Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Then it will become a serious problem for the Russians, at least until they figure something out.
How exactly will it become a threat to the Russians? If the F-16s get deployed in large numbers like atleast in the "hundreds", and if every single of these theoretical "hundreds" is of the latest block standards, then it will be a major problem for the RuAF, but as a member highlighted here, the Ukrainians would not recieve top of the line standard blocks but rather older ones and that too in limited numbers, like 20-25, that is hardly two squadrons, don't see how they would cause any major concern to RuAF if this would be the case. Let's see how things play out though.
Off topic. But were we carrying R-77s during this encounter in 2019
YES! Infact WC Abhinandan's MiG which was shot down was also carrying R-77s, the loadout of his MiG-21 was like this: 2X R-73s & 2X R-77s.
I am eager to find out - Flankers v/s F-whatever. Let's get it on!!:cruisin2:
If F-16s enter the fight against Russian flankers then this would not be the first time Flanker series have faced off F-16s, Su-30MKIs in 2019 faced off against Pakistani F-16s. NATO wants to escalate the conflict more and more.

WarPigeon

Watching the expanding blue on the ISW interactive map as a Pro-Ukraine guy, I can't help but be a little annoyed at them ignoring Ukraine's blanket Opsec request for our side....

But I must admit, after the initial armor snafus, it is pleasing to watch that 16km wide blue dent in the South grow along with the others like it.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
The right question is
What's stopping NATO from arranging 500 tank 100 odd planes lots of artillery, AFV, and all the juicy stuff to end Putler once and for all.
The slow consistent approach will only destroy ukriane further.
One big push from the entire NATO is all that's needed to capture Moscow to Vladivostok.

Craigs

Country flag
The right question is
What's stopping NATO from arranging 500 tank 100 odd planes lots of artillery, AFV, and all the juicy stuff to end Putler once and for all.
One big push from the entire NATO is all that's needed to capture Moscow to Vladivostok.
Same famous last words as Napoleon and Hitler. heheheheheeheee. Tu subah subah hi bottle kolta hai Kya?

WarPigeon

No one is interested in trying to militarily conquer Russia, save the Freedom of Russia boys (who nobody will comment on ;)) But yes, the question of why we didn't provide more aid sooner is a frequent topic of rumination among the Ukraine Hawks.

Probably has to do with the usual issues that impact western democracy - indecision, reluctance to act, fear of hurting Putin's fee-fees, not wanting to foot the bill, and of course, far-right autocracy-lovers.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Same famous last words as Napoleon and Hitler. heheheheheeheee. Tu subah subah hi bottle kolta hai Kya?
NATO is 1 billion strong hivemind with 10 times the military budget of Russia.
When was the last time such a big force attacked Russia with full force.
I know it's not gonna happen but regardless the point sticks that Russia problem has a permanent solution that no one is willing to implement no matter how much they shout and cry for Ukraine.

kittoo420

Country flag
I know it's not gonna happen but regardless the point sticks that Russia problem has a permanent solution that no one is willing to implement no matter how much they shout and cry for Ukraine.
But herein lies the rub. In case of NATO trying permanent solution, its nukey nukey bang bang time. And as far as nukes are concerned Russia is as good as, if not better, than NATO.

But we dont even need to go that far. West doesn't have appetite for even a few thousands of theirs being dead, let alone millions. They are more than happy to have Ukranian slavs die on their behalf. But as soon as it comes to their own, they will tuck their tales and run.

WarPigeon

Now THAT's more like it! It's no vuldehar, but still pretty nifty.

Last edited:

Craigs

Country flag
Hahahahahahahahaha..... Don't you like your liver.

WarPigeon

Rybar and Wargonzo (further down-thread) point to new Ukrainian gains.

Twitter preview appears to be broken

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
No one is interested in trying to militarily conquer Russia, save the Freedom of Russia boys (who nobody will comment on ;)) But yes, the question of why we didn't provide more aid sooner is a frequent topic of rumination among the Ukraine Hawks.

Probably has to do with the usual issues that impact western democracy - indecision, reluctance to act, fear of hurting Putin's fee-fees, not wanting to foot the bill, and of course, far-right autocracy-lovers.
we have already commented on how those Polish mercs are doing terrorist activity in Russia.
Fear of hurting Putin's fee-fees ? You mean fear of getting nuked. Autocracy or democracy has zero relevance in international affairs. How you run your country is irrelevant to those outside it. This is why Africa is tilting towards China and giving USA a big middle finger- because China's foreign policy is far more pro-African and less patronising than the ones of the western savages.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
The permanent solution of Russia problem involves getting DC and London nuked. Thats why no one will implement it and thats why the current nuclear powers don't wanna see nuclear proliferation.

Blood+

Country flag
If you try to put your proposed final solution into practice, then the whole of Europe will end up having to play S.T.A.L.K.R. in real life.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
Also, this is not a direct war. this is a proxy war. Asking 'why doesn't the west go all-in vs Russia' is like asking 'why didn't America go all-in vs Russia in Afghanistan ? Why didn't China go all-in vs USA in vietnam war ?'

The answer is simple : In proxy wars, the puppetmasters do not want to get directly involved.
The main reason being, there is no incentive towards it - why risk your own troops and potentially a direct attack against your country, when you can let someone else do the dirty work ? Proxy wars also allow for carefully calliberated escalation/de-escalation ladders that you do not have in direct war. For eg, USA can (in theory) stop supporting Ukraine when it gets politically inconvinient for it. But if USA was directly at war, political inconvinience is not an option for de-escalation.
Proxy wars also allow for the ruling govt to have immense political manueverability & propaganda value.

And lastly the goals are what matters. Western goal isn't to conquer Russia. Its to degrade its military capability & spark a pro-western insurrection in Russia so the west can install another Yeltsin & rape Russian resources.
For this to happen, it must be a 'frog in a beaker with slowly raising the temperature, so the frog is cooked & the frog doesn't jump out' scenario. Russia must feel its 'futile' to continue this war and seek terms, Russia must not feel that its in existential threat, lest it escalates.

Russian goal is to delete Ukraine as a nation or at the very least, make it a rump state that is the Afghanistan of Europe & a permanent sore spot in Europe's underbelly, while weakening NATO alliance's overarching power- primarily its financial power, on which its military supremacy rests. Again, for this to happen, it cannot seek a quick victory in Ukraine ( lest the west realises trying to prop Ukraine is futile & quickly disengages, keeping its military hardwares intact and not adding to its debt to fund this war).
For the NATO, specifically US financial power to weaken, de-dollarisation must reach critical mass. For that to happen, a significant portion of the west's resources must be tied up 'somewhere else' than addressing the de-dollarisation push. That 'somewhere else' is Ukraine right now.

So to surmise, neither side seeks a quick victory, neither side wants a quick victory. Hence the trickle effect of arms and deployment from both sides.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Sauce: just trust me, bra.

You just accused me of being blatantly biased ( while not being particularly civil about it) and then compared me to fucking Goebbels about it, yet somehow I'm the one that is pissed??!! How the hell does that work??

And an explanation thee shall receive, my child. But I'll be posting it in the Main Battle Tanks and Armour Technology thread so as not to derail this one here.

I give up; all my arguments tremble before the searing logic of your fiery intellect.
Ok My B.. 🌚

Lonewarrior

Country flag
The right question is
"The Boiling Frog Theory"

Just like Putin wants to portray this invasion as a "special military operation to de-nazify Ukraine", the West also wants to portray is a "small military aid of 30 of our 8,000 Abrams"

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
For your info, the MiG-21 in service with India is of the Bison standards, it is the most advanced version of the MiG-21, it is fitted with various goodies, BVR missiles like R-77, Israeli jammer pods to name a few so I would not call it a 3rd generation, neither maybe it could be called as even close to a fourth generation plane either, we can say it is between meaning it is a near 3.5 gen fighter.
The UPG standard Type-88s left in service till 2025 are an upgrade above the bison spec.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles