Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Blood+

Country flag
Yeah man, Arjun is about the only thing from DRDO that I'm glad the army rejected outright (even though, admittedly, they share just as much responsibility for this whole clusterfuck as did the DRDO, perhaps even more). In its present form, its design is worse than the T-90S.

Last edited:

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
They know this very well...even smaller NATO powers like Greece operate more than 200 Leo.

Unless and until they stop sitting on the fence by offering 10-15 of each vehicle instead of either outright denying military assistance or providing as much as they can...numerical disadvantage would beat technical advantage
The same reason the west is giving a trickle of weapons is the same reason Russia isn't going all-in with its military: both sides know that this is a proxy war and both sides run the risk of 'if we commit too much to the proxy war, we fatally weaken ourselves for invasion by the real enemy(each other)'.

Blood+

Country flag
They know this very well...even smaller NATO powers like Greece operate more than 200 Leo.

Unless and until they stop sitting on the fence by offering 10-15 of each vehicle instead of either outright denying military assistance or providing as much as they can...numerical disadvantage would beat technical advantage
While I do agree with the meat of your argument, I don't think a larger number of tanks and AFVs would make all that much of a difference when your whole strategy happens to be just driving at full speed in the general direction of your enemy, through open terrain, and without any air cover.

sachincba

Country flag
>Ukrainian casualties in Zaporozhye ramp up to 1143 KIA. A sizable armor column carrying injured were seen leaving the area. Russian forces are successfully baiting AFU to commit at choke points (link).
>Shoigu visits local bakery to sample the stock (link).
>AFU retreated from the town of Novodonetske, which went back to Russian control.
>AFU's near suicidal Kremmina campaign has become a disaster.
More than half of the light brigades sent were wiped out by the VDV (link).
>BAE systems admits Britain can no longer produce large caliber barrels in sizable quantities. Stored Challenger 2 and AS90s are cannibalized for spare barrels. The only major facility capable of making 120mm tank guns in Nottingham was decommissioned.

>Ukrainian armor losses rapidly mounting up (link). AFU is yet to penetrate the first line of defense (link). And there are 5 lines to go through (link).
>AFU MLRS detachment in Northern Kamenskoye was neutralized by counter battery fire and suicide drones (link).
>6 M113 APCs, 2-3 MRAPs and 9-10 MaxxPro and Senator armored vehicles were seen ferrying out the dead and injured troops from Lobkovoe.
>Ukrainian motorized infantry detachment in Zherebyanka was wiped out while trying drive through a minefield.
>German Chancellor Scholz outright refused to donate any fighter jets to Ukraine.
>AFU's motorized pincer attack on Blahodatne was countered by the defending Russian forces.
>Ka-52 squadron was hunting the two mechanized brigades armed with PT-91 and Leopard tanks at Orkhiv. The 65th mechanized lost 33 tanks.

>Russian 291st Guards Motorized Rifle Regiment countered the advancing AFU SoF unit in Kreminna forest during the night.
>AFU's efforts at Rabotino continues to get pummeled by Russian air power.
AFU reserve forces continue to be thrown at Zaporozhye.

>Germany hasn't built new Leopard hulls in 20 years and is incapable of doing so currently (link).
Why bro. Why. Why so many colours. Makes difficult to read.

Blood+

Country flag
Most western weaponry is overrated. Most Russian weaponry is underrated. Only the Chinese weapons are rightly rated, i.e. shit rated.
Their artillery, rockets, and surface-to-surface missiles appear to be top-notch, (at least on the surface), though—the Chinese, I mean. The rest of their stuff is just meh.

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Why would he?? It's still as much of a steaming pile of horse manure as it used to be when he made his videos.
Yup.. Since the crudely bolted on jugaad that was Mark1A was unveiled, there hasn't been a single design upgrade in a whole decade that went by!

In its present form, its design is worse than the T-90S.
...but if they're anything shittier than Arjun design, it's the T-90, which (get it) is now 25years old tech. 🥲

Blood+

Country flag
...but if they're anything shittier than Arjun design, it's the T-90, which (get it) is now 25years old tech. 🥲
I said the design, not the onboard technology. Techs, as in all those little gizmos, can be swapped out for new ones (well, for the most part anyway), but not the basic structure of the vehicle itself, and it is in that department that Arjun sucks bollocks. And besides, the T-90S shares most of its electronics with Arjun, so that's a moot point.

The only aspect where the Arjun edges out the T-90S is mobility performance, but that ain't saying much since the T-90 is pretty much the worst MBT presently in service when it comes to that; the gearbox design of the T-72/90 line is plain atrocious and should have been replaced a long time ago.

Last edited:

Sanglamorre

Country flag
One thing is clear from this Russia has hard time fighting a nation of 30 million with substandard army. They could have not posed any threat to NATO in anyway. The Russia scare was and is a hoax.
? Russia is fighting the entire West and their lackeys. I think Russia has done exceedingly well considering its fighting alone against USA Europe and Anglosphere and Angloslave countries.

kittoo420

Country flag
Why bro. Why. Why so many colours. Makes difficult to read.
I think he divides each news/line item based on which country he is talking about. Blue is Ukraine, Red is Russsian and so on. Though the scheme has become more complicated over time 😜

Lonewarrior

Country flag
While I do agree with the meat of your argument, I don't think a larger number of tanks and AFVs would make all that much of a difference when your whole strategy happens to be just driving at full speed in the general direction of your enemy, through open terrain, and without any air cover.
Not in technological terms but in numerical terms; as of now 10% of Ukraine total Bradley fleet is gone while engaging one of the five reported lines of defence. If numbers would have been more then it would take much longer time to reach the attrition level of 10%.

As for Western equipment, they're always supposed to used with things like Apaches and Thunderbolts...and here Ukrainians don't even have sufficient mine rollers

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Alright now, my news feed has been filled with various media outlets commenting on Ukraine Airforce's F-16 acquisition, so is it confirmed that Ukraine will get it's hand on a couple of F-16s? From what I have read, the US has given approval for Ukraine to get F-16s, now whether they can acquire some F-16s from the US or some NATO country which is willing to give it's own F-16s if they are having them in the first place and are willing to spare couple of Falcons to the Ukrainians, that is another thing.

But let's assume that Ukrainians get F-16s, so what type of weopons can we expect the Ukrainian F-16s to field? In terms of air-to-air missiles I would expect them to receive AMRAAMS, what versions of AMRAAM might they receive? AIM-120C5? AIM-120D? What sort of ground attack munition would they receive? Paveway series bombs? JDAMs and much more. It would be interesting to see the weopon package provided to Ukraine's F-16s.

So let's assume that the RuAF is going to face F-16s coming in hot, the engagement in my opinion will be limited to BVR most of the times cause F-16s can fire AMRAAMS, this is the age of beyond visual range combat so we will at the most see both sides taking potshots at each other from far away. Russian aircrafts like Su-35, MiG-31s will fire long range AAMs like R-37, and F-16s will fire AMRAAMS, it will be a bloody BVR duel IMO.

Now on the part about countering AMRAAMS then India already has lot of electronic data correlating to the AIM-120C5, we have first hand experience with countering AMRAAMS, courtesy 27th Feb skirmish when PAF F-16s lobbed large volleys of AIM-120s at our Su-30s. The Su-30s managed to evade the AMRAAMS through many ways, some attribute it to Jamming by Israeli jamming pods, kinetically bleeding the missiles, or something else, I will not write entire paragraphs pertaining to this, but I think now India has good experience in countering these missiles should Pak ever try to use them against India in near future. So I think that behind the scenes, we would be sharing all this with Russian authorities, so that they too will be able to counter these missiles when Ukrainian F-16s fire AMRAAMS at their Jets. Keep in this mind, we might share the tactics for countering AIM-120C5, not AIM-120D cause we have never faced off against the D version.

Master Chief

Country flag
Not in technological terms but in numerical terms; as of now 10% of Ukraine total Bradley fleet is gone while engaging one of the five reported lines of defence. If numbers would have been more then it would take much longer time to reach the attrition level of 10%.

As for Western equipment, they're always supposed to used with things like Apaches and Thunderbolts...and here Ukrainians don't even have sufficient mine rollers
I think maybe Zelensky is setting the stage for the next round of begging.. Apache, Viper, F- Shola .. more mobile AD.. for the ultimate victory..

Yeh dil mange more...:cool1:

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Alright now, my news feed has been filled with various media outlets commenting on Ukraine Airforce's F-16 acquisition, so is it confirmed that Ukraine will get it's hand on a couple of F-16s? From what I have read, the US has given approval for Ukraine to get F-16s, now whether they can acquire some F-16s from the US or some NATO country which is willing to give it's own F-16s if they are having them in the first place and are willing to spare couple of Falcons to the Ukrainians, that is another thing.

But let's assume that Ukrainians get F-16s, so what type of weopons can we expect the Ukrainian F-16s to field? In terms of air-to-air missiles I would expect them to receive AMRAAMS, what versions of AMRAAM might they receive? AIM-120C5? AIM-120D? What sort of ground attack munition would they receive? Paveway series bombs? JDAMs and much more. It would be interesting to see the weopon package provided to Ukraine's F-16s.

So let's assume that the RuAF is going to face F-16s coming in hot, the engagement in my opinion will be limited to BVR most of the types cause F-16s can fire AMRAAMS, this is the age of beyond visual range combat so we will at the most see both sides taking potshots at each other from far away. Russian aircrafts like Su-35, MiG-31s will fire long range AAMs like R-37, and F-16s will fire AMRAAMS, it will be a bloody BVR duel IMO.

Now on the part about countering AMRAAMS then India already has lot of electronic data correlating to the AIM-120C5, we have first hand experience with countering AMRAAMS, courtesy 27th Feb skirmish when PAF F-16s lobbed large volleys of AIM-120s at our Su-30s. The Su-30s managed to evade the AMRAAMS through many ways, some attribute it to Jamming by Israeli jamming pods, kinetically bleeding the missiles, or something else, I will not write entire paragraphs pertaining to this, but I think now India has good experience in countering these missiles should Pak ever try to use them against India in near future. So I think that behind the scenes, we would be sharing all this with Russian authorities, so that they too will be able to counter these missiles when Ukrainian F-16s fire AMRAAMS at their Jets.
Again, if you think F-16 is going to get downed in a dogfight you're simply showing how naive you are

1. F-16s would force the Russian CAPs to fire their missiles, especially the Axeheads from even further distance.

Even now the MiGs and Su simply fire Axeheads from way within the border and break away...but it simply makes the missile less effective because of the distance and presence of so many ground based radar. But now the Russians pilots would start to have paranoia about F-16s and AMRAAMs resulting in them firing from the max range of 400km; further diminishing the performance. (If this sounds weird then remember what happened during Pakistani raid on our side, they're sacred of SAM so much that they dropped bombs from as far as possible resulting in poor accuracy)

2. F-16s would seriously mess up the Russian air defence network.

Even now the condition of Russian ADN is not what they've been boasting about since ages; Putin admitting shortcomings, Storm Shadows flying unchallenged, SAMs getting targeted. And all this is happening without a single Wild Weasels taking place from Ukrainian side. With simply dialing in frequencies in HARM before flight they are able to counter the most advanced AD system...imagine what would happen when proper SEAD and DEAD starts to take place.

In cold war the upper hand in SAM technology was with Russia. So to counter this USAF invested heavily in SEAD and DEAD capabilities. A single pair of F-16 with HARMs, EW pod and MALDs can wreck havoc on ADs.

3. This brings to the third point. Russians would respond to this by either switching their radars off or moving ADs further inside the border. This would deprive other HVTs of proper air cover. JDAMs, JSOWs, SDBs and GBUs all will start slowly chipping away important assets.

The whole front line would be in a dilemma; if the move in things like Buks - Pantsir to protect the frontline they'd get engaged in Wild Weasels and if move back then to have AD assets for long run they'd lose HVTs to PGMs.

4. The Black Sea fleet would be start to move back. This would happen even before any attack just by the psychological effect of F-16s armed with Harpoons and drones providing decoys. They've seen what happened to Moskva with such limited resources...now they can project force in much more refined way.

See I gave you four points on how F-16s would affect and none of them included the word "dogfight".

(PS : Lijiye @SwordOfDarkness , aapke liye DRDO waala LoneWarrior)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles