Russian involvement in Syrian crisis

rockey 71

http://world.einnews.com/article_detail/290313955/ghKlRAVBnik19oNr?n=2&code=V_j1QY2HSpsXoQMS

Just two of 57 Russian airstrikes in Syria have hit Isil, says Turkey
12:17 GMT
On Wednesday, a Syrian regime ground offensive in four locations across the provinces of Hama and Idlib were supported by intensive Russian airstrikes, marking the first time that Moscow and Damascus have openly coordinated military operations. Clashes took place on the ground in Hama province and began when regime forces including pro-government militias launched an attack on … (continue reading)

Country flag
Air strikes are costly I am sure Russians have a better ratio than that? More propaganda?

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Russian Warships launch Kalibr NK (Klub) cruise missiles , to target IS positions.

Can we ask them to use Brahmos there, through back channel?

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Russian Warships launch Kalibr NK (Klub) cruise missiles , to target IS positions.
waaw... great video ...very thanks for the quick share ..!!

yeah ..the Brahmos can be used from the Russian patrol boat stationed in Caspian .. the missile can be pass through Iran and Iraq via private transport ..later it can be reached Syria and detonate inside so called ISIS position

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Russians have not inducted brahmos. They would most likely use onyx or yakhont. I would like to see granit bring used?
If they use Granit, then operational capability of Brahmos cannot be tested completely. Still, they should deploy few Granits to see how a supersonic cruise missile be advantageous. Indian defence think tanks must be analysing the strike capability very closely.

rockey 71

Air strikes are costly I am sure Russians have a better ratio than that? More propaganda?
An objective of the Russians is to battle-test some of the new eqpt. And these conflicts offer an excellent marketing exhibition for weapons they would like to sell. Of course that goes with all of them - US, China and the French also.

Yun Ming

I see the Buyan-M and Gepard selling very well next year. :D

Seriously, Buyan-M for a 900 ton "corvette" is very very impressive!!!

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Any Krivak class frigate in the operation?

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Don't think so. I think Gepard and Buyan are the biggest ships in the Caspian flotilla.
Thanks
More over krivak is old, and for ASW. So they won't deploy it unless until USN is also present close to them, which is not possible.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Sit back and enjoy the show. If any party wants weapons and ammo, we should give them at top $$$$.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Beautiful video. However, one can question. Like missile with a range of start - 300 km., has flown 5 times more?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles