Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
I understand that there are a lot of "smart bast shoes" who hate the West and they don't care about Putler's cannibalism. But Russia is not India - it does not have an unlimited human resource.
If you think that he pities us - Mariupol as example. He is only stopped by the fact that he is not able to destroy other cities.
Crimea 2022
Le me after looking at this photo be like :

:eek1::eek1::eek1::eek1::eek1:

Super Flanker

Country flag
Another Su-25
That is no "SU-25". That is the wreckage of an SU-35 which was shot down by Ukraine few months back. At this point, you will probably just post different photos of the shot down SU-35 and claim that "we shot down these many SU-35s, everyone hail! Slava Ukrain!"

By the way, the aircraft in the picture is carrying jammer pods. The SU-25 as far as I know, cannot carry a jammer pod on its wing tip pylon. The SU-30/SU-34/SU-35 can on the other hand. In the wreakage of the SU-35, that "pod" that you see is a "Khibiny" EW pod.

For reference.
300px-Sukhoi_Su-34_(09_RED).jpg

"Su-34 with ECM modules "Khibiny" on the wing tips."

Master Chief

Country flag
Stop this fools war; stop killing the Ukrainian people. They are incorrectly mislead. They can never win against Russia hence death and destruction is not in America, Germany or England. If it was their then this war would have stopped months back. These NATO backers are not suffering hence are encouraging that fool in Zelensky.
Who is Killing Ukranians ? I think it is Russians..:bplease:

Anyway, surveys suggest most Ukranians want to continue fighting. They are fighting for their land.
I would like the war to end too.. For that to happen, Russia needs to demonstrate to Ukraine that it is an unstoppable force.. In 6 months time, Mid sized Mariupol is the largest city Russia has captured.. Russia needs to step up and capture a few large cities like Kharkiv, Dnipro or Zaporizye to take the fight out of Ukraine..

Screenshot_20220810-103952_Chrome.jpg

Master Chief

Country flag
Russian industrial production like Auto output is cratering and stabilizing at a much lower level ( 10 percent of pre war output ) than before the war, primarily because of sanctions and the resulting collapse in imports due to breakdown in supply chains. It will take a lot of time for Russia to build alternative supply chains..

Master Chief

Country flag
Russia's gas leverage on Germany while very significant is less than what Putin hoped for..
Even with Nordstream running at just 20 percent, Germany Gas storage is still rising.. While German industry has reduced gas consumption by 21 percent compared to last year.. Part of the reason would be German industry switching from Gas to Diesel for power.. Also, explains the Shutdown of druzhba oil pipeline to Central Europe.. Now Putin will have to squeeze oil supply to Europe too, as he has just one winter, to make EU agree to his terms..

1971ftw

Country flag
That is no "SU-25". That is the wreckage of an SU-35 which was shot down by Ukraine few months back. At this point, you will probably just post different photos of the shot down SU-35 and claim that "we shot down these many SU-35s, everyone hail! Slava Ukrain!"

By the way, the aircraft in the picture is carrying jammer pods. The SU-25 as far as I know, cannot carry a jammer pod on its wing tip pylon. The SU-30/SU-34/SU-35 can on the other hand. In the wreakage of the SU-35, that "pod" that you see is a "Khibiny" EW pod.

For reference.
View attachment 167105
Yup a simple Google image search shows it was a old image from early April

Blademaster

Russia's gas leverage on Germany while very significant is less than what Putin hoped for..
Even with Nordstream running at just 20 percent, Germany Gas storage is still rising.. While German industry has reduced gas consumption by 21 percent compared to last year.. Part of the reason would be German industry switching from Gas to Diesel for power.. Also, explains the Shutdown of druzhba oil pipeline to Central Europe.. Now Putin will have to squeeze oil supply to Europe too, as he has just one winter, to make EU agree to his terms..

Putin doesn't need to make EU agree to his terms. He just needs to outlast EU. Good luck with Germany using diesel. Germany has been down this path and it did not end well. In any case, Russia economy only needs a year or two to reconfigure its supply chains to Russian manufacturers and other countries. After that, Russia does not give a fuck about EU or US and will be free to pursue its own interests accordingly.

You are seeing the Great Uncoupling of Russia from Europe and due to its vast natural resources, Russia will fare better than EU.

karn

Country flag
Putin doesn't need to make EU agree to his terms. He just needs to outlast EU. Good luck with Germany using diesel. Germany has been down this path and it did not end well. In any case, Russia economy only needs a year or two to reconfigure its supply chains to Russian manufacturers and other countries. After that, Russia does not give a fuck about EU or US and will be free to pursue its own interests accordingly.

You are seeing the Great Uncoupling of Russia from Europe and due to its vast natural resources, Russia will fare better than EU.
Russia needs an atmanirbhar roos campaign :hehe: .

Akim

Professional
Country flag

For reference.
View attachment 167105
I've already been pointed out the error.
Actually, I'm a land rat and not a fan of aviation. And the fleet too. Before the war, I believed that airfields and marinas were highly vulnerable, so I was a supporter of operational-tactical, cruise missiles and air defense.
In principle, my theory was partially confirmed and 80% of downed air targets are the work of air defense.
But even pinpoint missile strikes do not solve problems. Look - we are destroying the Russian ammunition depot, in three days they are creating a new one. Therefore, strike aircraft is also needed.

Super Flanker

Country flag
I've already been pointed out the error.
See buddy, before you post such images of shot down/crashed planes and Claim it to be this and that, please google the photos of whatever plane you are claiming the wreckage of and try and identify it correctly.
-:-
Actually, I'm a land rat and not a fan of aviation. And the fleet too.
I am a very vivid fan of aviation but when it comes to identification of Different Weopons be them land based, sea based or air based, then I am mostly good at it.
-:-

Before the war, I believed that airfields and marinas were highly vulnerable, so I was a supporter of operational-tactical, cruise missiles and air defense.
In principle, my theory was partially confirmed and 80% of downed air targets are the work of air defense.
But even pinpoint missile strikes do not solve problems. Look - we are destroying the Russian ammunition depot, in three days they are creating a new one. Therefore, strike aircraft is also needed.
In this war between Ukraine and Russia, Russia is the aggressor and Ukraine is "defender". The best strategy that Ukraine should apply to counter Russia is "Deploy" Defensive assets against "offensive" ones. Ukraine should strengthen its air defense systems and focus more on that, along with ADSs, Ukraine should focus also in more tanks, Artillery etc.

Recently I heard news in media that USA is providing Ukraine with HARM missiles.

Good luck.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles