Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Rudra7678

Country flag
Problem is if Russia keeps going like this (from his today's speech it seems like he wants to reconstruct soviet union), and we are the only major country buying weaponry from them and have close defence ties with them, then Western countries will make sure not to provide us with any advanced civilian or military tech, heck they might even freeze FTA negotiations due to that. And the thing is with current trend Russia is falling behind China in defence tech, so we can't rely on them 100% either.
Don't worry, nothing will happen. Soviet Union is not coming back, at least not in near future or our lifetime. India-Russia/SU defense ties are more than 60 years old and that has not stopped India from buying military hardware from the west, even at the height of cold war. In fact, everything comes down to business.. You have the money, I have something to sell you, end of story.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Looks like the Russians are moving in??

Cheran

Country flag
Donbass republics ratify treaties with Russia - The move comes hours after Moscow backed their independence

The breakaway republics in Donetsk and Lugansk have ratified a friendship and assistance treaty with Moscow, formally opening the door to receiving military and financial support, after Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a decree recognizing their independence.

Illusive

Country flag
Try that equation putting China and US.

US power is waning, and world order is slowly changing and this tussle is basically like going back to the 1900's when there are multiple dogs trying to show their dominance till a alpha is decided.

If our thought process is of choosing sides then we can forget about our position as a major power.

India needs to be proactive, use every opportunity of these distractions, weather its changing laws within and making inroads in other countries. Never forget, all of them are our potential enemies, all of them are our potential allies.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Lol plz. Just because he is not -ve IQ like you, you don't need to insult him.
So you want India to oppose Russia and risk our military modernisation for Ukraine, a country that supplies arms to Pakistan.

What kind of a retard are you? That guy is a member of ORF. Tells you about the kind of Kursi Nashin Indian he is.

Blank

Country flag
This is my personal opinion, but I think atleast currently we need the west more then Russia. By west, I don't mean the USA. We have US as one of our largest trading partner. Central government is trying to expand our export basket. We are negotiating FTAs with EU, UK, Australia. We are dependent on US for the GE engines. SJha said there are contingency plans. But any sort of delays in this delicate time when Tejas is starting to shine will be pretty bad.

We are also looking for more engines for AMCA. Collaboration with Safran or RR is a possibility. SJha said we are anymore not being denied some parts of military like earlier. Then there is the SSN. Rumours are we are talking about it with France.

On the other hand, trendwise - Russian military is a bit outdated. And our armed forces are slowly losing interests in it. It's slow but it becoming noticeable. In this entire thing, Russia is pretty confident that they have Chinas back. It doesn't matter what we think, but they believe it that way, so it speaks something.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Asia me ant me teen hi desh rehne dena hai ~
1) Akhand Russia
2) Akhand Bharat
3) Akhand China
Le bc 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
That is the only correct path. The world is ruled by a handful of superpowers, and all other small states are either in alliance/client states or conquered.

Europe conquers world -> Fall of Europe -> Creation of weak independent states -> Bigger states swallow smaller states -> Asian giants conquers the world.

This is the natural flow.

Don't forget Japan

Ancient power waiting to rise

If only Chinese contains there Hegemonic ambitions and solve disputes with Japanese and India

Asia can lead the world geopolitics for next century

But Chinese ambition is higher than Himalayas

They are more arrogant than Muricans
Japan is done for. They lack human resources. Unless they figure out mecha-soldiers doing their fighting, Japan will not stand an endurance battle.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
IDK, third line of reserves..... Cant be called up non voluntarily. If he is in army, he would have gone of own will.

Also martial law might prohibit forum and Osint stuff, Ukraine put out declarations asking ppl to stop Osint stuff as it aided russian intel.
He is lame in one leg, also old (40+) if I remember. He should just sit at home, drink vodka and stare at the TV, just like us.

But if he joined voluntarily, can't blame him, I would have done it if I were in his shoes.

Knowitall

So can we assume that Russia will stop here or are they still gunning for ukraine.

Shuturmurg

Country flag
So you want India to oppose Russia and risk our military modernisation for Ukraine, a country that supplies arms to Pakistan.

What kind of a retard are you? That guy is a member of ORF. Tells you about the kind of Kursi Nashin Indian he is.
That's not what sushant sareen said. He like me thinks we are moving towards a somewhat bipolar world (2 major powers+regional powers), with russia as a spoiler state (a bigger, nuclear powered Iran ). In that scenario, Russia will be heavily sanctioned, and its military tech will be inferior to China and its economy has already largely de-industrialized.

Now, given this scenario and given the fact we cannot be allied with China, the west will seek concessions from us wrt Russia, for giving us military tech (aircraft engines, etc), civilian tech, integrating with supply chains and signing FTA's with us. At that point we might have to make some difficult choices.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles