Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

temujin

Country flag
thats probably what US is aiming for , but that will be bad outcome for everyone including Russians .
Absolutely- the whole of Europe plunging into recession, inflation in double digits and expected to stay there for years, looming sovereign debt crisis, increasing joblessness, civil unrest- whilst US enjoys a relatively strong economy, full employment, falling inflation, moderating fuel prices (local production plus depression in Europe). The US is aiming to finish off Russia as well as the EU (which has an economy roughly comparable in size and an independent foreign policy vis a vis China and Russia) in one fell swoop, cannibalise the European economy and create a genuinely unipolar world. The most scandalous bit for me as a UK resident is the complicity of this country's establishment with America's grand plan to annihilate Europe, despite this guaranteeing economic collapse and significant hardship for the UK population too.

Kumaoni

Actually Britain was bombed till 1944. Later in war Germans started mainly using V1 and V2.
Throughout the war Germans carried out air-raids on British targets to degrade the British war-fighting capabilities.
The purpose of Battle of Britain was to achieve total air dominance over Britain (atleast the English Channel) for a potential amphibious and airborne assault on Britain.
By September-October 1940 it was evident that total air dominance couldn't be achieve over Britain which eventually led to cancelling Operation Sea Lion.
While Battle of Britain was in progress Operation Barbarossa was not considered on strategic or operational level.
If not for German arrogance German–Soviet Axis talks would have been successful and soviets would have joined Axis.
You can thank Indian Soldiers for saving your British Masters.

And I have ZERO idea what you are talking about "Soviets joining the axis". Maybe you should read about what Hitler thought of the Russian/Slavic race hahaha. To facists, their worst enemy is communists, and vice versa.

Kumaoni

This is the exact sort of thing I'd expect Russia to do on Day 1, but I'm seeing Ukraine do this instead
Russian military is highly corrupt. It is blatantly clear that Putin fears a coup, or some military takeover, so he has only yes men serving his army brass. Those with any sort of military competence were barred from taking over, else you would have seen:
a). The invasion happen in 2014 itself
b). The invasion happen later when Russia fully recovered and developed its military from the fall of the USSR.

Also, Putins reluctance to declare war on Ukraine constraints the amount of soldiers he can throw on Ukraine, hence, while he might be throwing more tanks and artillery, he does not have the manpower to hold captured land.

I will say though, Russian officers at Lt. Col- 2nd Lt. level have been able to adjust and score several tactical victories, and not get knocked out of the fight yet, despite having a hilariously incompetent army brass.

Ukraine and the West can thank the corrupt nature of the Russian military, rather than their mythical resistance which is laughable and a joke.

maximus777

Country flag
Russian military is highly corrupt. It is blatantly clear that Putin fears a coup, or some military takeover, so he has only yes men serving his army brass. Those with any sort of military competence were barred from taking over, else you would have seen:
a). The invasion happen in 2014 itself
b). The invasion happen later when Russia fully recovered and developed its military from the fall of the USSR.

Also, Putins reluctance to declare war on Ukraine constraints the amount of soldiers he can throw on Ukraine, hence, while he might be throwing more tanks and artillery, he does not have the manpower to hold captured land.

I will say though, Russian officers at Lt. Col- 2nd Lt. level have been able to adjust and score several tactical victories, and not get knocked out of the fight yet, despite having a hilariously incompetent army brass.

Ukraine and the West can thank the corrupt nature of the Russian military, rather than their mythical resistance which is laughable and a joke.
If that is the case, with Donetsk and Luhansk in its kitty, raise the mission accomplished banner and cut a deal with NATO. There is incentive to do so from both ends - western Europe does not want to freeze itself this winter and Ruskis want to get out of the meat grinder.

Kumaoni

If that is the case, with Donetsk and Luhansk in its kitty, raise the mission accomplished banner and cut a deal with NATO. There is incentive to do so from both ends - western Europe does not want to freeze itself this winter and Ruskis want to get out of the meat grinder.
The thing is neither Donetsk nor Luhansk are fully conquered.

maximus777

Country flag
The thing is neither Donetsk nor Luhansk are fully conquered.
If they bring down the scope to just that, Ruskis will at least have an end goal in sight. Now it seems like an endless meaningless forever kind of "special" operation.

Kumaoni

If they bring down the scope to just that, Ruskis will at least have an end goal in sight. Now it seems like an endless meaningless forever kind of "special" operation.
That is most probably their end goal. Anything more than that will need way more troops.

NutCracker

Country flag

IN MY OPINION -
The reason why Ruskies aren't having a deal right now because Russia will get the BEST DEAL in winter when 80% European Gas reserves will be depleted and half the winter still to pass.

maximus777

Country flag
That is most probably their end goal. Anything more than that will need way more troops.
Their strategy appears muddled at this point. Not really sure what their end goal is but they have already paid one hell of a price for it.

maximus777

Country flag
IN MY OPINION -
The reason why Ruskies aren't having a deal right now because Russia will get the BEST DEAL in winter when 80% European Gas reserves will be depleted and half the winter still to pass.
This master stroke theory is seriously getting old at this point. The main driver behind prolonging this conflict (aside from ineptitude/incompetence from the Ruskis) is the US MIC. They will not be impacted by winter and there is money to be made in this conflict. Ruskis wont get squat and US MIC will get the best deal.

Kumaoni

just put me on ignore, why tell me what to do or not.
use these childish orders on someone else
I agree with you about Russian incompetence and that Russia is destroying its future, but GIFs are just weird and annoying.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles