Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Dharmapalas

Country flag
It was well outside of any Ukraine air defense range including patriot. Could be friendly fire or who knows may be a Nato stealth drone was flying near by it and and the missile active seeker locked on to the A50.
Yes, new video seems to confirm it was a Russian SAM that took it down

Soldier355

Country flag
A Russian plane, presumably an A-50U, official media reported about an unknown aircraft, crashed near the Trudovaya Armenia farm in the Kanevsky district of the Krasnodar Territory. The wreckage of the plane was found by local residents. There is no official information about the type of aircraft yet. Ukrainian media reported that the A-50 plane was shot down by Ukrainian air defense, but this is unlikely, since the nearest point of the front line is from 210 to 265 kilometers, and the firing range of the Patriot air defense system is 160 kilometers. It is worth noting that local residents filmed the flight of the plane; the video shows the plane shooting at a heat trap; this is done when the plane detected a missile launch or radar radiation. Also, one of the local residents recorded the launch of an unknown missile during the flight of the plane. It is also possible that a sabotage group equipped with MANPADS penetrated into the Krasnodar region.

Soldier355

Country flag
Footage of the use in Ukraine, by Russian Su-35 aircraft, presumably of Kh-35U missiles. Despite the fact that the Kh-35 missile is considered anti-ship, a modified version of the Kh-35U, equipped with a Gran-K seeker, can also hit ground-based radars at a range of up to 260 kilometers. The missile has a warhead of 145 kilograms and flies at an altitude of 20–50 meters, skirting the earth's surface. The video shows a Kh-35U missile hitting the Ukrainian P-18 all-round radar station, which was put into service in 1970 and designed to detect air targets.

maximus777

Country flag
If reports are to be believed, Ruski airforce is routinely losing high value planes like A 50s, Su 34s and Su 35s in a big hurry. It's simply not sustainable! What has baffled me since the war began is the hesitancy in using the airforce - let them do their effin job! Some think Ruskis are saving them for a future confrontation with NATO. But if they cant survive against Ukrainian ADS, fat chance they will stand a chance against NATO AF! :facepalm:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davida...best-jets-in-just-three-days/?sh=1e36c5bc655f

Akim

Professional
Country flag
I always smile when they say that Russia is fighting at half strength. Russia is fighting to the maximum of its capabilities with conventional weapons. North Korean ballistics as a clue.

hurrians

Country flag
Akim how come world leaders have been visiting Kiev during wartime, russia is selectively bombing Ukraine, inspite of Russian offensive capabilities Putin has not gone full throttle. US is fending off Russian attacks but has not put his skin entirely in the game. US is holding back russia but doesn't want to antagonise Putin beyond a point.

US ,Putin, Zelensky and Europe have their aggreement and stick to their commitments, only poor non partisan Ukranians suffer.

hurrians

Country flag
And yes the only change although subtle is the decrease in constant propaganda in mainstream English media.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Akim how come world leaders have been visiting Kiev during wartime, russia is selectively bombing Ukraine, inspite of Russian offensive capabilities Putin has not gone full throttle. US is fending off Russian attacks but has not put his skin entirely in the game. US is holding back russia but doesn't want to antagonise Putin beyond a point.

US ,Putin, Zelensky and Europe have their aggreement and stick to their commitments, only poor non partisan Ukranians suffer.
Why are all the embassies, Parliament and Government working in Kyiv - there is an air defense umbrella over Kiev.
Wherever they can, they shoot. In Kharkiv and Zaporizhye there is destruction almost every day.
Why don't they attack foreign merchant ships coming from the ports of Big Odesa? - there is an unspoken agreement: we do not sink foreign merchant ships coming from Russian ports, they do not attack those coming from our ports. Merchant ships of the warring parties do not count. The ships of the Danube Shipping Company regularly get holes. The same with the Russian merchant fleet.
There are hundreds of similar accents. But they certainly do not concern military chronicles, and when the air raid alarm sounds, the residents of my house regularly descend from the upper floors to the hall.
At the end of February we will see whether Putler will drag Moldova into the war or not.

NutCracker

Country flag
A Russian plane, presumably an A-50U, official media reported about an unknown aircraft, crashed near the Trudovaya Armenia farm in the Kanevsky district of the Krasnodar Territory. The wreckage of the plane was found by local residents. There is no official information about the type of aircraft yet. Ukrainian media reported that the A-50 plane was shot down by Ukrainian air defense, but this is unlikely, since the nearest point of the front line is from 210 to 265 kilometers, and the firing range of the Patriot air defense system is 160 kilometers. It is worth noting that local residents filmed the flight of the plane; the video shows the plane shooting at a heat trap; this is done when the plane detected a missile launch or radar radiation. Also, one of the local residents recorded the launch of an unknown missile during the flight of the plane. It is also possible that a sabotage group equipped with MANPADS penetrated into the Krasnodar region.

oh boyyyyyyy 1200 comments.... lot of heat under that video.

JBH22

Let's start snippy notes on what we learned from 2 years of this conflict.
Bullet form, no need extensive paragraph and segegrate it for land, air and naval forces. I start first.

Airforce:
1. Multi million dollar aircraft parked on tarmac vulnerable to cheap drones. (Re Tu-95, A-50 incidents)
2. Low end platform like SU-25 remain an integral part for troop support (unfortunately we never got these)
3. FPV, UAV are the big thing. It should be cheap,rugged like Shahed not overpriced like IAI Harop.

LandForce:
1.Tank warfare is here to stay (need to upgrade for top attack or loitering munitions)
2. Anti tank weapons should be simple (i.e not the Javelin way, battery thing is worse way).
Happy with RPG/Carl Gustav.
3. Infantry kit remain important especially in urban areas (I don't think anyone could have pulled a Bakhmut)

Naval force:
1. Large warship (i.e Moskva) can be fooled using a clever mix of UAV/Anti ship missiles.
2. CIWS and anti UAV system is a must on all platforms.

hurrians

Country flag
Why are all the embassies, Parliament and Government working in Kyiv - there is an air defense umbrella over Kiev.
Wherever they can, they shoot. In Kharkiv and Zaporizhye there is destruction almost every day.
Why don't they attack foreign merchant ships coming from the ports of Big Odesa? - there is an unspoken agreement: we do not sink foreign merchant ships coming from Russian ports, they do not attack those coming from our ports. Merchant ships of the warring parties do not count. The ships of the Danube Shipping Company regularly get holes. The same with the Russian merchant fleet.
There are hundreds of similar accents. But they certainly do not concern military chronicles, and when the air raid alarm sounds, the residents of my house regularly descend from the upper floors to the hall.
At the end of February we will see whether Putler will drag Moldova into the war or not.

There are naval air defence ship patrol and heavy anti air umbrella in the ME still cheap houthi missiles and drones are making through the shield.

Difference is the intent, roosies don't want to hit - there is agreement b/w zelensky and roos. The sooner non partisans in Ukraine understand that the better for them.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
There are naval air defence ship patrol and heavy anti air umbrella in the ME still cheap houthi missiles and drones are making through the shield.

Difference is the intent, roosies don't want to hit - there is agreement b/w zelensky and roos. The sooner non partisans in Ukraine understand that the better for them.
That's pizdets . Tell your grandmother about this. Apparently our lives are more valuable to the Russians than their own. Have you seen a video of a hungry dog eating the corpse of a Russian soldier? They have been barely making progress for more than 2 years, but they are such moralists that they do not want to shoot at Kyiv. Shove this truth up your ass! Maybe then your brain will start to wiggle a little. You don’t know Ukrainian and take in dosed information. Here you are given a unique chance to find out our truth. Borrell spent several hours in a Kyiv bomb shelter in early February.

hurrians

Country flag
You, your grandmother are living on begging from white Europeans who anyway consider your ilk inferior. Take this truth up your ass.

Now returning to discussion without cussing. It's a fact that Ukrainian are fighting with donated equipment and even Biden was forced to say that you should be grateful for what you are given.

I have sympathy for the sufferings of non partisans caught up in the war.

I truly understand why truth riles you up.

But the fact remains Zelensky has an agreement with Russians.

Russia takes what it has won, zelensky rules over what's left and to show the farce of resistance zelensky sends many to their certain death.

Didn't want to insult you but your use of language has forced me.

You had committed to protest if zaluzhny is expelled. How was your protest. You are hypocrite same as zelensky.

Wake up, nobody believes your make believe propaganda, your western funders too have stopped propaganda, so should you.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
You, your grandmother are living on begging from white Europeans who anyway consider your ilk inferior. Take this truth up your ass.

Now returning to discussion without cussing. It's a fact that Ukrainian are fighting with donated equipment and even Biden was forced to say that you should be grateful for what you are given.

I have sympathy for the sufferings of non partisans caught up in the war.

I truly understand why truth riles you up.

But the fact remains Zelensky has an agreement with Russians.

Russia takes what it has won, zelensky rules over what's left and to show the farce of resistance zelensky sends many to their certain death.

Didn't want to insult you but your use of language has forced me.

You had committed to protest if zaluzhny is expelled. How was your protest. You are hypocrite same as zelensky.

Wake up, nobody believes your make believe propaganda, your western funders too have stopped propaganda, so should you.
Immediately "white Europeans". The offended racist? :)
I repeat: - You are limited in receiving information. Zelensky and Zaluzhny parted on good terms.

Yes, we are asking for help - material and technical. But not only our side.
Iran, N. Korea, Russian.

hurrians

Country flag
Zelensky and zaluzhny don't want to rock the boat ,has it occurred to you - there could be pressure from US and white Europeans on them to split amicable, in the end they are their creations.

Zaluzhny may be a true patriot and doesn't want to peril his country any more.

Russia seeks arms from Korea china but has it occurred to you those are non sophisticated arms and ammunition, with which to saturate Ukraine.

However the degree of dependency of Ukraine on Western funding and arms is way too higher and is not comparable to what russia seeks.

Without US intelligence it would have been impossible for Ukraine to take back kharkhiv. Russia doesn't have that luxury. Its allies supply only munitions and drones.

Putin was on record talking Nuclear weapons, do you really think Western powers ( white Europeans) and Americans will push him beyond a point.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Zelensky and zaluzhny don't want to rock the boat ,has it occurred to you - there could be pressure from US and white Europeans on them to split amicable, in the end they are their creations.

Zaluzhny may be a true patriot and doesn't want to peril his country any more.

Russia seeks arms from Korea china but has it occurred to you those are non sophisticated arms and ammunition, with which to saturate Ukraine.

However the degree of dependency of Ukraine on Western funding and arms is way too higher and is not comparable to what russia seeks.

Without US intelligence it would have been impossible for Ukraine to take back kharkhiv. Russia doesn't have that luxury. Its allies supply only munitions and drones.

Putin was on record talking Nuclear weapons, do you really think Western powers ( white Europeans) and Americans will push him beyond a point.
Did you see fragments of the KN-23 that was fired at Kharkiv?
If you are a champion of anti-colonialism, then tell me what overseas colonies the Austro-Hungarian and Ottoman empires had?
These stupid plebs only think that a nuclear country can threaten a nuclear-free state.

Last edited:

hurrians

Country flag
It's a ballistic missile, even houthis have one.

Now take time and think of what i have said-
Zaluzhny expulsion ( happened)

Frozen conflict ( in the process)

Your aid Dependent on US domestic politics ( happening)

Zelensky Russia understanding and zelensky being a major Russian strategic asset ( upto you to accept or reject, his past present and future action will let you know )

Akim

Professional
Country flag
It's a ballistic missile, even houthis have one.

Now take time and think of what i have said-
Zaluzhny expulsion ( happened)

Frozen conflict ( in the process)

Your aid Dependent on US domestic politics ( happening)

Zelensky Russia understanding and zelensky being a major Russian strategic asset ( upto you to accept or reject, his past present and future action will let you know )
Without US help it will be harder, but this does not mean disaster. We still have 3/5 of all howitzers of Soviet caliber, 2/3 of all MLRS. They were definitely not supplied from the USA.
About Zaluzhny and the territory - I do not comment on conspiracy theorists.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles