Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

ww2historian

Country flag
Wesley Clark is so pro Ukrainian, that he usually bullshits and says Ukraine can win. However what he has to say about Bakhmut is interesting because he's positive defending Bahkmut is a stupid decision by Zelensky. In this article they mention hundreds of dead Ukrainians. What they didn't mention is that those hundreds of dead are happening every day in Bakhmut. Now Varzone, why don't you counter punch this by showing one Russian tank being towed.
"
"The most brutal: Operation is called the Bakhmut meat grinder; Wesley Clark knows why
Far from the battle for Kherson, one place is increasingly beginning to attract the attention of military experts, former generals and military analysts.

Ukrainian sources on the ground say that Bakhmut is generally well fortified. But in recent days, the defense has "started to loosen", writes the site Bulgarianmilitary.com.

Allegedly, there are also hundreds of dead Ukrainian soldiers.

Bakhmut is a key city for the counter-offensive of the Ukrainian armed forces. Russia realizes this and has certain tactical and strategic goals to try to turn the tide in favor of the Russian armed forces. Western military experts claim that Bakhmut could become "the determining factor of the entire special military operation" of the Russian Federation.

According to the former Supreme Commander of NATO forces in Europe, General Wesley Clark, Russia is setting a "fire trap" for Ukrainian forces in the area.

If Ukraine's armed forces suffer "significant losses," it will give Russian President Vladimir Putin leverage to force Kyiv into a temporary ceasefire or even a ceasefire, Clark said.

Ukrainian forces are largely positioned in and around the city, including the mud-soaked trenches that separate the shattered parts of the country hit by relentless shelling.

As Russia has moved new formations into the area in recent weeks, including reinforcements previously in the Kherson region, fighting in the Bakhmut sector has turned into trench warfare reminiscent of the First and Second World Wars.

The focus of much of the recent fighting, however, is that Bakhmut has been all but destroyed and abandoned, with both sides sending in reinforcements for a battle that has continued relentlessly since the summer as Moscow tries to secure victory after a series of battlefield setbacks and retreats.
However, Russia's goal may not only be to capture the city. Yevgeny Prigozhin, the founder of the infamous Wagner mercenary group taking part in the war, said his forces are mainly focusing their efforts on destroying the Ukrainian army, writes AFP.

He also said that this operation was called "Bakhmut's meat grinder".

RocketMan

Country flag

Blademaster

Ukraine needs someone like him !

View attachment 185426
The likes of him would have told the West to STFU and remain firmly allied to Russia and continue to trade with EU.

After this war, Ukraine is even worse off and will take at least 2 decades to recover. This is a disaster of gigantic proportions. Ukraine has become such a money pit. No new industry or factories are created but being destroyed. And the West are tired already of aiding Ukraine. Heck even the people of Ukraine wants to leave Ukraine and migrate to other western countries and seek a better life.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. I'll say it again, it means nothing, zero. What does mean something is Zelensky throwing thousands of troops into the Bakhmut meatgrinder, but that means nothing to you. Keep focusing on the meaningless crap, and ignore the major things, that's what you do best.
I never denied they are getting killed in Bakhmut. Doesn't mean I will ignore everything else like you and scream Bakhmut since 3 weeks

Master Chief

Country flag
These bombers have a range of 7k km with a full payload. So far their round trip is under 1500 km, so it means nothing to move these bombers back 2k km, but they might probably only move them back a thousand km at most.
I don't think all those 60 year old bear bombers are in top shape to fly with a full load when on a full tank. Pictures of the bomber bases before the attack show mid air refueled.. So, the refueling tankers are part of Russian bombing strategy.. Also, Russians needs more than a week preparation for bombing and post bombing run maintenance.. Moving the bomber base to say far east or Siberia.. will cause require the logistics network to move as well.. It's not a big problem.. but, it does impact the Russians' bombing schedule in the short run

Ylside

Country flag
Yevgeny Prigozhin, the founder of the infamous Wagner mercenary group taking part in the war, said his forces are mainly focusing their efforts on destroying the Ukrainian army, writes AFP.

He also said that this operation was called "Bakhmut's meat grinder".
Well, would you say something else if in his position? Wagnerites have been storming the city since July with horrendous losses and very modest territorial gains, he has to come up with some excuse. And since it cannot be denied that Russians didnt conquer Bakhmut, he has to insist that they didnt even try.

blackjack

Country flag
Well, would you say something else if in his position? Wagnerites have been storming the city since July with horrendous losses and very modest territorial gains, he has to come up with some excuse. And since it cannot be denied that Russians didnt conquer Bakhmut, he has to insist that they didnt even try.
guess masterchief, dark sorrow and varzone like stupid polaks as well:nono:. The only horrendous losses we keep seeing here is Ukrainians driving through mines, drone and ATGM strikes on their vehicles, post pictures and footages of themselves with bandages of being near death. Keep sending a few hundred ukrops there every day.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
You are so wrong about the Russians. They have provided world class weapons to Indians at affordable prices. We are the 4th largest and powerful air force thanks to Russian weaponry.
What world class weapons? Do you mean junk like Vikramadatya, T-90, Mig-29K, etc. Or a system like S-400 that is full of backdoor? As for IAF we are not strong because of Russian weaponry but because of Indian and Western systems.
We prefer Rafale over Russian systems. For MRFA we prefer western systems.
Even on Russian aircraft we replace every piece of electronics, avionics and subsystem with Indian and western system. This should give you idea how competent Russian weaponry is.
One has to be delusional to say IAF powerful thanks to Russian weaponry.
No it is the western MIC that is the biggest threat to Indian MIC. Indian MIC has been sabotaged by western interests time and time again.
Time and again it was import lobby working on behest of Russians that sabotaged Indian products e.g. Arjun MBT, hit-jobs against QRSAM, Russians trying to derail FMBT and FICV program, etc. It was all Russian,
How? The conflict only lasted for a few days and PRC ordered those weapons long before the conflict started. And Russia made sure that India got the latest version of the weapons something that they did not provide to China. If you want to talk about double dealing, why don't you talk about the US giving F-16s, a nuclear delivery capable platform.
Russians also sell stuff to Pakistan.
Only stuff that will not hurt India.
That is pure BS and next level cope for personal gratification. Look at Russia-PRC trade and Russia-India trade, Russia's tension will be clear.
Russia is playing both sides and making money at both expense.
Remember Russians have sold S-400 to PRC too and much before they offered to India.
Russia has given full ToT and reverse engineering rights to PRC while HAL has to go Russia to certify changes in MKI and imports blades for manufacturing AL-31.
During Galwan Russia supplied weapons systems to both PRC and India.
Bullshit. They respect us very much.
What you choose to believe is up-to you. I do support your freedom of thought.
But your believes won't change the reality that Russians are bussnessmen and not our allies. Russians only want our money.
GoI has realized that Russians don't respect us and only want to make money on our expense.
India's relation with Russians has become transactional in nature.
So do the French and even the English. But you don't see us spitting in their faces do you like you want us to spit in the face of Russians at the behest of US?
Geopolitics is not binary. I have been telling you the same thing from start of this war. Being friendly to US doesn't mean spitting on Russian face.
To suit your POV you are twisting the world view.
Yeah as long as you toe the US line or become a US whore.
Answer me this question : Are you classified as US whore. At the end of day you toe to the US line.
Good but that doesn't mean sacrificing long standing relationships.
That is the point we don't have pick fight with Russia to be with US. At the end of fact remains India interest are better served allying with US.
Good for the Russians. They have a very long border with China and it is in their interests to remain on good footing with China. That's what I would do if I was Russia and we Indians cannot begrudge them for wanting to secure their borders and national interests first. But at no time during their dealings with China, did they contemplate on backstabbing us or betraying us.
They did sell all their weapons systems to PRC and even gave them a better deal.
I will not be shocked if Russians gave backdoor access to PRC in Indian S-400.
Remember Vikramdayta Saga or T-90 saga or when Russians sold aircraft to PRC or engine to Paksiatn etc.
Russians have never hesitated from backstabbing us or betraying us when it suits them.
No it is not but the US does not want us to have any independent thoughts. They just want us to blindly follow them and do what they say not do what they do. You are so blind to the US's intentions & character because all you see is US dollar signs being waved in your face like a cheap prostitute.
US never said that. This is all imaginary BS cooked in your mind.
What about your prostitution you do living in US? I never see any entitled Americans wanting to come back and settle in India. What are you contributing in India's development?
Better question why should Indians listen to NRI settled in American on how bad America is. On one hand the peole live in US but soon as they some anonymity they want India to not engage with US. Isn't this hypocrisy. We Indians have a responsibility towards our country and fellow Indians to have prosperous and comfortable life. We have responsibility towards our country to make it technologically advanced and self-sufficient. This is a hard reality of life.
IT IS NOT A MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL ALLIANCE!!! The only alliance that US will allow is that you give up your national security interests and cater to US interests firstmost. That is not mutually beneficial.
This is all imaginary BS cooked in your mind. Indian GOI is more than capable to have a balance relationship.
Now you are resorting ad hominem attacks. I will not apologize for being in the US. You have no right to silence me on that.
You don't apologize for being in the US but you should not virtue signal India for allying with US even if it means abandoning Russia. We Indians will do what is in our best Interest and currently it is allying with US.
Yes we have those but that doesn't mean we have to give up our autonomy and our long standing relationships for the promise of few cheap dollars and freebies. Those problems will not be solved that way. Those problems will be solved when we stand up and take charge for ourselves and do what's in the best interests of our nation and take collective responsibility and rely on ourselves. That includes honoring long lasting relationships with countries that have come through for us before.
You are welcome to have your believes but the fact is Russia is a dying power. It treats India as cash cow and all our dealings are transaction in nature.
GOI has realized this and hence moved towards US.
There is no false pride or false ego here. It is called having moral conviction and belief in oneself and his strengths. You have the habit of thinking that India is weak and therefore needs to align with US out of weakness.

I contest that and say you are wrong.
Only people with full bellies and comfortable life talk about moral conviction and belief.
In India we have priority in reducing unemployment, improving education and health care. In short India and Indians have responsibility towards fellow Indians living in India and not to moral conviction of NRIs.

Last edited:

ww2historian

Country flag
What's wrong with going slow to avoid high casualties? It's total bullshit that the Wangers have suffered high losses. If I were you, the thing I would be most worried about is how incredibly patient the Russia's are and will continue to be. Bakhmut will fall. I don't know when, but I do know it's inevitable, and not only that it will also come at a much higher price to Ukraine than Russia. Slow and steady wins the race.

ww2historian

Country flag
I never denied they are getting killed in Bakhmut. Doesn't mean I will ignore everything else like you and scream Bakhmut since 3 weeks
Zelensky has so far kept his word about Sevrondonest and Lynsychansk being the last cities that will be taken by the Russians. Unfortunately that promise was not only stupid, but impossible to keep, and is getting thousands of soldiers killed for no reason. Zelensky also promised when he ran for president to end the war, but that idiot broke the wrong promise. That's what idiots do best.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles