Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

ww2historian

Country flag

I guess it could be true, but one has to consider the source. I'm open minded but I doubt there is much truth to these stories. Also, if the US increased imported oil from Russia, but it was only for a few weeks at best. Some European counties have just under 50% Russian oil blended with other oil, this is one way around sanctions.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
I was looking to analyze effectiveness of Excalibur munitions .
Any Bomb damage assessment for Excalibur munitions. Any idea in which operations Excalibur munitions was used.
There are no such data yet. In any case, high-precision ammunition is minuscule compared to ordinary ones.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
I guess it could be true, but one has to consider the source. I'm open minded but I doubt there is much truth to these stories. Also, if the US increased imported oil from Russia, but it was only for a few weeks at best. Some European counties have just under 50% Russian oil blended with other oil, this is one way around sanctions.
When I say US, its not US as a country but some entrepreneurial gentleman who will buy from Russia, make a killing from resale of the oil/gas and finally pay some fine to settle the issue.
Problem for EU is logistics. They were so dependent on piped fuel from Russia that neglected and even dismantled fuel handling terminal.

ww2historian

Country flag
This is interesting, I really do think the Russians studied Erich Von Manstein a lot and why not? From Intel Slava Z
"Apparently, something happened under Gulyai-Pole that was supposed to happen (will happen again) near Kharkov. The Ukraine militants received an order to launch a counteroffensive in any way, the defending Russian troops led them into a fire bag and destroyed them."

"Offensive and defense are two different disciplines of the art of war. If Ukrainians are more or less able to defend themselves, then offensive actions require a completely different level of operational art." It will be interesting to see if the same thing happens in Kharkov.

ww2historian

Country flag
This is interesting, I really do think the Russians studied Erich Von Manstein a lot and why not? From Intel Slava Z
"Apparently, something happened under Gulyai-Pole that was supposed to happen (will happen again) near Kharkov. The Ukraine militants received an order to launch a counteroffensive in any way, the defending Russian troops led them into a fire bag and destroyed them."

"Offensive and defense are two different disciplines of the art of war. If Ukrainians are more or less able to defend themselves, then offensive actions require a completely different level of operational art." It will be interesting to see if the same thing happens in Kharkov.
No big surprise the western media hasn't reported this.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
What are the odds of hitting the target? From the video it looks like the UAV is flying at a couple thousand feet AGL. Dropping dumb bomblets from that altitude can't expect too many hits.
We've seen multiple Ukr drones doing pretty accurate bombings...don't know about couple thousand feet...that's a lot, but yeah better than nothing I suppose.

Edit: Those Ukr were quadcopter drones who could hover so I guess that explains why

Shaan123

Country flag
Are you just making stuff up?
From my limited understanding Oil Well cannot be closed temporarily and is suicidal (business wise).
Drilling and pumping releases this mixture of oil and gas. Any cessation of the extraction process may result in the clogging of this porous rock with sediment or paraffin, which means that production may permanently be reduced by half, or even stop completely, when pumping resumes.

The Shrike

Country flag
i think in 1 months time we will know.

lulushank is at 90% russian control , dotnet is at ~57% , in 1 month both will be (probably) fully captured . will see which way russia turns then .
At the pace they are advancing I doubt they will be able to capture all of Donbas within one month if at all - especially Slovyansk-Kramatorsk. As per Michael Koffman the date to watch out for is August, post which Russians will run out of steam to conduct major offensive operations and the war will enter a new phase.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
At the pace they are advancing I doubt they will be able to capture all of Donbas within one month if at all - especially Slovyansk-Kramatorsk. As per Michael Koffman the date to watch out for is August, post which Russians will run out of steam to conduct major offensive operations and the war will enter a new phase.
How do you mean run out of steam?

The Shrike

Country flag
How do you mean run out of steam?
Per Koffman the Donbas offensive is the last offensive the Russians will be able to mount for some time. The amount of attrition inflicted on thier units will make them combat ineffective, and they will have to go on the defensive on the lands they hold. Of course that doesn't nessesarily mean Ukrainian will be able to mount a successful offensive, that will depend on wether they have enough forces left, with requisite heavy weapons etc.

Blademaster

Question is whether Ukraine will stop fighting for Donbass or not. They have said multiple times that they won't accept that situation.
And neither will the residents of Donbass and LPR. You may not know but the bulk of the fighting in those areas are by those volunteers of Donbass and LPR and Russians are the supporting combat arms. Russians are the tankers and artillery while DNR and LPR are the infantry. So that tells you right there that the advantage lies with Russia and the two republics not Ukraine.

Blademaster

It’s the problem of MANPOWER. Russia is outnumbered in a country they are attacking. This is not enough to take any major cities. Russians lack of MANPOWER is very showing in their inability to hold captured territory
You are forgetting the manpower from Donetsk and Luhansk. The people in those areas do not want to rejoin Ukraine. They are fighting to be republics or rejoin Russia. There's no manpower problem in those areas.

Blademaster

If his assessment that Ukraine can mobilize 1 million and provide weapons to them with continued line of supply is correct .. No invasion army can sustain it even with heavy use of air power .. War ll go on .. Russia better hurry.. capture what they want early ... dig in and fortify the positions captured ..
If they have no fuel, it really doesn't matter because all that means is that they are cannon fodder for Russian artillery.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles