Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
France extracted its pound of flesh for building those hospitals etc.

Compensate for the damage or stop talking about the 'development' you brought as a colonial power.

I didn't bring it up. It was the manner in which you justified it by stating .. 'oh we civilized these barbarians...' is what prompted me to post here.

If counter arguments are not palatable, don't glorify or justify colonialism, at least on a pro Indian forum.

I have nothing personal against you but its the way colonialists justify their actions by pointing at some form of 'development' they brought to the occupied land.
I didn't glorify or justify colonialism. I just say it is the past, and I can't be judged for acts made by people died before I was born !
And I say that some country evolved mainly during this moment and far less since. Algeria for exemple.

kittoo420

Country flag
And Europe lost cheap gas, advantage in many industries, has accelerated towards deindustrialization, is losing wealth all the while inheriting massive costs of arming (and later redeveloping) Ukraine, a new migrant crisis etc. At the same time it's still importing Russian fuel, only routed through other countries such as India.

Only US and China are the winners here, at the cost of Russia AND Europe.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
I didn't glorify or justify colonialism. I just say it is the past, and I can't be judged for acts made by people died before I was born !
And I say that some country evolved mainly during this moment and far less since. Algeria for exemple.
What part of 'France is a colonial power today, where it gets colonial era advantages in West Africa, DIRECTLY controlling their resources, by DIRECTLY controlling their treasury and without this colonial power privilege, France would be as good as italy is today, as admitted by Jacques Chirac' did you not understand ?

France is the last real colonial empire left on the planet.

You took more from Algeria than you gave back. Just like ALL colonial powers did. The reason for colonialism was resource extraction or exporting & settling your social underclass. Thats it. nothing else. Since the latter didn't happen in Algeria, its the former. You took more from Algeria than you gave back.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
Nazis didn't have the time that the Colonial powers had .. Maybe if they had a few more decades, they would have aced it.. :)
maybe's are all fun and cool, but it does not trump what is. And what is, is that the English, the Spanish, the Turks(not Turkey Turks but real actual central asian turks) and the French are the biggest genocidal barbarian pirates of the last 1000 years. In that order.
They all quite easily trump the Mongols in bloodshed and tyranny.

Blademaster

maybe's are all fun and cool, but it does not trump what is. And what is, is that the English, the Spanish, the Turks(not Turkey Turks but real actual central asian turks) and the French are the biggest genocidal barbarian pirates of the last 1000 years. In that order.
They all quite easily trump the Mongols in bloodshed and tyranny.
The Spanish by far, then the English and their progeny, the Americans, and then the French and Germans. Mongols came afterwards. Belgians were also bad too.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
The Spanish by far, then the English and their progeny, the Americans, and then the French and Germans. Mongols came afterwards. Belgians were also bad too.
No, its the English, by far. they murdered ~70 million Indians in the various Indian holodomors. That number overtakes the Spaniards by far, not to mention, most of the native americans were killed off by the English (the 7 colonies area was the most densely populated part of USA pre-columbus). Then come the Spaniards and their killings in the americas. The turks come next, thanks again, to their jihads in India. Then comes the Frogs.

Shaan123

Country flag
Hello Boris , Where are ya? You little bastard ! :rofl:
Dear Sepoys, even your most trustworthy media outlet has following to say :pound:

The UK economy will shrink and perform worse than other advanced economies, including Russia, as the cost of living continues to hit households, the International Monetary Fund has said. Even sanctions-hit Russia is now forecast to grow this year.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles