Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Not at the moment
Okay so you plan to study astrology
See bharti vidya bhawan , new Delhi offers best courses in astrology
Have patience while studying it , I will suggest you to study indian astrology only
Good luck

STORE

Okay so you plan to study astrology
See bharti vidya bhawan , new Delhi offers best courses in astrology
Have patience while studying it , I will suggest you to study indian astrology only
Good luck
I actually did study In Bharti vidya bhawan for few years, although not in New Delhi. TNX anyways.

temujin

Country flag

West pushes Russia into its first foreign debt default since 1918

This war has been very costly for Russia, it may take decades for Russia to recover??
Totally contrived default which will prove to be yet another own goal by the US by accelerating de dollarisation globally. Markets meanwhile have wisened up to the scam, judging by the Ruble exchange rate which has barely flinched in response to this news

Screenshot_2022-06-27-18-29-33-30_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Longewala

Country flag

Myanmar Negotiating To De-dollarize Economy, Join Russia's Alternative Payment System
US concerned about democracy and human rights in Myanmar

Two Minutes To Midnight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Totally contrived default which will prove to be yet another own goal by the US by accelerating de dollarisation globally. Markets meanwhile have wisened up to the scam, judging by the Ruble exchange rate which has barely flinched in response to this news

View attachment 161713
It's not even an actual default in the first place, but technical default. Russia is not allowed to pay because of the sanctions. Something that I had posted earlier about how technical default works:

You ate at a café, asked for receipt, the waiter brought it to you but says that you can’t use your credit card here. You stick your hands into your pockets and realize you have no cash. Until you withdraw money from the nearest ATM, the café will hold you in technical default (naturally, this term is not applied to individuals, but you get the idea).

In other words, you have money and even desire to pay, but you physically cannot pay. Does it remind you of anything? Technical default does not pose serious threats to a country if money and willingness to pay exist.

How is this different from 1998? In 1998 there was no money, no ability to pay, and no particular desire either.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
Though war is not my field of expertise , nor I am any sort of defence student to any extent,
but, I wonder how could the so called stone aged Russian artillery with handicam supported drone could direct hit 2 arty pieces with consecutive shots!!!
You guys can help me to shed my curiosity please.
The simple answer is, if you know what you are doing, you can usually do wonders with off-the-shelf consumer goods, particularly electronics and cameras.
People may find this mind-boggling, but forget Iphone12 ( or 14 or whatever the fook the new iphone is at), even iphone 7 has FAR more sophisticated chipset than a Dassault Rafale or F-22. Its sooooooo much better for the iphone that in electronics terms, its comparing a ww2 tank to a 1980s tank.

While militaries do have high grade camera lenses, they are usually optimised for satellites ( meaning ultra-zoom while being ultra-lightweight) but if your weight is not a major issue ( like say on a spy drone), you have enough high grade SLR lenses available in the market to pick up a cat from 5,000 feet up in the sky.

mokoman

Country flag
Though war is not my field of expertise , nor I am any sort of defence student to any extent,
but, I wonder how could the so called stone aged Russian artillery with handicam supported drone could direct hit 2 arty pieces with consecutive shots!!!
You guys can help me to shed my curiosity please.
i dont think anyone calls russian artillery stone age , my understanding is , its better than western ones. US is behind Russians and trying to catch up .

about the drone thing , Russians dont have enough drones with thermals or night vision . so less night time ops . atleast thats what people say.

STORE

i dont think anyone calls russian artillery stone age , my understanding is , its better than western ones. US is behind Russians and trying to catch up .

about the drone thing , Russians dont have enough drones with thermals or night vision . so less night time ops . atleast thats what people say.
Then y do u think we bought US M777 instead of Russian arty? It's not like Russia was not willing to sell us their stuff.

shade

Country flag

I read in one article or idk on this thread only that their strategy revolves around artillery.
Also they spend more, and have more variety and quantity artillery pieces, and ammo than US.
Apparently they fire 60k artillery shells into Ukranistan per day, and Ukranis fire a mere 5k at them.

mokoman

Country flag
Then y do u think we bought US M777 instead of Russian arty? It's not like Russia was not willing to sell us their stuff.
thats true , i had self propelled ones in mind .

remember reading about Russian ones having longer range and higher fire rate than US .

shade

Country flag
thats true , i had self propelled ones in mind .

remember reading about Russian ones having longer range and higher fire rate than US .

The article was from this site only but the topic was industrial production winning wars, about the current conflict only and dealing with artillery -> this is the article https://rusi.org/explore-our-research/publications/commentary/return-industrial-warfare

Russians apparently love the big guns.

The Shrike

Country flag
Just like tanks are obsolete hot takes became popular in the initial weeks, now it's time for Russian mass artillery is soo awaswm hot air. Just having more boom does not nessesarily mean the Russians have better technology (they don't) or that they have better tactics - hard to make a convincing argument when they are making progress only at excruciating pace even after lobbing so many shells that the landscape looking like this.

Master Chief

Country flag

West pushes Russia into its first foreign debt default since 1918

This war has been very costly for Russia, it may take decades for Russia to recover??
The west blocked all means of dollar / Euro debt payments on dollar debt for Russia.. This default is not because Russia had no money.. Russia has more than enough money, but is not being allowed to pay back in dollars/euros so that the west can get a kick out of declaring Russia a defaulter.. This is a technical default in that Russia is ready to pay back in Rubles..as dollar payment routes are blocked..

Master Chief

Country flag
Just like tanks are obsolete hot takes became popular in the initial weeks, now it's time for Russian mass artillery is soo awaswm hot air. Just having more boom does not nessesarily mean the Russians have better technology (they don't) or that they have better tactics - hard to make a convincing argument when they are making progress only at excruciating pace even after lobbing so many shells that the landscape looking like this.
You are generalizing.. Telegram and twitter is littered with accurate Russian first shots ( mostly Krasnopol) .. like the below one from today..

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Russians had no ultra light howitzer options brother

Duh , here I go again...
M777 Is a 155 mm gun , russiam standard is 152 mm guns .
We are stuck with 155mm since we bought bofors .
As far as Russian arty in indian service is concerned, we have got more than 1000 m 46 130mm field guns
And d 30 122 mm howitzer
As india wishes to change all its arty to 155mm in future , it will ve a retarded thing if we buy artillery from Russia

The Shrike

Country flag
You are generalizing.. Telegram and twitter is littered with accurate Russian first shots ( mostly Krasnopol) .. like the below one from today..

Are you sure that's a krasnopol - looks like a tank/RPG round to me? Not saying there is no usage of artillery PGMs but a lot of the videos you see are short clips spliced together with a lot of context missing ( both Urk and RU are doing this).

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles