Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

DumbPilot

Country flag
Say whatever you want. He is a former Pentagon advisor to the Jpint Chief of Staff. His opinion cannot be largely ignored as long as he has access to latest Pentagon intelligence reports. That's a fact.
Same dudes who were saying Kyiv in 3 days

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Well .
Ukronazi whores are pushing, dragging unwilling people into war, it indeed reminds us of colonial era when Britshits dragged us in WW1 and 2 across African and East asian front.
Are you an eyewitness of those events? If not, then any story is a whore that is in the service of the state. After the war, history will not remember him, but will show a photo of where the queues are in front of the military registration and enlistment office.
Russians will remember the inductee who shot the military commissar?

Blademaster

Same dudes who were saying Kyiv in 3 days
That was Gen. Mark Milley, the current JCOS. They had cause to believe that but Ukrainians managed to flood the entry points and deny easy entry and followed up with robust defense aided by real time intelligence provided by US.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Bruh stop.

There is a thread for the political stuff, was created when Varzone got out of hand. Please go and discuss there, and leave this thread to military developments.

Lots of stuff happening near adviivka and all, but all we get here is "you nazi!" "you more nazi!!" :/
Where is Varzone? I miss him.

Master Chief

Country flag
Say whatever you want. He is a former Pentagon advisor to the Jpint Chief of Staff. His opinion cannot be largely ignored as long as he has access to latest Pentagon intelligence reports. That's a fact.
And why would he retain classified access.. It's revoked once he is out of the job

Master Chief

Country flag
Nope it is related to the Ukrainian conflict because when the conflict started it sharply spiked the inflation which led the Feds to drastically increase the interest rates and didn't lower it down which led to the banking crisis.
The spike in inflation is because rates were 0 during covid, and Fed injected trillions of dollars into the system during the period.. It's karma biting Fed in the a**

Ylside

Country flag
:rofl: Hey Sherlock Holmes, check the kill ratio. Hint: It is largely in Russia's favor despite being outnumbered.
What a terrific idea :) So, where can I check real kill ratio? Because, you know, both Ukrainians and Russians are giving like opposite numbers ;)

Blademaster

What a terrific idea :) So, where can I check real kill ratio? Because, you know, both Ukrainians and Russians are giving like opposite numbers ;)
You got a brain. Use it unless you are willing to admit that you don't have a brain due to being lobotomized or something?

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Interesting. I don't have much disagreement on the long term view that you posted. I completely agree that this west has been terribly short-sighted and has shot itself in the foot in the long run- risking economical dominance.

US public does have low tolerance for war, but mainly when bodybags are coming home. Do they have the same low tolerance when the impact is only economic (and pro-Ukraine propaganda is everywhere)? I am not so sure. I guess we will see in a couple or years.
Nothing of that sort. If the debt gets too much, they'll just say "debt cancil" and renege on their bonds and stuff held by non Western markets.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
🔥To everyone who does not believe in big Russian losses, this is dedicated to:

Eh, Im not entirely convinced that the russians have run out of old T-72s to pull from retirement. If you ask me, that tank is either going to DPR/LPR, who get the lowest quality stuff that Russian army doesnt want, or it is going to be used as an assault gun instead of a tank (in which case it would be quite adequate).

PETERPIPER

Country flag
Yes that is true however it was the Ukrainian conflict causing massive spikes in the oil prices that was the last straw on the camel's back.
The conflict is causing spikes in oil,gas,fertiliser,cooking oil and grain. This inflates the cost of energy and food. People will also ask for more pay to cover this. Everything will cost more to make.

The US still imports russian fertiliser for example to reduce costs:

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Oh, come on :) Weren´t you just recently been reprimanded for poor quality of your posts? You just can´t help yourself, can you? 😘
While I agree that personal attacks dont make a constructive discussion, kindly refrain from using my posts to poke others in a discussion. I did not reprimand him , I made a request to keep things civil.

At the same time, @Blademaster kindly keep the conversation to discussions, no need to attack personally. Discussion of casualties should not require insults.

Master Chief

Country flag

Leopard 1, M1A1, T-55s are being handed over to Ukraine too..
Russia too is using up its old stocks..
Doesn't mean Russia has run out of T-72s and T-90s.. although it will run out of T-72s in a couple more years if the war continues..
Atleast both NATO and Russia will run out of Cold War stocks by the end of this war.. I am happy about it.. there there will be one less unknown variable involved in future European wars.. Neither Russia nor NATO will be in a position to say they 10,000 T-72s or Leopard 1s in storage.. All these old tanks will end up Beheaded in Ukraine.. and I like that..

Sanglamorre

Country flag

We also bring out old tanks and station them opposite to China to use them as stationery guns. We aren't fighting a war even.
Also, it's very suprising if Russia is bringing these out after a year.

Ukraine has no worries, it gets free money and weapons from 100+ countries. Russia fighting alone (maybe with some Chinese help). They are much much more tough than I thought.

The Shrike

Country flag
Eh, Im not entirely convinced that the russians have run out of old T-72s to pull from retirement. If you ask me, that tank is either going to DPR/LPR, who get the lowest quality stuff that Russian army doesnt want, or it is going to be used as an assault gun instead of a tank (in which case it would be quite adequate).
Per some "open source" (usual disclaimers apply) calculations the Russians had only around 1500 T-72s in reserve (around 3400 counting active and reserve) - which seems pretty reasonable IMO.
Also AFAIK L/DPR forces have been officially integrated into the Russian armed forces, apparently recently mobilised are now in the lowest position of the totem pole (except convicts i guess).

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Leopard 1, M1A1, T-55s are being handed over to Ukraine too..
Russia too is using up its old stocks..
Doesn't mean Russia has run out of T-72s and T-90s.. although it will run out of T-72s in a couple more years if the war continues..
Atleast both NATO and Russia will run out of Cold War stocks by the end of this war.. I am happy about it.. there there will be one less unknown variable involved in future European wars.. Neither Russia nor NATO will be in a position to say they 10,000 T-72s or Leopard 1s in storage.. All these old tanks will end up Beheaded in Ukraine.. and I like that..
Where are the 10,000 T-72s? It was a paper tiger. Why did warehouse explosions become more frequent in Russia - because no one was counting on a big war. Slowly they stole from there. Money for maintenance also disappeared when the war came, in which it was necessary to fight on a large scale. it is easier to write off the shortage with explosions.
It is worse foL the heads of bases and arsenals - weapons do not explode. Therefore, it turned out that out of 7-8 tanks, only one started up. And the pace of the war is not reduced. By
we are soon waiting for the T-55.
PS By the way,Leo-1A5 FSС like Leo 2A4.

PETERPIPER

Country flag
Per some "open source" (usual disclaimers apply) calculations the Russians had only around 1500 T-72s in reserve (around 3400 counting active and reserve) - which seems pretty reasonable IMO.
Also AFAIK L/DPR forces have been officially integrated into the Russian armed forces, apparently recently mobilised are now in the lowest position of the totem pole (except convicts i guess).
These estimates from our side - nobody knows how many t72s russia has. 25000 were made.

I don't know if people remember that rusi article about industrial warfare and how they said they were surprised russia had more cruise missiles than estimated,ie,why we thought they would run out by summer last year.

We wouldn't be sending our frontline tanks(that we need) if russia was running out of tanks. Likewise,if they were running out of missiles,aircraft,etc we wouldn't be sending our patriots,samp/t,etc to the frontline.

My concern is how much have we underestimated chinese stockpiles of missiles,tanks,etc? They outpace most of the world in making things.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles