Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

ww2historian

Country flag
Some people believe that NATO is calling all the shots, and making all the strategic military decisions in Ukraine. If this is true then Bakhmut is a very strategically important city, otherwise they would of withdrawn from Bakhmut by now. I personally think that NATO is advising Zelensky, but in the end I believe Zelensky gets to make the final decisions. In the case of Bakhmut it's a real dilemma, it's the same in chess when you have a lost position, but you have to make a move, but there are no good moves. Zelensky is in way over his head. He's a bad chess player playing against a master who now has a winning position. I think a lot about all the pain, suffering and death that's happening, and what's the most frustrating thing is it was 100% avoidable, but I believe the west didn't want to avoid it. They wanted to promote it, and the pawns counties never seem to learn from that, and never will.

Blademaster

Zelensky is a actor with no real world experience. An actor who's delusional ego is being enabled and enlarged by most of the world including most of his profession, (S. Penn, Ben Stiller, and he spoke at the Oscars) and world leaders. Look what S. Penn said about him...."He's found his purpose in life, I saw it in his eyes, Ukraine can win this because Zelensky is destined for greatness. Back to the real world, Zelensky overinflated ego will pop, and when it does, I'm going to enjoy that moment.
Me along with you.

Ylside

Country flag
Some people believe that NATO is calling all the shots, and making all the strategic military decisions in Ukraine. If this is true then Bakhmut is a very strategically important city, otherwise they would of withdrawn from Bakhmut by now.
Why should Ukraine withdraw from Bakhmut? Wagnerites've been banging their heads against the city defenses since July, with very limited successes. The city is heavily fortified, with numerous lines of defenses.

Is there something inherently wrong with Bakhmut as a definsive position, some reason to think that Ukraine would have better odds if it had withdrawn and setup defense further to the west? If not, there is no reason to withdraw - just to hold and try to bleed attackers as much as possible. After all, its basically the only place where are Russians pushing, with news from their "great Ivanivka offensive" diasppearing from news lately.

ww2historian

Country flag
Why should Ukraine withdraw from Bakhmut? Wagnerites've been banging their heads against the city defenses since July, with very limited successes. The city is heavily fortified, with numerous lines of defenses.

Is there something inherently wrong with Bakhmut as a definsive position, some reason to think that Ukraine would have better odds if it had withdrawn and setup defense further to the west? If not, there is no reason to withdraw - just to hold and try to bleed attackers as much as possible. After all, its basically the only place where are Russians pushing, with news from their "great Ivanivka offensive" diasppearing from news lately.
I'm taking a guess you think the Russians are losing more men than Ukraine. Most sources including western sources is showing evidence that Ukraine is losing many more troops than Russia. In the unlikely scenario you're correct then it might make sense to defend Baktmut. Although it was reported that Zelensky was advised Baktmut is in danger of becoming tactically encircled.

Ylside

Country flag
I'm taking a guess you think the Russians are losing more men than Ukraine. Most sources including western sources is showing evidence that Ukraine is losing many more troops than Russia. In the unlikely scenario you're correct then it might make sense to defend Baktmut. Although it was reported that Zelensky was advised Baktmut is in danger of becoming tactically encircled.
Not saying that Russia is losing more, but saw no proof that Ukraine is losing "many more troops". Most sources actually claim that it's a meat grinder with heavy losses for both sides. For example, front update from Girkin:

"to the north, Wagner continues to smash their foreheads against the fortifications of Ukrs in the Artemovsk (Bakhmut) region, achieving minor tactical successes. There are heavy losses on both sides, but there are practically no chances for a breakthrough."
which kinda makes sense. Russia is the one who has to attack, but attacking well-fortified positions without proper air support or sufficient amount of guided ammo is always a messy business. Even Ukrainian sources I follow agree that while shelling in Bakhmut is bad and Russians have, as usually, advantage in quantity, it's nowhere near as intensive as Severodonetsk area in the early summer - Russians were not yet able to concentrate as much artillery as before.

The Shrike

Country flag
Which countries do you think have maximized benefit from this war up till now?

My ranking -

1. Turkey
2. USA
3. Qatar
4. Iran
5. India
How is India benefiting? IMO we are one of the biggest loosers in the war (at least in short to medium term).

The Shrike

Country flag
simple reason y i support Ukraine

'the omen' is one of my favourite movies . feel blessed to see antichrist born in my time.
True that, he has birthmark in the shape of 666, which only Putin was able to identify...
... using secret KGB de-censoring tech.
666.jpg

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
How is India benefiting? IMO we are one of the biggest loosers in the war (at least in short to medium term).
India being energy dependent and having to import massive quantities of it can do so by buying it off Russia that too on a discount.

No expensive long term contracts needing to be signed and compete with Europe and Asia for it and on top of it refine the crude and export to the world.

+ Finding new markets for our agricultural products, military artifacts and fertilizers.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles