Sukhoi-24 of the Russian Air Force was shot down. Where it was shot down is disputed. The wreckage and the pilots fell on Syrian territory.
Second pilot is also killed. Close to rebells or Assad.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles