Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

ww2historian

Country flag
Oh, my sweet summer child, do you really believe that there is always a "good side" and "bad side" in any war? And that the crimes of Soviets are automatically forgiven cos they were untimately betrayed by their Nazi allies? Maybe you should educate yourself - Gulag Archipelago by Alexander Solzhenytsin ois a good start.

View attachment 198008
Stalin was not forgiven, but the Russian people themselves did not need to be forgiven because they didn't do anything wrong in the first place. You are stupid enough not to separate a few evil leaders from the common people themselves. Molotov was evil, and so was Stalin, but Germany was the ones who broke the peace, and yes, Russia at that time was at peace with everyone including Japan. Tens of millions of innocent Russians died because of Germany. You don't seem to get that. You instead talk about stupid shit.

NutCracker

Country flag
In 20 years, the Chinese will live in Siberia. :)
A smart person understands that it doesn't matter to me what kind of weapon allows you to destroy the invaders - be it Pakistani rockets or Russian AK.
Nah.. Chinese gen Z are single child, highly pampered ones , it will be hard for CCP to even contain them to live inside China, let alone convince them to live in Siberia.

ww2historian

Country flag
Oh, my sweet summer child, do you really believe that there is always a "good side" and "bad side" in any war? And that the crimes of Soviets are automatically forgiven cos they were untimately betrayed by their Nazi allies? Maybe you should educate yourself - Gulag Archipelago by Alexander Solzhenytsin ois a good start.

View attachment 198008
I'm some what familiar with that author. It's not at all interesting, just another boring display of human nature. Just like the Reign of terror in the French revolution. We see all humans are part of human nature, which is twisted and evil, mostly because of a lust for power by a few. I think the best leaders are the ones who don't lust for power, and that's a problem in itself, because they never lead. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reign_of_Terror

Akim

Professional
Country flag
It is clear that this is to prepare for the parade on May 9, but against the background of the trains with the T-54, it looks ridiculous.

ww2historian

Country flag
It is clear that this is to prepare for the parade on May 9, but against the background of the trains with the T-54, it looks ridiculous.
The T-54 could easily take out a leopard 1 tank, and you know it. Ukraine is getting a 100 leopard 1 tanks. You are going to have egg on your stupid face when they show a video of T-54 taking out one of those tin cans.
"Lacking the tungsten or uranium elements that make modern tanks’ armor mixes especially tough, the Leopard 1 is so lightly protected that, in 2023, some observers don’t even categorize it as a “tank.” Rather, they consider it a “mobile gun.”

indiatester

Country flag
Here's a quick summary. Bakhmut has become a positive thing, because it's just like Mariupol, it pinned down the Russians. Anyway to me it's become an infantry fight within the city. Supplies are severely cutoff for Ukrainian soldiers in the center of the city. However Ukrainian propaganda states that the Wagners are the ones low on supplies. Are they somehow cutoff like the Ukrainians? It's good for a laugh if nothing else.
Russia has only committed Wagner for Bakhmut with VDV etc on flanks right?
How is that pinning down the Russian?

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
I'll add turpentine to the Indians. If they call us "European Pakistan" here, then keep penis on face: Pakistani Yarmuk rockets in the Grad MLRS.
View attachment 197949
Nothing new, they are willing to sell yo anyone nowadays.i have seen dozens of these pics.
It's yarmouk rocket, made Wah cantt ordanace factory probably.i will suggest you to Order more, you will need them .

ww2historian

Country flag
Russia has only committed Wagner for Bakhmut with VDV etc on flanks right?
How is that pinning down the Russian?
The Ukrainians have to some how twist this disaster into something positive. I guess I should rethink that maybe the German defeat a Stalingrad was a positive for Germany, because it pinned down the Russians for awhile.

indiatester

Country flag
The Ukrainians have to some how twist this disaster into something positive. I guess I should rethink that maybe the German defeat a Stalingrad was a positive for Germany, because it pinned down the Russians for awhile.
Good one!

ww2historian

Country flag
This isn't good...AND it was also published in the New York Times.
"The Biden administration sends weapons and money but not professional troops. That means people who would not be allowed anywhere near the battlefield in a U.S.-led war are active on the Ukrainian front — often with unchecked access to weapons and military equipment.

Many of the volunteers who hurried to Ukraine did so selflessly and acted with heroism. Some have lost their lives. Foreigners have rescued civilians, aided the wounded and fought ferociously alongside Ukrainians. Others raised money for crucial supplies." https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2023/03/26/world/ukraine-foreign-volunteers/

Akim

Professional
Country flag
The T-54 could easily take out a leopard 1 tank, and you know it. Ukraine is getting a 100 leopard 1 tanks. You are going to have egg on your stupid face when they show a video of T-54 taking out one of those tin cans.
"Lacking the tungsten or uranium elements that make modern tanks’ armor mixes especially tough, the Leopard 1 is so lightly protected that, in 2023, some observers don’t even categorize it as a “tank.” Rather, they consider it a “mobile gun.”
I already said something similar when trains from Grad-1 were driven here. But I repeat:
There is much more pressure in a tank barrel than in a howitzer barrel, so it can shoot half as much. We are given Leo-1A5, where the control system is like that of Leo-2A4. In the T-54, there is no FCS at all. They are waiting for the fate of captured T-62s, which we are converting into ARVs.

ww2historian

Country flag
This isn't good...AND it was also published in the New York Times.
"The Biden administration sends weapons and money but not professional troops. That means people who would not be allowed anywhere near the battlefield in a U.S.-led war are active on the Ukrainian front — often with unchecked access to weapons and military equipment.

Many of the volunteers who hurried to Ukraine did so selflessly and acted with heroism. Some have lost their lives. Foreigners have rescued civilians, aided the wounded and fought ferociously alongside Ukrainians. Others raised money for crucial supplies." https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2023/03/26/world/ukraine-foreign-volunteers/
This is a interesting thread.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
I already said something similar when trains from Grad-1 were driven here. But I repeat:
There is much more pressure in a tank barrel than in a howitzer barrel, so it can shoot half as much. We are given Leo-1A5, where the control system is like that of Leo-2A4. In the T-54, there is no FCS at all. They are waiting for the fate of captured T-62s, which we are converting into ARVs.
fire rate is one of the factors that determine the outcome of a tank battle. the other is armor. T-54s don't need to fire as often as the Leo-1A5, when Leo-1A5 is made outta cardboard.

Ylside

Country flag
Btw, now that winter is definitely over, how would you evaluate Russian missile campaign targeting Ukrainian power grid with the objective to throw the country into cold and darkness and cause the collapse of Ukrainian rear? Were those 1000 cruise missiles spent well?

ww2historian

Country flag
Btw, now that winter is definitely over, how would you evaluate Russian missile campaign targeting Ukrainian power grid with the objective to throw the country into cold and darkness and cause the collapse of Ukrainian rear? Were those 1000 cruise missiles spent well?
How many missiles did Ukraine use to try and shoot them down? Most of those missiles targeted ammo depots, and military bases. Ukraine is running low on missiles, ammo, fuel, and men, while Russia keeps getting stronger, and has mobilized almost a million reserves.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles