Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

RocketMan

Country flag
Dude, 99% of all the mainstream Indian 'films' have basically the same base storyline and plot points at their core - the hero bumps into the heroine, instantly falls in love, makes his advances in the creepiest and lamest ways possible, and she rejects his advances for a time but eventually relents and sings and dance while holding hands, then she gets abducted by the bad guys, then the hero beats up the bad guys with his Saitama level physics-defying moves and then finally, walks off into the sunset with the most beautiful girl in town, the heroine I mean; with some item numbers and lame-ass jokes and cringy car chase scenes (again with anime level physics-defying driving and ramming and stuff) thrown into the mix from time to time along. Seen one, seen 'em all.
gangs-of-wasseypur-log-chutiya-bante-rahenge.gif

vishnugupt

Country flag
you are a facking idiot if you think i am a mullah. I am just not a gao-wallah fake hindu like you. Hinduism is the only true dharma along with ALL other dharmic ideologies- buddhism, jainism, taoism, etc. But what is not hinduism, is an obscue smriti elevated by the british known as the manusmriti.
What wrong Manusmriti has done to you?? Have you ever read it??

Blood+

Country flag
yes but thee is a significant difference with the desert god cultists -
No cause for disagreement there.
ours doesn't evolve into mass warfare or ethnic cleansing due to skydaddy or skymommy issues amongst fellow non-abrahamics.
The expression I used was just that - an expression. A figure of speech if you will. I didn't mean it literally.

Blood+

Country flag
What humans achieve or don’t achieve is completely irrelevant in cosmic space time.
Ahhh... a fellow existential nihilist I see there. Well, hello there, mate.
Our species is just another grain of sand and no way its existence or disappearance prove/disprove a higher intelligence.
I never claimed one way or the other. I just asked a simple question - whether religion has any relevancy left in this day and age. I do not concern myself with the existence of a higher intelligence or a lack thereof.

here2where

Ahhh... a fellow existential nihilist I see there. Well, hello there, mate.

I never claimed one way or the other. I just asked a simple question - whether religion has any relevancy left in this day and age. I do not concern myself with the existence of a higher intelligence or a lack thereof.
Some ppl drink, others do bhajan. Whatever gives you a good night’s sleep.

Religion makes sense to disturbed souls. Not to perfectly healthy ones.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
Some ppl drink, others do bhajan. Whatever gives you a good night’s sleep.

Religion makes sense to disturbed souls. Not to perfectly healthy ones.
it makes sense to perfectly healthy ones too. Which is why the dominant majority of the species are religious to some degree. What does not make sense, is fanaticism in either end of spectrum - atheism or religiosity

dkkgp

Country flag
So said every other polytheistic religion (and all the monotheistic ones as well) that has long since been lost to the sands of time. The question we need to ask is - do we even need religion in this day and age??!! I mean think about it for a moment - while on one hand, we are talking about stuff like colonizing Mars, extending the human lifespan and healthspan beyond our imagination, deep space exploration, and whatnot yet at the same time we're biting each other's heads off over whose imaginary friends in the sky are the real ones - what a fascinatingly stupid dichotomy!!
Those guys/girls sending rockets for India to Mars are some of the most religious ones! For some it's apparent in their attire for others they do pujas for successful launch, and send Upanishadic verses on spaceships, they have reconciled the two. It's not a question of either Science or Religion, both aren't mutually antagonistic(depends on the religion), especially for a religion like Hinduism based on Upanishads which gives the highest authority to human faculty, it doesn't have to be either, it can and is both.

Blood+

Country flag
it makes sense to perfectly healthy ones too. Which is why the dominant majority of the species are religious to some degree. What does not make sense, is fanaticism in either end of spectrum - atheism or religiosity
^ This. Whatever your belief is (or the lack thereof), just keep it to yourself and all will be fine. Wish the firebrand types on both sides could get their heads wrapped around this simple fact of life.

The Shrike

Country flag
so news of Russians pulling out T-64 out of storage are true .

now new claim is that they are putting out T-62s

seems less likely they will push towards Odessa or rest of south Ukraine now .

The second one (not completely on fire) looked like a T-72 family (to my inexpert eyes)?

Blood+

Country flag
Those guys/girls sending rockets for India to Mars are some of the most religious ones! For some it's apparent in their attire for others they do pujas for successful launch, and send Upanishadic verses on spaceships, they have reconciled the two.
Well, just because those scientists and engineers happen to be religious persons, does not make it true (or false). The thing is, our beliefs have no bearing on facts (or the cosmos for that matter) and the fact is - there is no evidence to suggest that there is a higher power, and if there is, then we are yet to find it.

It's not a question of either Science or Religion, both aren't mutually antagonistic(depends on the religion), especially for a religion like Hinduism based on Upanishads which gives the highest authority to human faculty, it doesn't have to be either, it can and is both.
Well, I wouldn't know, wasn't born into a religious household. But whatever you say, boss.

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
So said every other polytheistic religion (and all the monotheistic ones as well) that has long since been lost to the sands of time. The question we need to ask is - do we even need religion in this day and age??!! I mean think about it for a moment - while on one hand, we are talking about stuff like colonizing Mars, extending the human lifespan and healthspan beyond our imagination, deep space exploration, and whatnot yet at the same time we're biting each other's heads off over whose imaginary friends in the sky are the real ones - what a fascinatingly stupid dichotomy!!
Religion gives character and country gives identity.You need to protect these two .

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
you are a facking idiot if you think i am a mullah. I am just not a gao-wallah fake hindu like you. Hinduism is the only true dharma along with ALL other dharmic ideologies- buddhism, jainism, taoism, etc. But what is not hinduism, is an obscue smriti elevated by the british known as the manusmriti.
Hinduism basis is holy vedas not smriti larper and the other isms you talked about aint dharma rather heresy against hinduism to weaken it.

Blood+

Country flag
Religion gives character
One can definitely have a character even without religion in one's life and not have a character even with religion. We see such examples in our daily lives all the freaking time.
and country gives identity.
No room for disagreement there. Nation/ Country always comes first and will have to be defended tooth and nail, come what may.

neutrondrake

Country flag
They are wrong. We are Right. It is precisely that simple.

muh current year arguments are poor rationality. Religion will be relevant even when humanity constructs a dyson sphere.

Your understanding of Religion has been rotted by monotheism and it's atheistic response for you to hold your positions you currently hold. You don't have any sufficient understanding of theology and epistemology beyond the childish religions of the west.

neutrondrake

Country flag
One can definitely have a character even without religion in one's life and not have a character even with religion. We see such examples in our daily lives all the freaking time.

No room for disagreement there. Nation/ Country always comes first and will have to be defended tooth and nail, come what may.
Wrong, your moral and character building efforts have been outsourced to the religious members of the society you are a part of.

There is no such thing as Atheistic moral code. Every single part of your morality has and will have a religious origin.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles