Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Lmao. You can accuse me of being ignorant of Ukraine's history, but here you are wrong and by a mile.

Yes, Cuban missile crisis began of russian troops and nukes being on cuba - and those troops and missiles were the exact reason why it didnt turn into a war.

Even with nukes, the US went for military blockade (keep in mind full blockade has been a standard for automatic declaration of war). During discussions, only reason Kennedy refused to authorise invasion was nuclear retaliation, either through war with soviets or using cuban nukes. If, however, kennedy had gotten news earlier that this was just about to happen, no doubt he would have done everything possible, including invasion, to prevent it. He couldnt, because he only got to know after nukes were there.

In this case, Ukraine declared it would join NATO, and refused to promise it wouldnt host american nukes on its soil - just like Cuban Missile Crisis . Except here, Russia got to know before the nukes were in Ukraine, and took all measures (including threats, intimidation and eventually invasion) to prevent it. Exactly what the US had planned in such a scenario.

Only reason this became a war in the first place is because Zelensky was too overconfident the Russians were bluffing and refused to negotiate, after being goaded by the west to fight - And Russians were too frustrated to deal with his shenanigans and overestimated their own strength, and underestimated western support to Ukraine.
Russia also learned that we have bio-laboratories that grow Slavic killer birds.:pound:
Regarding the "Cuban Crisis" - that's why I don't like historical examples. Every society has its own interpretation of history.
I have already said that the West does not consider Russia equal to itself. Now is the era of the housekeeper where India, Brazil or China have more political weight than Russia.

vishnugupt

Country flag
I have a question. Why should the West hate Russia? What is there in Russia that others do not have? At the household level, this is an alcoholic neighbor who has a gun. Why should I hate my neighbor if he only drinks in his apartment? But if he yells songs on the landing and urinates in the lift elevator, he deserves punishment.
In order to make Europe 51st state of United States of America, this is necessary to hate Russia.

American know Europe is a Christian middle East and easy to manipulate their masses.

Actually Russia was drinking at home silently but you had been drinking and urinating on Russia since your so called independence.

Blademaster

Russia also learned that we have bio-laboratories that grow Slavic killer birds.:pound:
Regarding the "Cuban Crisis" - that's why I don't like historical examples. Every society has its own interpretation of history.
I have already said that the West does not consider Russia equal to itself. Now is the era of the housekeeper where India, Brazil or China have more political weight than Russia.
Sorry being the 2nd most producer of the world most valuable commodity, oil and largest producer of fertilizer which has the most impact on food production and prices makes you a heavy political player and weight. Not to mention its thousands of nukes, etc. Brazil does not have more political weight than Russia. That alone tells me of your wishful thinking about Russia.

asaffronladoftherisingsun

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
Nobody is a saint, it is a fight for survival which Russia must win. Thus a multi polar order will be established, if not all our a$$ will be roasted and colonialism 2.0 shall return. Ukraine neo nazis gave Russians a good casus belli when they burned people alive in Odessa. (Remember Godhra train we all know what ensued)

It is cynical war of sphere of influence which west instigated and Russia took the bait. with regards to 6.5ft analogy, i'm sure Iraqis,Libyans,Afghans, Vietnamese,Koreans all did get not a fair fight.
In Our interest russia needs to win.

ww2historian

Country flag
I have a question. Why should the West hate Russia? What is there in Russia that others do not have? At the household level, this is an alcoholic neighbor who has a gun. Why should I hate my neighbor if he only drinks in his apartment? But if he yells songs on the landing and urinates in the lift elevator, he deserves punishment.
Why should the west hate Russia? Who cares why, they just do. I don't know if you saw this, but here's the video of a Norwegian diplomat (a diplomat IMO should be a very calm, intelligent person, not a hateful, belligerent bitch like this lady) saying to 2 very nice calm young Russians, "I hate Russians"

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Is that why the British Prime Minister is Indian?
I'm tired of the racial theories of offended people. All the best. Ignore.
P.S. All who will make a virgin out of themselves will go there too.
P.P.S. For me, there are no racial or religious scripts.: You are either human or shit.
British PM is British not Indian but of Indian ethnicity.

He is the most fit guy they have for the post.

Infact his wife has to pay millions of dollar to save his political career despite his spotless and commendable resume for the job.

ww2historian

Country flag
Keep in mind Germany's Scholz called Putin.
"Russian precision attacks against Ukrainian infrastructure are a necessary response to Ukrainian sabotage on Russian soil, including the bombing of the Crimean Bridge, President Vladimir Putin has told German Chancellor Olaf Scholz.

The two leaders spoke by phone on Friday at Berlin’s request, according to a statement released by the Kremlin. Putin explained the logic behind Russia’s military operation against Ukraine and stated that the Western policy of arming and training Ukrainian troops was “destructive,” according to the readout.

“It was noted that the Russian Armed Forces had been refraining from conducting precision missile strikes on certain targets in the Ukrainian territory for a long time, but now such measures have become necessary and unavoidable as a reaction to Kiev’s provocative attacks on Russian civilian infrastructure, including the Crimean Bridge and energy facilities,” the Kremlin said.

The “terrorist attack” against the Nord Stream undersea pipelines “stands in the same category” and requires a transparent investigation that would include Russia, Putin told the German leader.

Scholz’s office said the conversation lasted for about an hour and that the “chancellor condemned the Russian airstrikes against civilian infrastructure in Ukraine and stressed Germany’s determination to support” Kiev."
Russia changed its military tactics in Ukraine days after a powerful bomb damaged the Crimean Bridge in early October. Russian investigators accused Ukrainian military intelligence of masterminding the attack, which killed three people, including the driver of the truck that carried the disguised bomb.

In retaliation, Russian forces began targeting Ukrainian energy facilities, which the Defense Ministry believes to be instrumental for Kiev’s military logistics. The damage forced Ukrainian authorities to introduce rolling blackouts. The Ukrainian government and its Western backers accused Moscow of using terrorist tactics.

The blasts that damaged the two undersea Nord Stream pipelines happened in late September, severing links that would have enabled Germany to receive natural gas directly from Russia.

Moscow said the obvious beneficiary of the sabotage was the US, which had long sought to force Berlin to reduce its energy trade with Russia and replace Russian fuel with more expensive liquified natural gas produced by American companies."

Last edited:

ww2historian

Country flag
Another interesting story. It seems that the west is really out of weapons to send to Ukraine. "In October, Business Insider also reported that the German military only had ammunition for one or two days of fighting, citing defense industry and parliamentary sources. While the problem has existed for years, the outlet said it was exacerbated when Germany began providing weapons to Ukraine, the outlet claimed."

ww2historian

Country flag
Another interesting story. It seems that the west is really out of weapons to send to Ukraine. "In October, Business Insider also reported that the German military only had ammunition for one or two days of fighting, citing defense industry and parliamentary sources. While the problem has existed for years, the outlet said it was exacerbated when Germany began providing weapons to Ukraine, the outlet claimed."
Here's a western source that confirms this. From the Financial times.

" Nearly 10 months into Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine, the allies that have backed Kyiv’s war effort are increasingly concerned by the struggle to increase ammunition production as the conflict chews through their stockpiles. At stake is not only the west’s ability to continue supplying Ukraine with the weapons it needs but also allies’ capacity to show adversaries such as China that they have an industrial base that can produce sufficient weaponry to mount a credible defence against possible attack. “Ukraine has focused us . . . on what really matters,” William LaPlante, the Pentagon’s chief weapons buyer, told a recent conference at George Mason University. “What matters is production. Production really matters.” After sending more than $40bn of military support to Ukraine, mostly from existing stocks, Nato members’ defense ministries are discovering that dormant weapons production lines cannot be switched on overnight. Increasing capacity requires investment which, in turn, depends on securing long-term production contracts. The US has sent about a third of its stock of Javelin anti-tank missiles to Ukraine and a third of its stockpile of anti-aircraft Stinger missiles. But it has little prospect of being able to replace these quickly. “There’s no question that . . . [supplying Ukraine] has put pressure on our defense industrial base,” Colin Kahl, US under-secretary of defence for policy, said last month."

another_armchair

Country flag
Nah lol super easy. Just need a good battlefield management system. Have an IFF system on own vehicles, or track location and keep the drone updated in real time.
Updated in real time?

Wouldn't that require a datalink which would leave it prone to jamming?

Agree tactical datalinks are quite difficult to jam.

OP spoke of a launch and forget independent loitering munition. Data link to a remote controller make the AI identification somewhat redundant.

Master Chief

Country flag
Forget Jewkraniqn army, even the January 6th rioters would absolutely curbstomp the Russian “army”.
Come on man.. Cheer up.. Russia just withdrew from Kherson.. It's not like Indian Army lost a war to Pakistan..:facepalm:

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Updated in real time?

Wouldn't that require a datalink which would leave it prone to jamming?

Agree tactical datalinks are quite difficult to jam.

OP spoke of a launch and forget independent loitering munition. Data link to a remote controller make the AI identification somewhat redundant.
Ah yes, I was talking about drones IDing targets in general. If you want to use AI identification IG you could use things like designating "enemy zones", "friendly zones" and "contested areas", and set drone to hit targets well inside enemy lines.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles