Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Akim

Professional
Country flag
See buddy, before you post such images of shot down/crashed planes and Claim it to be this and that, please google the photos of whatever plane you are claiming the wreckage of and try and identify it correctly.
-:-

I am a very vivid fan of aviation but when it comes to identification of Different Weopons be them land based, sea based or air based, then I am mostly good at it.
-:-

In this war between Ukraine and Russia, Russia is the aggressor and Ukraine is "defender". The best strategy that Ukraine should apply to counter Russia is "Deploy" Defensive assets against "offensive" ones. Ukraine should strengthen its air defense systems and focus more on that, along with ADSs, Ukraine should focus also in more tanks, Artillery etc.

Recently I heard news in media that USA is providing Ukraine with HARM missiles.

Good luck.
There is such. But even without that, air defense is intense. This is official information, but not official - we already have additional Hawk batteries (similar to S-125) and Rapier batteries around the cities. In addition, AA-class missiles for the MiG-23 and MiG-25 were converted into anti-aircraft ones.
The Russians are also redesigning their missiles. Only for shock ones. From the S-300 complex. They are constantly shelling Kharkiv and Mykolaiv.

These are models of missiles of the Typhoon series for MLRS: 122 mm, 200 mm and 400 mm. There was also the Typhoon-3 project - 300 mm, but the competing design bureau created the "Vilkha".
I have a version that the Russian base in the Crimea was fired from Typhoon-4.
3305625_900.jpg

1660133169350.jpeg

Last edited:

ww2historian

Country flag
Putin doesn't need to make EU agree to his terms. He just needs to outlast EU. Good luck with Germany using diesel. Germany has been down this path and it did not end well. In any case, Russia economy only needs a year or two to reconfigure its supply chains to Russian manufacturers and other countries. After that, Russia does not give a fuck about EU or US and will be free to pursue its own interests accordingly.

You are seeing the Great Uncoupling of Russia from Europe and due to its vast natural resources, Russia will fare better than EU.
I agree, Russia and it's people are doing fine. They have all the essentials and more. They are very well educated about the horrors of German siege of Leningrad and the millions of women and children that died of starvation. If they can survive that they can survive without toxic food from McDonalds or the latest smart phone from apple. Americans are the pussies, the people here that are a 100 pounds overweight complain when there food order is 5 minutes late.

ww2historian

Country flag
Why? Russia said it was fire safety violation.
How is Ukraine responsible for Russia to take revenge?

Just like Moskva no? Nobody died and nothing of value was lost.

:hehe:
The best thing for Russia in the long run is the west escalating this war. It's probably what Putin wanted and the west fell for it. He can now justify taking most of Ukraine. It is a very complex problem in the long run. However once he does take Odessa and link up with Transnistria (which I'm now a 100% sure is essential) Ukraine economically is done, and the west will cut their losses. It will be costly for Russia in terms of lives lost, but the Russian people will back him now more than ever.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
There is such. But even without that, air defense is intense. This is official information, but not official - we already have additional Hawk batteries (similar to S-125) and Rapier batteries around the cities.
If you have the free time to do so then please try and make a list of all the different ADS which Ukraine has in it's inventory. Also post information about which missiles are being used from these ADS systems. I am not asking for data about the range, maximum flight ceiling etc, I am only asking about which ADSs you use and which missiles you are using from them.

In addition, AA-class missiles for the MiG-23 and MiG-25 were converted into anti-aircraft ones.
MiG-25s back in the days of USSR had the ability of firing R-40s and R-60s. The MiG-23s had the ability to fire missiles like R-60/R-73/R-23/Kh-23s. Don't know how effective these will be in surface to air role but good luck with that.
The Russians are also redesigning their missiles. Only for shock ones. From the S-300 complex. They are constantly shelling Kharkiv and Mykolaiv.
Yes I have heard about this. A while back I had heard that the Russians were trying to use the S-300 ADS in surface to surface role. I don't know how they performed but that is none of my concern.

This is not the first time that Air-to-Air missiles have been modified to be used as SAM systems. In Yemen, Houthi Rebels converted stocks of air to air missiles like R-27 to be used in surface to air role. Houthis managed to shoot down an F-15 using them. They have shot down other aircrafts as well.

I think so that the F-15 kill is still debated. Whatever it is, Soviets and Russians make world-class air defense systems and missiles.

ww2historian

Country flag
This is an interesting and important development. Turkey is probably the most important NATO member because they control access to the black sea. I guess this is a great example of a country looking out for it's own best interest, not what's best for the rest of Europe or America. I think Putin understands this perfectly, and uses it to his own advantage, instead of taking it personally like the west does. Putin just keeps out foxing the west. He's ruthless, but I do admire his intelligence.

ww2historian

Country flag
The best thing for Russia in the long run is the west escalating this war. It's probably what Putin wanted and the west fell for it. He can now justify taking most of Ukraine. It is a very complex problem in the long run. However once he does take Odessa and link up with Transnistria (which I'm now a 100% sure is essential) Ukraine economically is done, and the west will cut their losses. It will be costly for Russia in terms of lives lost, but the Russian people will back him now more than ever.
Well Varzone, we will just have to sit back and wait. It looks like in a few weeks the Russians will have the perfect amount of BTGs to go on a major offensive (about 1 every 3 to 4 km) right now they have 1 BTG for every 5 km in the Kherson region. This is the reason Ukraine called off the Kherson counter offensive, Russia could defend very well with only 1 BTG per 15 km. Even these imbeciles know that.

ww2historian

Country flag
My favorite idiot has spoken again. I always had serous doubts about this offensive. I struggled with the idea of knowing the Ukrainians are stupid, but could they possibly be this frigging stupid? I know not to underestimate Ukrainians stupidity, but I think the west told them an attack on Kherson would be suicide, and ordered them not to attack. Now Ukraine is spinning the story, big surprise.
"We shall remind you that Oleksiy Arestovych earlier said on several occasions that the Ukrainian armed forces would soon launch a counteroffensive in the south of Ukraine. On 3 August, he said that within a week serious battles would start near Kherson, which should “determine the outcome of combat operations in Ukraine”. As of 9 August, no offensive had been launched.

The situation with Podolyak’s statement and the false offensive in Kherson was commented on by Alexander Neverov, director of the independent Institute for Psychological and Economic Research, who said that this statement, like all other statements by representatives of the Zelensky regime, is just part of information and psychological operations against Russian society.

“Any statements made by Kiev while Zelensky is there should be seen only and exclusively as carrying out a cognitive and information influence on the international community, Russians, etc. This was understandable as it was, but now there is an official statement from the regime itself,” he wrote on Telegram." https://en.news-front.info/2022/08/09/kiev-confesses-to-lies-around-claims-of-attack-on-kherson/

Akim

Professional
Country flag
If you have the free time to do so then please try and make a list of all the different ADS which Ukraine has in it's inventory. Also post information about which missiles are being used from these ADS systems. I am not asking for data about the range, maximum flight ceiling etc, I am only asking about which ADSs you use and which missiles you are using from them.

MiG-25s back in the days of USSR had the ability of firing R-40s and R-60s. The MiG-23s had the ability to fire missiles like R-60/R-73/R-23/Kh-23s. Don't know how effective these will be in surface to air role but good luck with that.

Yes I have heard about this. A while back I had heard that the Russians were trying to use the S-300 ADS in surface to surface role. I don't know how they performed but that is none of my concern.

This is not the first time that Air-to-Air missiles have been modified to be used as SAM systems. In Yemen, Houthi Rebels converted stocks of air to air missiles like R-27 to be used in surface to air role. Houthis managed to shoot down an F-15 using them. They have shot down other aircrafts as well.

I think so that the F-15 kill is still debated. Whatever it is, Soviets and Russians make world-class air defense systems and missiles.
I can't make a list. Not only because we have martial law. But also because it is "the level of rumors". These are grains that I pull out of the mass of information. For example: Recently, in an interview, a civilian volunteer said that foreign air defense systems for three missiles were brought past him. There is a high probability that this is Hawk, because. they are decommissioned and can be quickly transferred to Ukraine.
Or in another interview, the engineer threw the phrase that they are making the transferred American radars work with old Soviet AA class missiles.
Engineering thought works if the AGM-88 is launched from Soviet fighters.
The indirect result is important. Russian missiles are increasingly being shot down.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
Well Varzone, we will just have to sit back and wait. It looks like in a few weeks the Russians will have the perfect amount of BTGs to go on a major offensive (about 1 every 3 to 4 km) right now they have 1 BTG for every 5 km in the Kherson region. This is the reason Ukraine called off the Kherson counter offensive, Russia could defend very well with only 1 BTG per 15 km. Even these imbeciles know that.

It's a fient apparently. Ukranians are disappointing after declaring they will go on offensive in August....it has been postponed to take place somewhere in the near future and be completed by spring of 2022. (This for the time being only means Kherson)
Fighting in the winter? Doesn't look promising but just continuation of the meat grinder for both sides until either side gets serious about it.

ww2historian

Country flag
It's a fient apparently. Ukranians are disappointing after declaring they will go on offensive in August....it has been postponed to take place somewhere in the near future and be completed by spring of 2022. (This for the time being only means Kherson)
Fighting in the winter? Doesn't look promising but just continuation of the meat grinder for both sides until either side gets serious about it.

Ukrainians are disappointing? This was one of the smartest decisions they made, and that pains me to say that.

ww2historian

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles