Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
majority of weapons provided are old used weapons nothing top of the line, but when govt is
opening the wallet they pay top of the line prices.
Yes, majority of the Weopons which the US is providing Ukraine is actually from its own stock reserves, If I am not wrong, a lot of them are very old and almost at the end of their shelf life so better to be used against Russia then to go to waste. This way Ukraine is able to get surplus arms, and US military gives newer orders to fill out the vacancy of the arms supplied to Ukraine.

Knowitall

A Ukrainian offensive seems to be brewing at the horizon.

The Russians winter offensive offensive or what was supposed to be an offensive seems to be stuck around bakhmut and other regions.

ww2historian

Country flag
Precisely - whole video is just a poorly executed RuSSian fake. :yo:
Do you know that for sure? I was wondering what languages were being spoken, I take it that the lady was speaking Russian, and the guy yelling at her was speaking Ukrainian, but he understood Russian well. I think that because he called her a pig for not speaking the native language. The geo-location could of also of been faked. Who knows for sure, that's why I try and always look at the big picture, and the big time frame of what's happening on the battlefield, politically, and economically.

ww2historian

Country flag

The Russians winter offensive offensive or what was supposed to be an offensive seems to be stuck around bakhmut and other regions.

What happened during the Kharkov offensive is why they are nervous, but things have changed so much since then. Also during the Kherson offensive the Ukrainians lost a lot of soldiers, way more than the Russians. Although it was a good victory, and Kherson was good strategic city because it was a strong foothold over the Dnipro river, it came at too great a cost, and Russia could of held it if they wanted too IMO. I personally think the Russians should not of retreated, but they did preserve their forces. The Russians decided around September to make this a long war of attrition and to take no risks, because time is 100% on their side. I can't criticize that strategy, because it involves almost no risk. If the Ukrainians are successful and score a total victory by taking Crimea, then the Russians really were a second grade military. To me Syria was already a good testing ground of NATO equipment and strategy against Russian equipment and strategy, and Russia won that battle IMO. So I can't realistically see a Ukrainian victory.

kittoo420

Country flag
What happened during the Kharkov offensive is why they are nervous, but things have changed so much since then. Also during the Kherson offensive the Ukrainians lost a lot of soldiers, way more than the Russians. Although it was a good victory, and Kherson was good strategic city because it was a strong foothold over the Dnipro river, it came at too great a cost, and Russia could of held it if they wanted too IMO. I personally think the Russians should not of retreated, but they did preserve their forces. The Russians decided around September to make this a long war of attrition and to take no risks, because time is 100% on their side. I can't criticize that strategy, because it involves almost no risk. If the Ukrainians are successful and score a total victory by taking Crimea, then the Russians really were a second grade military. To me Syria was already a good testing ground of NATO equipment and strategy against Russian equipment and strategy, and Russia won that battle IMO. So I can't realistically see a Ukrainian victory.
Historian bhai, just a suggestion. Please use 'could have', 'would have' etc instead of 'could of', 'would of'. I know I know, grammar nazi and all, but 'could of' doesn't make any sense and ruins otherwise very informative posts. Just my humble opinion.

Ylside

Country flag
Do you know that for sure? I was wondering what languages were being spoken, I take it that the lady was speaking Russian, and the guy yelling at her was speaking Ukrainian, but he understood Russian well. I think that because he called her a pig for not speaking the native language. The geo-location could of also of been faked.
Yes, pretty sure. After the geolocation of the incident got published, Anatoly Sharij asked one of his contacts in Donetsk to drive to the geolocated spot anear Makeevka and published video from the ride for comparison. It was a 100% match

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
>New US drone routes over Black Sea limit intel gathering. Drones no longer fly as deep.
>Kremlin eases ammunition supply.
>Ukrainian Su-27 downed in air to air kill. Pilot KIA. Adversary is likely a Su-57. The Ukrainian fighter was on an attack mission, flying at low altitude.
>For months Estonia has been siphoning off money from the EU fund meant to pay for equipment and arms donated to Ukraine. Diplomats from other Member States have described this practice as sanctimonious behavior by Estonia. "They are sending their scraps to Ukraine and buying brand new material for themselves, financed with EU money".
>Estonia has kept Stinger missiles, meant for Ukraine, for themselves and sent old Strelas to Ukraine. Most of this stock is "beyond the expiry date".
>Ukraine has lost almost 30,000 soldiers in Bakhmut - Ukrainian frontline troopers admit on camera.
>Muradov, commander of the Eastern Group of Russian troops was fired.
>Russia has started to rebuild Mariupol, as it establishes a permanent command center and garrison.
>Russian forces have reportedly now taken out a total 58 HIMARS launchers in January 2023.

>Ukraine is yet to receive the first GLSDB shipment.
>Ukrainian HIMARS strike on a locomotive depo in Russian controlled Melitopol. No casualties reported.
>Pantsir SAM has proven to be 90% effective against a saturated HIMARS barrage. Recent reports of successful interception in Berdyansk, Svatove and Volnovakha.

>Actor Mark Hamill is lending his Luke Skywalker voice to an app that warns Ukrainians to take cover whenever Russia firebombs their country.
>Russia halts all nuclear information exchange with US. It came as the Russian military conducted drills of its strategic missile forces, deploying mobile launchers in Siberia in a show of the country's nuclear capability amid the fighting in Ukraine.
>American based multinational consortiums have owned 40% of Ukraine's arable farmlands since 2014. The deal was struck after the coup and removal of Yanukovych.
>Zelensky has stressed the importance of the battle for Bakhmut in an interview with the AP news agency. Should Russia take the city, it could "sell this victory to the West, its society, China and Iran" and rally international support for a deal that could force Ukraine to make unacceptable compromises. Ukraine's Defeat in the battle for Bakhmut will be a political defeat and a loss of face.
>Ukrainian claims of shooting down a Su-24M near Bakhmut could not be verified.
>Nearly 700,000 requests from Ukrainians to travel to Canada. Around 420,000 applications have already been approved so far. Only 19% of these applications are minors and elderly. (Rest are reportedly draft dodgers and women hunting for husbands). Canada is receiving 14,000 applications a week from Ukrainians.
>Russian MIC geared up to produce 1,500 MBTs in 2023. A combination of T-72B3M and T-90M Proryv-3 standard tanks are selected for production.
>Ukraine has lost 60% of it's GDP. Without a steady stream of Western money the country cannot sustain itself for another year.
>AFU is retrofitting the Leopart 2s with Kontakt-1 ERA.
Image link
>Ukraine has lost most of the M777 howitzers it received.
>Polish farmers heavily protest the entry of cheap Ukrainian grain, Polish authorities ask EU to limit the import of such grain to EU.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
[QUOTE="Corvus Splendens, post: 2466502, m
>Nearly 700,000 requests from Ukrainians to travel to Canada. Around 420,000 applications have already been approved so far. Only 19% of these applications are minors and elderly. (Rest are reportedly draft dodgers and women hunting for husbands). Canada is receiving 14,000 applications a week from Ukrainians.
[/QUOTE]

Punjabian nu quota kha Gaya si Ukranians. Kya hoga ab Khalistan ka😭😭

Kanedda kaise javanga😭😭

ww2historian

Country flag
Yes, pretty sure. After the geolocation of the incident got published, Anatoly Sharij asked one of his contacts in Donetsk to drive to the geolocated spot anear Makeevka and published video from the ride for comparison. It was a 100% match

I can only speak for myself. If I'm going to remain objective and unbiased, I would have to say I'm not convinced one way or another. That being said it wouldn't surprise me if the Russians faked this, or if this really was the Ukrainians. One thing I did notice was all the pro Russian people believed it was real, and all the pro Ukrainian people thought it was faked. That was not a surprise to me.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
At this rate we will soon see the Russians take out the T-34 calling it a great tank.

So much for Russian modernization and tank factories.

The same thing happened with t-62s all in all it does seem that Russia has suffered significant tank losses.
Maybe they are going to keep all the more advanced tanks such as T-90, T-14 (Not really sure if T-14 is even being used in this conflict, I haven't checked on that) etc. for later on, T-90s are being used actively though by the Russians. Let them use whatever tanks they want to use, as long as they can work and destroy the Ukrainians and serve their purpose, it's fine to me, be it T-62s, T-34s etc.

RocketMan

Country flag
Many hard-core Pro Russia accounts still believe that the Marde Mujahid Russian Army can still reach Spain once they get their MOJO back..
Russia army is not even 5% as powerful as Soviet Red army , a combined force capable of breaching fulda gap & rushing to River Rhine in 7 days . That capability of Deep battle, air superiority & Naval might is long gone . Russia 🪆 is at most a middle power (like France etc).

1200px-Soviet_big_7.jpg

rus1.jpg

Blademaster

That is because they want to kill the Ukrainian offensive first and deprive Ukraine of any remaining manpower and leave it open for more Russian advances.

"you can have an army without a country but you cannot have a country without an army" - unknown author

Blademaster

Maybe they are going to keep all the more advanced tanks such as T-90, T-14 (Not really sure if T-14 is even being used in this conflict, I haven't checked on that) etc. for later on, T-90s are being used actively though by the Russians. Let them use whatever tanks they want to use, as long as they can work and destroy the Ukrainians and serve their purpose, it's fine to me, be it T-62s, T-34s etc.
They are saving their best tanks to meet the more advanced NATO tanks that Ukraine has received which makes sense. You want to preserve your best equipment unless necessary. That way you avoid unnecessary wear and tear and you can make sure that they are ready when you need them to. It is called being economical with resources and that's a viable military strategy.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Scuds and drones will fail without real-time intel on Ukrainian air defence grids which NATO's IAMD backs.

Only 4 out of 25 drones were made into hitting their so-called intended targets. One they say went astray due to non-military interception.

If I were a Russian General I will work on long-range small dynamic artillery attacks to soften multiple frontiers. And keep doing it to achieve similar objectives that they now appear to claim with high attrition.

Anyhow from the very first week itself, I gave very bad scores to Russian Generals. I still don't know what they are doing and what are their objectives.

The longer it gets worst it will become. A statemate for an invading force = defeat.

Loitering attack Drones are overrated. They won’t survive highly contested charging or manoeuvring armoured + infantry battlefield.

AnantS

Country flag

Knowitall

That is because they want to kill the Ukrainian offensive first and deprive Ukraine of any remaining manpower and leave it open for more Russian advances.

"you can have an army without a country but you cannot have a country without an army" - unknown author
Time will tell that.

The frontline has been static and the last major offensive was the Ukrainian kharkov and kharkiv offensive.

At this point I would wait and watch.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Ya'll Nibbiars The Air India MD Campbell Wilson about the airline using the Russian Airspace : “Thats the way winds are blowing and it is the most economical”. "If Country A and B are having a conflict, then Country A insists Country C to do X, Y and Z. Thats a precedent that I think we all need to be careful of”. “I absolutely don’t sanction or condone or support the conflict but aviation is probably the biggest enabler of global peace and connectivity”.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles