Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Soldier355

Country flag
For an unknown reason, but one of the 2S7 "Pion" self-propelled guns of the Ukrainian army exploded when fired. It is not known what caused the explosion of the 2S7 Pion self-propelled guns, perhaps a defect in the projectile or depreciation of the equipment.

One of the officers of the special forces detachment of the militia "Storm" with the call sign "Batya Kharkiv", spoke about the tactics of the Ukrainian army and the defensive structures in the Avdeevka direction. (Video subtitles)

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Have you ever worked R&D ? R&D cost is usually 50-70% wage cost of high skilled workers. Even material cost of making a hunk of steel, has about 30-40% wage cost of the human worker.

This is why R&D and everything costs less in India than USA but costs more in Norway than in USA - cost of labour. and this is where the 10-20 times cost saving is. - because while you must pay Wernher von Braun 250,000 dollars, you pay Homi Bhaba 5,000 dollars.
I lead the R&D department, while wage cost of high skilled workers is high it is not the highest cost.
The budgeting varies with type of project being executed and the organization executing the project but for an high technology hardware projects the costing is as follows (descending order)
  1. Infrastructure and NRE cost (when developing new product)
  2. Software and Tooling cost
  3. Material Cost (for POC, prototyping, testing, Validation) be hardware, software, licenses, patents, etc.
  4. External services
  5. Wage cost of high skilled workers
Last 2 points are interchangeable depending on situation

If wage cost of high skilled workers was such an issue western companies would have transferred R&D activity to countries like India and PRC but they haven't. They have only transferred mass manufacturing as it is where material cost, labor cost and environmental cost needs to be saved.

We are talking about continuous manufacturing activity and not R&D. Most of the R&D cost has been recuperated by the Russians. Its now just mass manufacturing on an automated system. In such case material cost is the highest and Russians are under-reporting it as most material is extracted and processed by state owned enterprises or oligarchs.

Last edited:

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Russian Southern Command leadership moved to Melitopol from Kherson.

Possibly after HIMARS strike on Wagner Popasnaya base yesterday and destruction / damage to 2 bridges across the Ingulets River.

Meanwhile Russia has reinforced the troops in the Kherson front to 25,000.

Russians have been reinforcing the Kherson front with concrete defences and pillboxes for a very long time.

ww2historian

Country flag
They have vast stockpiles of both. Manpower and not artillery is what ails the Russians.
On the military summary channel he talked about once the referendum is passed in September, Russia will have a legal right to move a lot conscripted soldiers to southern Ukraine. He starts talking about this at the 13:30 minute mark. We will have to wait and see if this happens.

ww2historian

Country flag
I think it's time to post something funny. This clown has the same IQ as alexey arestovich.
Russia 'Humiliated' by Ukraine, U.S. HIMARS Around Kherson: U.K. Author
Mensch, a former Conservative member of Britain's parliament, described it as "the greatest tactical success in modern military history." So, I guess now the Kherson counter offensive is on again? The attack has to follow the "greatest tactical success in modern military history, otherwise it will go down in history as only damaging a bridge.

The Shrike

Country flag
maam(if I am right), my bad, though matter stands at same, shells without propellent are same like sitting duck, vice a vice.. though thanks for pointing me out. :yo:
There is also gun barrels (amongst many other spares), they typically last 1000-3000 full charge firings. The Russians would either have to have a huge stockpile of barrels or they'd have be cracking out like a dozen barrels every day which is a difficult ask.

The Shrike

Country flag
Russian Southern Command leadership moved to Melitopol from Kherson.

Possibly after HIMARS strike on Wagner Popasnaya base yesterday and destruction / damage to 2 bridges across the Ingulets River.

Meanwhile Russia has reinforced the troops in the Kherson front to 25,000.

Russians have been reinforcing the Kherson front with concrete defences and pillboxes for a very long time.
Did any Russian sources actually confirm that their command had moved from Kheson/any actual OSINT? Sounded like Ukrainian propagandu to me.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
Have you ever worked R&D ? R&D cost is usually 50-70% wage cost of high skilled workers. Even material cost of making a hunk of steel, has about 30-40% wage cost of the human worker.

This is why R&D and everything costs less in India than USA but costs more in Norway than in USA - cost of labour. and this is where the 10-20 times cost saving is. - because while you must pay Wernher von Braun 250,000 dollars, you pay Homi Bhaba 5,000 dollars.
Only you can have the audacity to lecture others about their own field of expertise, not once but continuously and always being wrong. Stick to what you know or at least be open-minded.

How do you always have the weirdest and most banal takes on everything? Anyone can google and have a better understanding than what you have. I don't usual comment on someone's profession but what do you do exactly IRL?
From your comments, you sound more like a shop keeper.

ww2historian

Country flag
"The lack of citizens in the locality allowed #UkrainianArmy to concentrate big number of troops supported with artillery to slow any advance of pro-Russian forces. However, this lack of civilians has also been an
advantage to the attacker side, which have not hesitated to use a large number of artillery munitions to destroy the Ukrainian defenses built over eight years in the locality."
This is a perfect example showing what Russia has been doing when the Ukrainians are using civilians as shields and what happens when they don't. When there are no civilians the Ukrainians a slaughtered. This also fits in with a previous post of mine quoting Colonel Markus Reisner.
“The Ukrainian army has learned from its mistakes since the annexation of Crimea,” says Markus Reisner, colonel in the Austrian Armed Forces and head of the development department at the Military Academy in Wiener Neustadt. Back then, the Russian army was inflicting massive casualties on Ukraine “just by being able to shell them with their artillery in the open.” This time it’s different.

The army command in Kyiv deliberately shifted the fighting to urban areas in order to be able to entrench themselves better. “Only in this way was the Ukrainian army able to survive,” Reisner emphasizes the importance of this tactical decision. Linking military necessity with the applicable international legal situation, the outrage at the Amnesty report becomes understandable.

For the Kremlin, on the other hand, the report is a welcome gift, says Markus Reisner. “Such reports are of course used for propaganda purposes and in the struggle for information sovereignty in this war,” he is certain.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
Only you can have the audacity to lecture others about their own field of expertise, not once but continuously and always being wrong. Stick to what you know or at least be open-minded.
I have worked R&D for 7 years in the past, vatz.

How do you always have the weirdest and most banal takes on everything? Anyone can google and have a better understanding than what you have. I don't usual comment on someone's profession but what do you do exactly IRL?
From your comments, you sound more like a shop keeper.
Is that why you are yet to answer my point on how Russians are BETTER than NATO and the west when it comes to moral conduct in war ?

I am a mathematician turned researcher turned teacher, turned programmer, who is now working on his own startup.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles