Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

aim120

Country flag
Also how will russia differentiate a polish F16 doing CAP from a ukraine F16. Also given that western pilots would mostly fly these, it gives russia even more reason to take them out along with the launch bases.
Since the F16 could very well fly low, below the radar all the way from polish bases.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Given that an old grandpa MiG-21 shot down a F-16, i am not too worried about the Ukronazis getting a F16. Sure, it won't be block C/D like the pakiland ones, but then again, Russia has far better options than MiG-21s to take out that overrated yankee piece of crap.
True F-16 was shot down by a MiG-21 but that MiG-21 was not exactly a "GrAnDpA", it was a highly upgraded version of MiG with avionics bringing nearly it to 3.5/4th generation standards.

Ever since the news of Ukraine getting F-16s had broken out, Ukrainians are acting as if F-16s would decimate Russia, sure F-16s would likely have much better arms package than any current UAF jet but I doubt that they would be the game changing wonder Weopon as many would tout them to be, western platforms are infact greatly overrated whereas Russian ones are underrated by being labelled as "Old Soviet Era Junk'.

Last edited:

Blood+

Country flag
True F-16 was shot down by a MiG-21 but that MiG-21 was not exactly a "GrAnDpA", it was a highly upgraded version of MiG with avionics bringing nearly to 3.5/4th generation standards.

Ever since the news of Ukraine getting F-16s had broken out, Ukrainians are acting as if F-16s would decimate Russia, sure F-16s would likely have much better arms package than any current UAF jet but I doubt that they would be the game changing wonder Weopon as many would tout them to be, western platforms are infact greatly overrated whereas Russian ones are underrated by being labelled as "Old Soviet Era Junk'.
Plus the numbers they are getting those birds in are just miniscule.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
True F-16 was shot down by a MiG-21 but that MiG-21 was not exactly a "GrAnDpA", it was a highly upgraded version of MiG with avionics bringing nearly to 3.5/4th generation standards.

It was a MiG-21bis. Which is nowhere close to a 4th gen standard, at best, its a 3rd gen standard. My point is simple - if a MiG-21bis can take down a plane an entire generation superior to it, the conventional planes Russia has wont have much problems with the latest gen F16s.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Plus the numbers they are getting those birds in are just miniscule.
Some Ukrainians say that they would get 100s of F-16s(Incase you perceive this as sarcasm or a joke, trust me, it's not). How much effect F-16s would have on the battle field would depend on how many numbers are deployed, which version alas Block standards they are, and which weopons they would field against the RuAF, and last but not least, how good/bad their operators aka pilots would be.

Blood+

Country flag
Some Ukrainians say that they would get 100s of F-16s(Incase you perceive this as sarcasm or a joke, trust me, it's not). How much effect F-16s would have on the battle field would depend on how many numbers are deployed, which version alas Block standards they are, and which weopons they would field against the RuAF, and last but not least, how good/bad their operators aka pilots would be.
Then it will become a serious problem for the Russians, at least until they figure something out.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
>Ukraine wants Spain's Patriot systems to replenish losses.
>Ukrainian transport helicopters start receiving Adros KUV 26-50 combo chaff & flare modules.
>
New MTLB weed-whacker model spotted in Zaporizhiya (link).
>After the disaster at the Orekhov-workino line, AFU has fallen back to muster reserve forces. But continues artillery bombardment.
>In Zaporizhiya, the Ukrainian 47th Mechanized Brigade are now using their tanks as rear line artillery pieces. 3 Russian BM-21 Grads taken out by 26th Artillery Brigade.

>In Zaporizhiya, a TOS-1 was taken out by counter battery strike from Ukrainian M109 SPH.
>10-12 Bradleys and 3 Leopards taken out in Kherson.
>ANALysts claim the recent counteroffensives are a mere distraction and Ukraine has magic
ally hidden away another 15 mechanized brigades that will make a surprise attack on Russian lines somewhere not Zaporizhiya, Kaminskoye, Bakhmut, Kherson or Rabotino.
>AFU has tapped into their reserves and have amassed over 300 MBTs of various makes and 350-380 IFVs in another attempt to take Zaporizhiya.
>Due to complaints, this post has not been colored.

maximus777

Country flag
True F-16 was shot down by a MiG-21 but that MiG-21 was not exactly a "GrAnDpA", it was a highly upgraded version of MiG with avionics bringing nearly it to 3.5/4th generation standards.

I am eager to find out - Flankers v/s F-whatever. Let's get it on!!:cruisin2:

maximus777

Country flag
Also how will russia differentiate a polish F16 doing CAP from a ukraine F16. Also given that western pilots would mostly fly these, it gives russia even more reason to take them out along with the launch bases.
Since the F16 could very well fly low, below the radar all the way from polish bases.
Splash the Polish ones too and claim "transgression". Call out their "non state" BS.

I am hoping S400 can light them up as soon as they take off their runways.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Boolshet. They'll be lucky to get more than 20-25 in the first year of delivery.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
>Ukraine wants Spain's Patriot systems to replenish losses.
>Ukrainian transport helicopters start receiving Adros KUV 26-50 combo chaff & flare modules.
>
New MTLB weed-whacker model spotted in Zaporizhiya (link).
>After the disaster at the Orekhov-workino line, AFU has fallen back to muster reserve forces. But continues artillery bombardment.
>In Zaporizhiya, the Ukrainian 47th Mechanized Brigade are now using their tanks as rear line artillery pieces. 3 Russian BM-21 Grads taken out by 26th Artillery Brigade.

>In Zaporizhiya, a TOS-1 was taken out by counter battery strike from Ukrainian M109 SPH.
>10-12 Bradleys and 3 Leopards taken out in Kherson.
>ANALysts claim the recent counteroffensives are a mere distraction and Ukraine has magic
ally hidden away another 15 mechanized brigades that will make a surprise attack on Russian lines somewhere not Zaporizhiya, Kaminskoye, Bakhmut, Kherson or Rabotino.
>AFU has tapped into their reserves and have amassed over 300 MBTs of various makes and 350-380 IFVs in another attempt to take Zaporizhiya.
>Due to complaints, this post has not been colored.
Please colour it back. I use dark mode. It's actually pretty nice for me

Super Flanker

Country flag
It was a MiG-21bis. Which is nowhere close to a 4th gen standard, at best, its a 3rd gen standard. My point is simple - if a MiG-21bis can take down a plane an entire generation superior to it, the conventional planes Russia has wont have much problems with the latest gen F16s.
For your info, the MiG-21 in service with India is of the Bison standards, it is the most advanced version of the MiG-21, it is fitted with various goodies, BVR missiles like R-77, Israeli jammer pods to name a few so I would not call it a 3rd generation, neither maybe it could be called as even close to a fourth generation plane either, we can say it is between meaning it is a near 3.5 gen fighter.

But yes, the MiG-21 is indeed much behind the F-16 when it comes to technological sphere, the reason WC. Abhinandan managed to down the F-16 by firing an R-73 was cause of the fact that the F-16 pilots were not upto the mark. A while back, there were some sources citing how Pakistani pilots were given just passing marks in F-16 training, no wonder they lost a prized falcon to a mig.

Master Chief

Country flag
100s of F-16s for Ukraine would degrade Russian offensive capability against Ukraine, for a number of years.. but whether it will enable Ukraine to recapture the Crimean land bridge is not certain..

DumbPilot

Country flag
But yes, the MiG-21 is indeed much behind the F-16 when it comes to technological sphere, the reason WC. Abhinandan managed to down the F-16 by firing an R-73 was cause of the fact that the F-16 pilots were not upto the mark. A while back, there were some sources citing how Pakistani pilots were given just passing marks in F-16 training, no wonder they lost a prized falcon to a mig.
Off topic. But were we carrying R-77s during this encounter in 2019

Global Defence

New threads

Articles