Russian involvement in Syrian crisis

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Err: "The intensified push by both sides to have more control of the contested City of Aleppo and the pullback of opposition forces and population from Damascus suburb could only mean that the US and Russia and near calling a ceasefire/deal so both sides are trying to maximize gains before that happens."

gadeshi

For you good for the rebels sad. However, it is not a disaster.
Yet.
But Aleppo will be captured nearest time anyway. This event will break the ISIS spine for sure. Americans know it and yell like hell to not to bomb "their" terrorists.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

gadeshi

It's becoming clear that Syria will be partitioned de facto. The intensified push by both sides to have more control of the contested City of Aleppo and the pullback of opposition forces and population from Damascus suburb. The question is who won?

Well, Assad was in full control of it and had strategic weight to throw around the neighborhood particularly against Israel by supporting Hizbollah before the civil war. But now, his territory is vastly reduced and his power is greatly diminished. Meanwhile there is a substantial territory in Syria now that Western powers freely operates from.

So for me it is clear who has won...
Wrong.
Western forces a too few and act illegally in Syria. Assad and Russians don't touch them yet because too busy with current tasks.
However, there were incidents of US SOS base bombing and US sit tight on this.
Once US SOS back terrorists and are in those terrorists camps, and they are illegally in Syria, Russia and Assad can knocking them down without a hassle. And something tells me that it will be done if US govt will be so stupid to not to evac them in time.

pmaitra

Wrong.
Western forces a too few and act illegally in Syria. Assad and Russians don't touch them yet because too busy with current tasks.
Once US SOS back terrorists and are in those terrorists camps, and they are illegally in Syria, Russia and Assad can knocking them down without a hassle. And something tells me that it will be done if US govt will be so stupid to not to evac them in time.

Heck, Turkey has on several occasions bombed the Kurds, knowing fully well US citizens, both volunteers and special forces were embedded with the Kurds, and the US did nothing. If Russia bombs them, what will they do? Perhaps publish some more angry articles about Putin and nothing more.

gadeshi

Heck, Turkey has on several occasions bombed the Kurds, knowing fully well US citizens, both volunteers and special forces were embedded with the Kurds, and the US did nothing. If Russia bombs them, what will they do? Perhaps publish some more angry articles about Putin and nothing more.
Russia already has bombed them 2 times and there were no answer.
And don't forget China coming to the stage...

pmaitra

Russia already has bombed them 2 times and there were no answer.
And don't forget China coming to the stage...

I know. I have already posted that news. This happened near the Jordanian border. :)

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Wrong.

I said my piece, now we'll see... I've open my pop corn a long time ago on this conflict (it's tragic though since the misery of the people there could have easily been lessened or avoided if only Assad has the heart to do the right thing and step down).

pmaitra

Some latest developments:

Not too thrilled with Kurds being at the receiving end, but ISIS needs to go first.

Scarface

I said my piece, now we'll see... I've open my pop corn a long time ago on this conflict (it's tragic though since the misery of the people there could have easily been lessened or avoided if only Assad has the heart to do the right thing and step down).
Assad really should step down even now and seek asylum,if we look at things from a POV with respect to Assad as an individual instead geopolitical one,the damage is already done to the people and I'm not in agreement with you on his regime not being worth fighting for, but I'm saying this would be the best for his own sake and that of his family's.
Even if he wins the civil war things won't end well for him and will probably end up assassinated

pmaitra

@Akim, Sir, with “ecstasy,” I wish to inform you and others that the “котёл” around Aleppo has been completed after a breach.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
@Akim, Sir, with “ecstasy,” I wish to inform you and others that the “котёл” around Aleppo has been completed after a breach.

You become fixated ? There is not even operational encirclement.

pmaitra

You become fixated ? There is not even operational encirclement.
I am not sure what the source is, but let's say you are correct. Even in that case, it is a good thing. A narrow passage is good for artillery targeting in case some of these so called "moderates" attempt to escape.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
@pmaitra I beg you. So please do not be silly. Learn military terminology. I understand Russian promoters - they want to give it all for the great success. But there is not a large group of insurgents. It Encirclement, but not just operative.
Military science - it is also a science. She had a long time to learn. We can not, as a Zakharchenko for 2 years, no one turned into major general.

Bahamut

A 'Destroyed' and 'Collapsed' Hospital in East Aleppo Receives 40+ 'Chlorine Attack' Victims
This is stupid. Can we please get propaganda that isn't brain-dead?

(Moon of Alabama)
4 hours ago | 358 1
Donate!

Originally appeared at Moon of Alabama
Airstrike destroys Syrian hospital amid fears of ‘catastrophic’ turn in fighting, Washington Post, April 28 2016

An onslaught of airstrikes in rebel-held areas of the Syrian city of Aleppo has killed scores and destroyed a hospital supported by international aid groups, activists and humanitarian workers said Thursday, prompting the United Nations to warn of a “catastrophic deterioration” that could intensify an already dire humanitarian crisis.
Airstrikes Wednesday night collapsed a hospital supported by ...
[..] it was the hospital raid late Wednesday that was likely to have the most devastating humanitarian impact, U.N. and other aid officials said.
Al-Quds hospital in Aleppo’s al-Sukkari neighborhood had an emergency room, an intensive-care unit and eight doctors and 28 nurses on staff, Doctors Without Borders said. It was “well known locally,” the organization said on its Twitter account Thursday.

At least 14 patients and medical staffers — including three doctors — were killed when the hospital was hit by a “direct” strike, the aid group said. One of the doctors was Mohammed Waseem Maaz, Aleppo’s last pediatrician, activists said. Another was a dentist.

Chlorine attack deepens fears among besieged Aleppo residents, Washington Post, September 8 2016

The Syrian government dropped a bomb containing chlorine on a besieged neighborhood in the city of Aleppo on Tuesday, heightening fears among people who are cut off from the outside world and unable to escape, according to residents and hospitals in the area.
A statement from the al-Quds hospital, which received 46 of the patients, said that all were suffering from breathing difficulties and that “a strong smell of chlorine emanated from their clothes.”
So the "destroyed" and "collapsed" Al-Quds hospital in east-Aleppo has been rebuild during intense fighting in the area? And it is big enough to take 46 patients? It is also very well equipped? A picture in Washington Post shows a youngster in the "Al-Quds hospital" with a breathing mask. Next to him are five electronic infusion pumps. More expensive medical electronic equipment is visible in the background. This, supposedly, in an area that is besieged, has no electricity, is under constant bombing and with no access to the outer world?

Also: Isn't it astonishing that the Syrian government always launches these "chlorine attacks" shortly after the "rebels" suffered a military defeat? Or are these attacks, claimed only by the "rebels", a propaganda diversion from their military defeats?

(Note also this oddity: Months after "Aleppo’s last pediatrician" was killed, as claimed in the first piece above, six (killed?) pediatricians from east-Aleppo signed a letter to U.S. president Obama.)

The "White Helmets", on whose reports both the above WaPo pieces are based, received $60 million from the U.S., UK and other governments for their public relations work. For such high expenses we taxpayers should demand more consistent propaganda.

Or should we demand that news organization, for which we as consumers also pay, hire writers who are competent and of integrity. Real journalists who debunk, instead of promote, obvious bullshit like those "Al-Quds hospital" fairy tales above.

pmaitra

@pmaitra I beg you. So please do not be silly. Learn military terminology. I understand Russian promoters - they want to give it all for the great success. But there is not a large group of insurgents. It Encirclement, but not just operative.
Military science - it is also a science. She had a long time to learn. We can not, as a Zakharchenko for 2 years, no one turned into major general.
First of all, either the information you provided is correct, or the one I provided is correct. I take it you accept that the information I provided is correct.

Secondly, coming to rank and promotion, I don't know about Ukraine, but in India, promotion beyond the rank of a Colonel is a little bit opaque, and we have our generals trying to put spanner in the works of other generals. That is a topic in itself, and I don't want to talk about that here.

Let's focus on Syria.

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles