Russian Air Force Gets First Six Su-35S Fighter Jets

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

The Sukhoi aircraft maker delivered on Friday the first six Su-35S fighter jets to the Russian Air Force, the company said.The acceptance documents were signed by Defense Ministry officials at the Komsomolsk-on-Amur aircraft manufacturing plant in Russia's Far East.

The Sukhoi holding has fulfilled its obligations on the delivery of this type of aircraft under the 2012 state defense order," the company said in a statement.

"The fighter jets will fly to their designated home base in the near future," the statement said.

The Su-35, powered by two 117S engines with thrust vectoring, combines high maneuverability and the capability to effectively engage several air targets simultaneously using both guided and unguided missiles and weapon systems.

The aircraft has been touted as "4++ generation using fifth-generation technology."

The Russian Defense Ministry is planning to buy about 90 Su-35s, which will gradually become the core of Russia's fighter jet fleet.

drkrn

Much more powerful engines, increased service life, the other avionics, more powerful radar and one pilot.
can we then produce these instead of su mk-30i

WMD

why man,
in the next upgrade(super sukhoi) we'll get an AESA radar (zhuk-AE) compared to PESA of Su-35(irbis-E)
MKI engine though less powerful than that of Su-35, its a good engine with TVC. in the upgrade though the engine will probably remain same (new deal for 1000 AL-31FP engines)
avionics suit will be upgraded, rcs will probably go down to Su-35 level, besides the future will see the integration of BrahMos and Nirbhay CM on MKIs.
even though there's report abt china buying small no. of Su-35S, we r getting better than that in FGFA.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
It is of course better, but he is one and a half times more expensive. Does this make sense? Su-30MKI so good.

WMD

though i'm not sure abt the cost comparison between MKI and Su-35S,
i hav to say that russians make some damn good planes at a very low price than western ones.
if u deduct the developmental cost the projected cost of one unit of our primary 5th gen fighter FGFA will be less than that of 4th gen rafale that we r buying, by a lrge margin.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles