Russian involvement in Syrian crisis

The enlightened

Iranian troops prepare to aid Russia with Syrian ground assault, officials say

More Iranian troops have arrived in Syria for an upcoming ground operation to accompany Russian airstrikes, defense officials confirm to Fox News.

“It has always been understood in this building that the Russians would provide the air force, and the Iranians would provide the ground force in Syria,” one official said.

Army Col. Steve Warren told reporters, “We know the Iranians are a part of this. We've known that since day one.”

The officials speaking to Fox News could not disclose the size of this new Iranian force due to the sensitivity of the information.

These Iranian forces are under the command of Maj. Gen. Qasem Soleimani, the Quds Force commander in charge of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard’s international operations, which runs a network of proxy forces throughout the Middle East, including Syria, Iraq, Yemen, and Lebanon.

Fox News first reported a secret meeting between Soleimani and Russian President Vladimir Putin, which took place in late July. Part of the discussions between Soleimani and Putin was the future Russian build up in Syria, coordinated closely with Iran.

~~Still waters run deep. ~~from my MiPad using tapatalk
Finally use one of their 2 armies.

Cadian

OFAB-250

FAB-500

Very "high-precision weapons" :crazy:developedin the ' 50s.
There I should make a few notes.

The planes send to Syria are equipped with a targeting system upgrade made by a Russian company GEFEST & T. This upgrade is a Russian approach of solving a problem of high-precision bombardment - the system tracks both the target location and the plane flight data, making computing and sending results to autopilot, which leads the plane to a location where it will automatically drop dumb bombs with necessary accuracy.

This approach solves the problem of modern smart munitions, which are so expensive, that sometimes cost 100-1000 times more then their target. Now you cat hit the target with almost the same result, using cheap dumb munitions of 60-years old design.

Su-24M2
Upgrade for the Su-24M `Fencer-D' developed by Gefest and T Company based at Zhukovsky. A development example has been undergoing trials at the 4th Combat Training Centre of tactical air forces in Lipetsk since late 1999. Upgrade includes replacement of standard Orbital-10 onboard computer with the new SVP-24 computer, installing a GPS receiver and the KAI-24 HUD. In addition to improving the navigation accuracy of the Su-24, it is claimed that the accuracy of unguided weapons attacks would be brought up to almost equal to the accuracy of guided munitions. It is reported that sevenRussian Air Force examples have been upgraded as of mid-2002. Additionally seven Algerian Air Force examples have been upgraded. The work is being carried out at the Novosibirsk NAPO plant.
http://wiki.scramble.nl/index.php/Sukhoi_Su-24

gadeshi

There were 2 variants of Su-24M update - Su-24M2 Gusar from Sukhoi (more budgetted one) and Su-24M2 Gefest from Gefest & T (with SVP-24). The second one has been chosen.
Yeah, SVP-24 from Gefest makes Su-24M and Tu-22M3 (with SVP-24-22) to use unguided munitions with SDR of 5-10m depending on munition type and drop circumstances.
Su-24M2 Gefest update suit includes SVP-24 mission computers (on Baget processor basis) and software, ShKAI-24 HUD, platformless INS with laser hyroscopes, new flight params gathering and processing suite, new satellite (GPS/GLONAS) navigation system, LCD dysplays changing some mechanical instruments, and radar software update.

Akim

Professional
Country flag

Syria

the original cartoon
There I should make a few notes.

The planes send to Syria are equipped with a targeting system upgrade made by a Russian company GEFEST & T. This upgrade is a Russian approach of solving a problem of high-precision bombardment - the system tracks both the target location and the plane flight data, making computing and sending results to autopilot, which leads the plane to a location where it will automatically drop dumb bombs with necessary accuracy.

This approach solves the problem of modern smart munitions, which are so expensive, that sometimes cost 100-1000 times more then their target. Now you cat hit the target with almost the same result, using cheap dumb munitions of 60-years old design.

http://wiki.scramble.nl/index.php/Sukhoi_Su-24
Show Syrian boy who tells and shows how the missile fell into the courtyard of his school? Mistakes are inevitable.

Cadian

Show Syrian boy who tells and shows how the missile fell into the courtyard of his school? Mistakes are inevitable.
Wrote a person who ignored children deaths on Donbass, that were caused by Ukrainian artillery. What can I reply to you? STFU!

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Wrote a person who ignored children deaths on Donbass, that were caused by Ukrainian artillery. What can I reply to you? STFU!

The Ukrainian army has no super sights from Russia ))) I didn't set out to count the number of killed Russian pilots - civil. I only stressed that mistakes happen.Not for you to say some thing about the killing of children, after the Russian army and militants have destroyed Debaltseve.

Sameet2

The Ukrainian army has no super sights from Russia ))) I didn't set out to count the number of killed Russian pilots - civil. I only stressed that mistakes happen.Not for you to say some thing about the killing of children, after the Russian army and militants have destroyed Debaltseve.
hello my Ukrainian friend !

I am curious why do you hate Russians? so many Ukrainians I have seen as anti Russian . your democracy was a joke it had developed to Balkan menace . protest and militarized group marching on road. You sold off politicians had sold off your nation to west just to get on EU and NATO . You just lost Donbass and Sevastopol because of your US paid politicians . Good luck Ukrainians !

Cadian

The Ukrainian army has no super sights from Russia )))
Ha-Ha-Ha. You really have to shut your Ukropatriotic f*ck up, in order not to scare the other users with your moral deviations.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
hello my Ukrainian friend !

I am curious why do you hate Russians? so many Ukrainians I have seen as anti Russian . your democracy was a joke it had developed to Balkan menace . protest and militarized group marching on road. You sold off politicians had sold off your nation to west just to get on EU and NATO . You just lost Donbass and Sevastopol because of your US paid politicians . Good luck Ukrainians !
This Is not important topic or problem for debate or discussion.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/civil-war-in-ukraine.61895/page-787#post-1086354

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Ha-Ha-Ha. You really have to shut your Ukropatriotic f*ck up, in order not to scare the other users with your moral deviations.
If Russian aircraft such precise navigation, why they flew into the sky Turkey?

gadeshi

If Russian aircraft such precise navigation, why they flew into the sky Turkey?
I think, this was AD provocation to record its RF fingerprint. In Cold War era this was called "Needle Shot".
Also we don't know details, it can be a turkish strike intercept either.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

Akim

Professional
Country flag
I think, this was AD provocation to record its RF fingerprint. In Cold War era this was called "Needle Shot".
Also we don't know details, it can be a turkish strike intercept either.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk
Then we wait.

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
When you guys gonna stop worshipping fake jesus?

& charlemagne used Slavs to death in mines in 8th century. Scythians were Hindus, why're you not?

Has nothing with beef.

gadeshi

So, Turkish have stated that the plane, which had pursuit Turkish F-16 near the border was MiG-29.
It can be only Syrian MiG-29 9-12.
Finita la Comedia :)

Akim

Professional
Country flag
KAB-500S

..................................................................................................

raja696

finally somebody showing truth that there is no good terrorist and bad terrorist..... BOMB THEM ALL FCUKERS
Loving Russians at least they have clear head unlike yankees and nato

gadeshi

finally somebody showing truth that there is no good terrorist and bad terrorist..... BOMB THEM ALL FCUKERS
Loving Russians at least they have clear head unlike yankees and nato
Russians love to solve their problems in a pretty radical way :)
Are you with us? Good! No? You are our target!
They don't like little SDBs or GBU-38s. They love 500kg presents :)

Akim

Professional
Country flag
I'll say you two fancy things.

1) Gas pipeline to Mariupol is laid through Donetsk, so if Mariupol would be taken, then Ukraine could cut off both Donetsk and Mariupol from gas supplies in winter time, causing a huge humanitarian disaster. While Mariupol remained under Ukrainian control, it has allowed DNR to take gas from this pipe last winter and heat like never before! FOR FREE. And Ukraine can't do anything about that, because it risks to freeze it's own city under control and stop it's factories if it will reduce or cut the gas flow in this pipe.

2) Russian MoD had many times said, that all missions are performed at attitudes more than 5000 meters, so no MANPADS can reach them. The glorious Ukrainian Air Force had sucked up epically from a small Strelkov's team, but don't think that Russian Air Force is like yours.
1)http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/civil-war-in-ukraine.61895/page-788#post-1087051
2) Of course, the tactics of the Russian aircraft is not so. It has to date only the probability of military clashes with coalition aircraft. Therefore it is possible with impunity bombing Assad opposition, because they do not have air-defense systems.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles