Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Master Chief

Country flag
This retardation did Varzone hack you account again:pound:bloomberg news how about quoting NYT and CNN next you NPC:bplease:
Moron.. that's a news item I posted.. Not a opinion/ Editorial piece by Bloomberg..

Here is Alibaba owned SCMP saying the same thing..

Screenshot_20221210-073456_Chrome.jpg

Soldier355

Country flag
Feedback on the Russian BMP-3 of the commander of the assault group of marines, reinforced with BMP-3 armored vehicles.

Published footage of the interception of Ukrainian missiles by the MLRS, the Russian Pantsir-S air defense system. It is not known which Ukrainian MLRS fired, MLRS M270 or M142 HIMARS. Flashes the moment of interception of missiles.

Footage of the impact of the Russian kamikaze drone "Lancet" in the P-18 all-round radar of Ukraine in the Kherson region. The P-18 all-round radar was put into service in 1970 and is designed to detect air targets and determine the nationality of air objects. The Ukrainian army has repeatedly upgraded the radar.

Footage of a large-scale attack by the Ukrainian army near the village of Peski on the positions of the Russian "Somalia" unit and the 11th regiment. As noted, the attack was organized quite competently. The Ukrainian army, taking advantage of the lack of Russian aviation, used 3 Mi-24 helicopters and armored vehicles. Ukrainian Mi-24 helicopters, not entering the air defense zone, carried out launches of unguided missiles from a pitch-up. Two T-64BV tanks supported the advance of the Shilka anti-aircraft gun and the BMP-2 armored vehicle with fire. After the defeat of the BMP-2, it later exploded, Ukrainian units began to retreat. Reportedly, after the retreat, the Ukrainian army lost part of its previously occupied positions.

Episode of the battle in Ukraine. On the Bakhmut direction in the Soledar area. An infantry fighting vehicle of the Ukrainian army was hit by a Russian ATGM crew. As a result of the battle, after an attempted offensive, the Ukrainian army reportedly suffered losses and retreated.

Blademaster

What world class weapons? Do you mean junk like Vikramadatya, T-90, Mig-29K, etc. Or a system like S-400 that is full of backdoor? As for IAF we are not strong because of Russian weaponry but because of Indian and Western systems.
Now I know you are reaching. Until Arjun came along, we had nothing better than T-90. The West only had Abrams and Leopolds and even the IA did not want them. They wanted the T-90. Most of IA's artillery are Russian based systems and they worked fine in Kargil and in cross border battles.

We prefer Rafale over Russian systems. For MRFA we prefer western systems.
Even on Russian aircraft we replace every piece of electronics, avionics and subsystem with Indian and western system. This should give you idea how competent Russian weaponry is.
How many Rafale do we have? How many MiG-29s and Su-30s do we have? We do go for Russian systems. Check out the Irbis radar systems.

One has to be delusional to say IAF powerful thanks to Russian weaponry.
Now I completely know that you are anti Russian. You are very biased against Russia and will not give any credit to Russia. Are you a paid western lobbyist speaking on behalf of western companies?

Time and again it was import lobby working on behest of Russians that sabotaged Indian products e.g. Arjun MBT, hit-jobs against QRSAM, Russians trying to derail FMBT and FICV program, etc. It was all Russian,
Pure BS. It was a matter of budgetary matters and being able to fit into the existing ecosystem of spares and supplies. And it was OFB doing most of the production and the quality that IA found problems with and preferred OEM over OFB.

That is pure BS and next level cope for personal gratification. Look at Russia-PRC trade and Russia-India trade, Russia's tension will be clear.
Russia is playing both sides and making money at both expense.
Remember Russians have sold S-400 to PRC too and much before they offered to India.
Russia has given full ToT and reverse engineering rights to PRC while HAL has to go Russia to certify changes in MKI and imports blades for manufacturing AL-31.
Completely bullshit. Russia did nothing of the kind. Russia never gave PRC full ToT for Su-30s. Only for the basic Su-27s. Russia never gave the full spec Su-30 to PRC, only to India. India got the best variant until the Su-35 and they didn't even sell that to PRC.

During Galwan Russia supplied weapons systems to both PRC and India.
Again misleading context. And US did supply weapons system to Pakistan and to China in the past.

What you choose to believe is up-to you. I do support your freedom of thought.
But your believes won't change the reality that Russians are bussnessmen and not our allies. Russians only want our money.
And I say the same about you. The West only wants our money too but more than that, they want us to toe their line while the Russians give us autonomy. That's the biggest difference.

GoI has realized that Russians don't respect us and only want to make money on our expense.
Oh really??? What about the nuclear reactor design? Russia leasing a fully capable nuke sub? Assisting us in areas of strategic interests? Russia providing veto on India's side every time a vote comes up at the UN that goes against India?

India's relation with Russians has become transactional in nature.
No. You wish it to be.

Geopolitics is not binary. I have been telling you the same thing from start of this war. Being friendly to US doesn't mean spitting on Russian face.
To suit your POV you are twisting the world view.
FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!! US WANTS INDIA TO SPIT INTO RUSSIAN FACE!!!! THEY WANT NOTHING MORE THAN FOR INDIA TO TELL RUSSIA TO FUCK OFF!! Have you not been watching our exterior affairs minister telling the US and other western countries to politely fuck off and say we will keep our relations with Russia.

Answer me this question : Are you classified as US whore. At the end of day you toe to the US line.

That is the point we don't have pick fight with Russia to be with US. At the end of fact remains India interest are better served allying with US.
You are so blinded to the US's intentions that you are going down a rabbit hole.

They did sell all their weapons systems to PRC and even gave them a better deal.
I will not be shocked if Russians gave backdoor access to PRC in Indian S-400.
Remember Vikramdayta Saga or T-90 saga or when Russians sold aircraft to PRC or engine to Paksiatn etc.
Russians have never hesitated from backstabbing us or betraying us when it suits them.
Now who is twisting the facts to suit one's narrative? This is all imaginary BS cooked in your mind.

US never said that. This is all imaginary BS cooked in your mind.
That is the point!!!!! Look at their actions!!!!!! You keep ignoring their actions and follow what they say!!!

What about your prostitution you do living in US? I never see any entitled Americans wanting to come back and settle in India. What are you contributing in India's development?
Now you are engaging in ad hominem attack again and again. Fuck you. I am calling you a paid US bitch. I am not a whore. You are the one that is being a whore and you are doing it while in India and hurting Indian interests. That makes you a traitor. As for contributing to India's development, I am an investor but I will not go into details of my personal affairs for the likes of you. You do not have any right to demand that kind of detail from me. You do not deserve it.

Better question why should Indians listen to NRI settled in American on how bad America is. On one hand the peole live in US but soon as they some anonymity they want India to not engage with US. Isn't this hypocrisy. We Indians have a responsibility towards our country and fellow Indians to have prosperous and comfortable life. We have responsibility towards our country to make it technologically advanced and self-sufficient. This is a hard reality of life.
So you are basically telling half of the forum posters that their opinions don't matter and that only your opinions matter.

This is all imaginary BS cooked in your mind. Indian GOI is more than capable to have a balance relationship.
And again, you don't want India to have any relationship with Russia. You want India to abandon its relationship with Russia. That has been your primary point all along on this thread over 3000 pages long!!! you are the one engaged in imaginary BS about Russia.

You don't apologize for being in the US but you should not virtue signal India for allying with US even if it means abandoning Russia. We Indians will do what is in our best Interest and currently it is allying with US.
Again you use my personal background to try to silence me again. This is not your fucking first or second time. I am entitled to have my opinion and have it heard and you do not have any right to silence me. You should not virtue signal what is best for India because you are living in India and only people like you are qualified to issue opinions. No. Patriotic Indians who live anywhere in the world are qualified to issue opinions about India. NON-PATRIOTIC Indians do not. Living in India does not make you patriotic. Heck we got new stories clippings of Indians living in India acting at the behest of western powers and engaging in Breaking India forces.

You are welcome to have your believes but the fact is Russia is a dying power. It treats India as cash cow and all our dealings are transaction in nature.
GOI has realized this and hence moved towards US.
Utter bullshit because those are not facts but opinions of yourself which has been imposed upon you by the western powers whether you willingly allow it or allow yourself to be bought for.

You keep attacking me for living in the US but what about you? You work for a company that takes US dollars. That makes you a whore and it is even worse because it means you are working for US interests while living in India.

Only people with full bellies and comfortable life talk about moral conviction and belief.
In India we have priority in reducing unemployment, improving education and health care. In short India and Indians have responsibility towards fellow Indians living in India and not to moral conviction of NRIs.
Now your bias shows up against NRIs even though NRIs have been the biggest donors of investment and repatriation of funds into India. Without NRIs' contribution, India would never been able to afford the negative current trading balance and be able to buy the critical fuel and fertilizers abroad. You are the one that is being ungrateful for the contributions by NRIs. You do not realize that if not for the NRIs contributions and remittances, India would never be where it is today, a land of opportunity. NRIs have been responsible for massive investment into schemes that reduce unemployment, improving education and healthcare. We have been meeting our responsibility towards our fellow Indians but your hatred towards NRIs blind you to that.

So get the fuck of your fucking imaginary high horse (it aint high to begin with. in fact it starts by being in the gutter) and acknowledge the contributions of NRIs towards India. Every PM of India has acknowledge that. Here's an article on NRI contribution to India: https://www.wisenri.com/nris-contribution-to-the-indian-economy/

And to spite you further. Here is a photo of Modi hugging Putin in your face.

Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 22-17-59 Russia Ukraine War 2022.png

Blademaster

By the way, when you, Dark Sorrow, attack me for being an NRI and try to silence me, why are you not extending the same treatment towards others who are NRIs but advocate India to abandon Russia and ally with US?

You don't because they happen to agree with your position. And there lies in the flaw of your ad hominem attack against me for being an NRI. You single my NRI background out because I have strongly opposed your opinion and factually demolished your arguments in front of other Indians. And you don't like it. So you try to find something to attack me. And it is rather unfortunate that you have to attack my background to do that. Shame on you. You should be ashamed.

As for the contribution of the NRIs, here's a gem from the article I posted:

Here's an article on NRI contribution to India: https://www.wisenri.com/nris-contribution-to-the-indian-economy/

One of the most reliable sources of foreign exchange inflows is the remittances from the diaspora. Every dollar (or Euro or Dinar) transferred by NRIs adds to India's creditworthiness and foreign reserves. They make up nearly 25% of India's total foreign reserves!
Look at Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and even Bangladesh. Their economies are in the shitters because they can't get their foreign reserves back into shape. We the NRIs have prevented India from falling into that trap for decades.

Last edited:

Craigs

Country flag
Poor Nuclear Kamikaze Putin thinking about nukes, out loud again.. Somebody throw this Desperado a bone..
Go change your nuclear doctrine Putya.. Why be so insecure that you need to say that Russia has the biggest, bestet nuclear di*ks.. And when that didn't work.. blabbering about nuclear risk one day, and then blabbering about nuclear first strike the next day.. :bplease: :cool1:

F??king Clown.. And the "our Western Partners" trope is getting tiresome.. Even Modi stopped saying "Mitron" after a point..

View attachment 185467
He is only responding to the moronic change in US nuclear doctrine and unilateral withdrawal from many bilateral treaties. Probably he received some intel about NATO and nuclear weapons that made him react this way.

Blademaster

He is only responding to the moronic change in US nuclear doctrine and unilateral withdrawal from many bilateral treaties. Probably he received some intel about NATO and nuclear weapons that made him react this way.
Exactly and these posters completely ignore statements made by the Western leaders about their own nuke response doctrines or Finland and Sweden hosting nuclear weapons. Putin/Russia gave the no first use of nukes pledge towards Sweden and Finland and even threw in no nukes against non nukes nations. How did they respond to him? By demanding to host nuke weapons on their soil for use against Russia.

So it is actually the western leaders who have been leading this hypercrazed hysteria filled narrative about nukes against Russia and Putin.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
PM Modi will not go to Moscow for annual meeting with Putin

So far, 21 annual summits have taken place alternatively in India and Russia. The last summit was held on December 6, 2021 in New Delhi.

PRIME MINISTER Narendra Modi will not be travelling to Russia for the annual summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin this year, sources said, citing “scheduling issues”. This comes in the backdrop of the Russia-Ukraine conflict, in which India has sought to maintain a diplomatic balancing act between the two sides.

The annual summit between the Indian Prime Minister and the Russian President is the highest institutionalized dialogue mechanism in the strategic partnership between the two countries.

So far, 21 annual summits have taken place alternatively in India and Russia. The last summit was held on December 6, 2021 in New Delhi.

While the annual summits started in 2000, the in-person summit could not take place in 2020 due to the Covid pandemic.

The summits usually take place within the calendar year, and with the year 2022 almost coming to a close, this year too there will be no in-person summit.

Modi and Putin had most recently met on the sidelines of the SCO Summit on September 16 in Samarkand, Uzbekistan. At that time, Modi had told Putin that this is not an era for war and that had been reflected in the recent G20 Bali declaration as well.

Earlier this week, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar told Parliament, “At Samarkand, Prime Minister voiced global sentiment when he declared that this was not an era of war. His statement was in the context of the Ukraine conflict, where our advocacy of dialogue and diplomacy has been consistent and persistent. It has a larger resonance as well. We have also extended support on specific concerns, such as supply of food grains and fertilizers, as indeed on security of nuclear installations. Our position has been broadly appreciated by the international community and finds reflection in the G20 Bali Declaration.”

While India has not explicitly condemned the Russian invasion of Ukraine, it has called for an international probe into the Bucha massacre as well as has expressed concerns over the nuclear threats issued by Russian leaders.

At the UN Security Council as well, India has taken a nuanced position and abstained from voting against Russia in several resolutions since February 24. This, sources said, has been a real test of India’s diplomatic tightrope walk so far.

However, Delhi — despite facing pressure from the West to condemn Moscow’s actions — has continued to buy oil at discounted prices, something for which the Russian leadership has expressed its appreciation. Besides, India’s dependence on Russia for its defence supplies is about 60 to 70 per cent of its supplies, and that has faced some challenges in the wake of the conflict.

Blademaster

PM Modi will not go to Moscow for annual meeting with Putin

PRIME MINISTER Narendra Modi will not be travelling to Russia for the annual summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin this year, sources said, citing “scheduling issues”. This comes in the backdrop of the Russia-Ukraine conflict, in which India has sought to maintain a diplomatic balancing act between the two sides.

The annual summit between the Indian Prime Minister and the Russian President is the highest institutionalized dialogue mechanism in the strategic partnership between the two countries.

While the annual summits started in 2000, the in-person summit could not take place in 2020 due to the Covid pandemic.

The summits usually take place within the calendar year, and with the year 2022 almost coming to a close, this year too there will be no in-person summit.

Modi and Putin had most recently met on the sidelines of the SCO Summit on September 16 in Samarkand, Uzbekistan. At that time, Modi had told Putin that this is not an era for war and that had been reflected in the recent G20 Bali declaration as well.

Earlier this week, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar told Parliament, “At Samarkand, Prime Minister voiced global sentiment when he declared that this was not an era of war. His statement was in the context of the Ukraine conflict, where our advocacy of dialogue and diplomacy has been consistent and persistent. It has a larger resonance as well. We have also extended support on specific concerns, such as supply of food grains and fertilizers, as indeed on security of nuclear installations. Our position has been broadly appreciated by the international community and finds reflection in the G20 Bali Declaration.”

While India has not explicitly condemned the Russian invasion of Ukraine, it has called for an international probe into the Bucha massacre as well as has expressed concerns over the nuclear threats issued by Russian leaders.

At the UN Security Council as well, India has taken a nuanced position and abstained from voting against Russia in several resolutions since February 24. This, sources said, has been a real test of India’s diplomatic tightrope walk so far.

However, Delhi — despite facing pressure from the West to condemn Moscow’s actions — has continued to buy oil at discounted prices, something for which the Russian leadership has expressed its appreciation. Besides, India’s dependence on Russia for its defence supplies is about 60 to 70 per cent of its supplies, and that has faced some challenges in the wake of the conflict.

And you make it sound like it’s a good thing. Shows your anti Russian bias.
It’s not a good thing. India needs to maintain its relationship with the largest nuclear power in the world that supplies nearly all of India’s nuclear needs and fossil fuel at the moment. Modi should go there no matter what.

Master Chief

Country flag
I made this just for you regarding losses. Russia Future Land Force Future Capabilities | Indian Defence Forum (defenceforumindia.com) to help people with delusions.
Would help in maneuver warfare.. but in static battles, in an AD rich environment, if the enemy is in well fortified positions, Artillery and mlrs historically been very inefficient in killing well entrenched soldiers.. They are inaccurate and Tons of shells are expended to kill a dozen well entrenched soldiers. Apart from precision rounds, only soldiers caught out in the open or in exposed positions in trenches are killed.
What Artillery achieves is shell shock and disorientation. That is why it is closely followed by infantry assaults.. But, head on infantry assaults by Wagner have resulted in very high casualties for Wagner, and achieved minimal results in Bakhmut.. That is why they have started putting pressure on villages south of Bakhmut, and Wagner is having better success there..

blackjack

Country flag
Would help in maneuver warfare.. but in static battles, in an AD rich environment, if the enemy is in well fortified positions, Artillery and mlrs historically been very inefficient in killing well entrenched soldiers.. They are inaccurate and Tons of shells are expended to kill a dozen well entrenched soldiers. Apart from precision rounds, only soldiers caught out in the open or in exposed positions in trenches are killed.
What Artillery achieves is shell shock and disorientation. That is why it is closely followed by infantry assaults.. But, head on infantry assaults by Wagner have resulted in very high casualties for Wagner, and achieved minimal results in Bakhmut.. That is why they have started putting pressure on villages south of Bakhmut, and Wagner is having better success there..
What is your definition of high casualties it sounds like you are coping if you cant give any ratios that are favorable to Ukraine. Based on how long I have been on this thread it's like once in a blue moon we get Ukrainians taking out columns of russian military troops or in vehicles but every day on average instead we get columns of Ukrainians troops and equipment getting decimated which sort of backs up the claims that ukraine really is sending a few hundred other reports say 500 troops a day to just Bakhmut. Since I have a beautiful weekend off i would more than likely continue now making articles at the knowledge repository but this time saving my content on a notepad because the edit functions on this forum screwed me over twice that I couldnt continue my saved drafts. If Bakhmut is fully secured it will lead to many advances in Ukraine which is why Ukrainians are desperate trying to have full control of it. Ukraine's western colleagues are calling it out as a bad idea in losing manpower but what other choice do they have?

Blademaster

So big fucking deal. Russia is entitled to deal with her allies. US is trying to make it sound as it was a bad thing. Russia should openly declare that it is providing weapons and material to Iran and if the US don’t like it then tough shit as they are providing materials to an enemy that is actively killing Russians. Geez WTF do the Americans expect from Russians? Of course Russia is going to aid Iran because it means spiting the enemy that provides the means to kill Russians to another enemy.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles