Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Kumaoni

There have been more. In the first weeks of the war, the losses of Russian soldiers were within a thousand people / day. There's a firestorm and hell. The gun/mortar consumes 200 rounds per day. Ammunition arrives in echelons.
Man in September 19th, 1965, India launched a nearly suicidal attack with barely artillery support on a brigade level. Even Pakistan didn’t claim to inflict this much losses on us

Shaan123

Country flag
A global food crisis is on the horizon due to Russia’s war on Ukraine, Germany’s foreign minister warned on Friday.Annalena Baerbock accused Russia of conducting a “hybrid war” and preventing grain exports from Ukrainian ports.“Russia is not allowing millions of tons of grain to be exported. This is a big, big danger,” she said.“And we can only see the tip of the iceberg, at the moment. We all know that if the climate crisis hits in summer around the world, the situation will get even worse,” she added.
It's crazy , west put the sanctions on Russian EUR/USD trade and banks, and now they lie with a straight face "Russia is responsible for crisis" ! . :pound:

At least remove sanctions for wheat exports and food crisis can be bought under control to great extent, if not fully, in an instant. They know deep inside they have cocked up the situation and now running like headless chickens.

Last edited:

Shaan123

Country flag
The worst is yet to be seen
Exactly, it's clear to everyone. From what I hear panic has started in the western circles. I think this is the biggest reason all of the sudden below happened during the last week
1. U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin called for an immediate ceasefire in Ukraine when he spoke by telephone to his Russian counterpart Sergei Shoigu on Friday
2. German Chancellor Olaf Scholz called for a ceasefire in Ukraine during a phone call with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday.

Ideally now is the time everyone should throw their ego's away and come up with some face saving formulae for all the parties involved in this conflict. I feel Russia might not be too eager for ceasefire, probably until they have complete control over donetsk and luhansk. That might take another 4-5 weeks at minimum.

Two Minutes To Midnight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
'chickens have come home to roost' . Massive recession on the horizon, no one can escape. How stupid were west to think they can destroy Russia without any impact on them. Inflation was already there before the war but war has made it extremely bad.

Impact on world poverty will be massive. My heart breaks especially for the poor of this world. Millions and Millions rely on cheap bread all over the world. 😢
It's actually way worse. The CPI uses fuzzy math & other kikery to disguise the true rate of inflation. It's a rigged and fudged metric since the '80s to cover up for federal reserve money printing intended to steal your wealth.

It's probably way, way higher. Not a 40 year high, that's just a mind control technique to make normies think, "OH, at some point in history, things were worse than now". It's no doubt 10 or 11%.

If the true rate of inflation were to be published by the CPI, the entire house of cards would come crashing down.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Man in September 19th, 1965, India launched a nearly suicidal attack with barely artillery support on a brigade level. Even Pakistan didn’t claim to inflict this much losses on us
I have already talked about this example. Once in a Russian newspaper there was a report that 13,500 soldiers were killed and 7,500 were missing. We then gave a figure of 2-3 thousand more. So the losses are real. We have a huge front and battles are going on along its entire length.

Everyone. Stop comparing with your war. Silly and unprofessional. Completely different nature of wars.

Kumaoni

There have been more. In the first weeks of the war, the losses of Russian soldiers were within a thousand people / day. There's a firestorm and hell. The gun/mortar consumes 200 rounds per day. Ammunition arrives in echelons.

Everyone. Stop comparing with your war. Silly and unprofessional. Completely different nature of wars.
I only compare it to the battles I Find most similar. All I know is this is the first time I’ve seen 1,000 soldiers beinf killed a day

Akim

Professional
Country flag
I only compare it to the battles I Find most similar. All I know is this is the first time I’ve seen 1,000 soldiers beinf killed a day
The front line is more than 1200 km. More than half of the territory is steppe.

The Shrike

Country flag
Drone (?) targeting a M777 battery, not a direct hit though and video cuts off after the impact co not sure what/if there was any damage.

JBH22

That too using mortars and artillery. The AFU gunners are the most prolific one in recent history. Oh did not know Russia in 2022 copied chinese human wave attack strategy

Kumaoni

35th Brigade effectively ceased to exist as a fighting force in that attack . Their losses were very heavy. Pakistani accounts of chawinda are heavily exagerated
Indeed they are. They claim that Chawinda was a tank graveyard lol. They don’t have pictures. It was Indian Infantry attacking entrenched Pakistani positions with tanks. (35 Bgd captured its initial objectives but the follow up coys dispersed and they had to withdraw).

35 Brigade (more namely 20 Rajput) managed to win the Battle of Alhar on night before ceasefire.

Kumaoni

That too using mortars and artillery. The AFU gunners are the most prolific one in recent history. Oh did not know Russia in 2022 copied chinese human wave attack strategy
Are they using human wave attack?

Master Chief

Country flag
Finland, Sweden submit application to join NATO
-
Reuters
NATO holds ceremony to mark Sweden's and Finland's application for membership in Brussels's and Finland's application for membership in Brussels

BRUSSELS, May 17 (Reuters) - Finland and Sweden formally applied to join the NATO alliance on Wednesday at allied headquarters, a decision spurred by Russia's invasion of Ukraine, and setting in motion an accession process that is expected to take only a few weeks.

Sweden and Finland were both neutral throughout the Cold War, and their decision to join NATO is one of the most significant changes in Europe's security architecture for decades, reflecting a sweeping shift in public opinion in the Nordic region since Russia's Feb. 24 invasion.

"This is a historic moment, which we must seize," NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said at a short ceremony in which the Swedish and Finnish ambassadors to the alliance handed over their application letters, each in a white folder embossed with their national flag.

Another result of Putin's misadventure.
It's more of a formality.. Sweden and Finland have had very close military ties with NATO for decades.. Turkey will agree after getting some of its demands met..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles