Russia to help Pakistan build N-power plants

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
TheNation has learnt reliably from diplomatic sources that Moscow and Beijing have decided to offer its cooperation to Islamabad in setting up new nuclear power plants to meet Pakistan’s growing energy needs.
I will believe it when it happens...

Country flag
The Chinese cant be trusted. Their regional and territorial ambitions are simply too great.
i agree but if all nations are on the same page some issues could be resolved and all are large asian financial giants, with USA we are perieved mistakenly as 100% anti chinese when we are not, just look at our defense spending increases from being USA focused.

Country flag
i agree singh just russian pressure on india, pakistan does not have the economy or infrastructure to be a player and there is only so much charity other nations will give or stop like usa if it goes to china and russia.

johnee

The Chinese cant be trusted. Their regional and territorial ambitions are simply too great.
I am begining to think that between US and china, US is the bigger villian in global context. china is still a small player.
unkil's enemity is bad but unkil's friendship is also bad. so, lets be careful.
china, at the end of the day is still our neighbour and a very large one, we cant change that fact, so lets learn to work with it to maximise our interest.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
i agree but if all nations are on the same page some issues could be resolved and all are large asian financial giants, with USA we are perieved mistakenly as 100% anti chinese when we are not, just look at our defense spending increases from being USA focused.
I would hardly call Russia a financial giant today. Their economy which was recently growing thanks to oil and gas has now come to a virtual standstill with demand decreasing worldwide due to recession.

A.V.

yes its true singhji it might never happen but think about it if something like this happens it will open a big door for pakistan, india missed the boat with the j-10 engines they could have put more pressure to russia to stop supplying them but they didnt, had they had PAF would not have a single new plane at this moment they would have being crippled the bush administration would have made sure pakistan dosent get any fighters from 3rd country and now the situation is such we cannot stop it, so if we act now it might serve 2 purposes as i pointed out in my last post show russia we are always there with them and wake up us that time to take india as granted is over.

it might be a russian pressure tactic but india must utilize the oppurtinity to act and get both russia and the us interested.
we have an ace of a situation.

Country flag
Russian has more oil in caspian sea than saudi arabia and there is artic also is a treasure trove ;russia has had it's ups and downs financially and they are still a giant of asia.

Pintu

So the free money from USA will go to Russia and China I don't think this equation s going to work.
Me too neither, it is the possibility , I have said that, apprehending the way Pakistan will go, first they don't get any access to Advanced technologies, they are cash starved that they can n't buy the technologies by high cost, they leaned towards China. China's political ambition is too great as they credit finance , Pakistan in the purchase of Military Hardware s from them, they have their interest to bail out Pakistan this time, taking in mind of China's Geo political ambition , it is quite possible that China played its part to make Putin so liberal.

This will not simply go, Obama will not let this happen, unless if they ( Russia & USA) agree on the same on Pakistan and I am not seeing any such thing either near or far future.

johnee

it might be a russian pressure tactic but india must utilize the oppurtinity to act and get both russia and the us interested.
we have an ace of a situation.
yes, thats the essence of it. use the situation to send a message to everyone concerned.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
wow, would NSG have the final say?
I believe yes. Even India didn't have the fuel to run its plants optimally uptil now.

wats with russia and pak's new found friendship?
No friendship imo. Probably a belligerent statement aimed at US rather than us. ;)
You put a defence shield, damn we will give terrorists bombs kind a statement.
Assuming the diplomatic sources are true. Even if Russia sells, Pak will not have access to fuel but Pak and Chinese can potentially clone the nuclear designs which no one will want.

it started with Putin with the J-10 engine ok .
Sir, JF17 engines. They are essentially Russian engines with many Chinese parts but key alloys/materials/tech is Russian. I believe this Jf17 deal could actually have helped us.

As is with the US India friendship and nuke deal ;)
Sir doesn't make sense. Pakistan is no India, Russia is no US. I reckon Russia will make more money from the Indo-US nuclear deal than the Americans.

Putin playing the Pakistan Card to get India out from the USA's alliance.
No way. Even if Russia sells Pakistan reactors fine but who will sell Pakistan fuel ? This is like stealing money from a beggar :blum3: And Russia will not do well to sell its tech to Pakistan for Chinese to ape. Indian-Russian nuclear co-operation is extensive.

ahaa....did our increasing defence ties israel also help create this new 'friendship'? I thought their was lot mistrust between russia and pak, no?
correct, Pakistan is also known for support to Chechen insurgency and for supporting Afghan mujahids during Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.

Pakistan is not going far with Russia, Pakistan is not a cash customer, Russia does want to give freebies or take on debt.
Spot on sir. Russia will not risk their excellent relations & $ market with India for Pakistan.

I think also to retain Indian defence Market, as they face stiff competitions from the European, Israeli, US , French companies. They lost a chunk of market share to Israel and to the USA, P8I , Phalcon are the examples.
Soviet was a generous supplier. With Russia we were a generous buyer.
Currently Russia knows it cannot supply or meet our needs, where it can we buy from Russia.
Joint developments and partnerships that we have with Russia will ensure our close friendships.

Pintu

The ball is in India's court as stated by Invincible, it is our task to make Russia and the USA be interested. Invincible is right.

Country flag
The ball is in India's court as stated by Invincible, it is our task to make Russia and the USA be interested. Invincible is right.

we have never strayed from Russia they are one of our top defense supplier and partner, we never screwed them like china by reverse engineering and selling cheap copies,also politically we are on the same page with issues like terrorism, afghanistan etc.. and Russia will gain more than anyone in the nuke deal, i still feel India and Russia have a good partnership in space areas.

Pintu

No way. Even if Russia sells Pakistan reactors fine but who will sell Pakistan fuel ? This is like stealing money from a beggar
Singhji, I know that , and I mentioned Putin is 'playing' Pakistan Card, not Putin is 'using'.:Laie_63A:

Nice smiley that was.

Regards

Pintu

Country flag
Singhji, I mentioned Putin is 'playing' Pakistan Card, not Putin is 'using'.:Laie_63A:

Nice smiley that was.
maybe he feels threatened by the growing indian israeli defense cooperation?

johnee

we have never strayed from Russia they are one of our top defense supplier and partner, we never screwed them like china by reverse engineering and selling cheap copies,also politically we are on the same page with issues like terrorism, afghanistan etc.. and Russia will gain more than anyone in the nuke deal, i still feel India and Russia have a good partnership in space areas.
btw, LF shouldnt we have done some reverse engineering as well? china has lost nothing, infact it has gained by doing it. why dont we do it? I am sure we can do a better job than the chinese.......

Country flag
btw, LF shouldnt we have done some reverse engineering as well? china has lost nothing, infact it has gained by doing it. why dont we do it? I am sure we can do a better job than the chinese.......
johnee this has puzzled me too for a long time I don't know why we have not?

Pintu

Joint developments and partnerships that we have with Russia will ensure our close friendships.
Singhji TOT is a matter , where the Russians are less liberals now a days, I think India will prefer liberals.

Pintu

shouldnt we have done some reverse engineering as well? china has lost nothing, infact it has gained by doing it. why dont we do it? I am sure we can do a better job than the chinese.......
Jhonny why should we go that way ? The Chinese are purely making very bad carbon copies, why should we waste our time in that.

johnee

Jhonny why should we go that way ? The Chinese are purely making very bad carbon copies, why should we waste our time in that.
just because chinese are making poor carbon copies doesnt mean we would have to do the same. by reverse engineering we could learn a lot crucial tech which we can use in creating our 'indigeneous' stuff not copies. I personally like to believe that nakal mein bhi akal chahiye........and in this case we are better than our northern neighbours.

Country flag
we are better at innovating look at what happened when they gave us Yakhont we took it and made the whole BRAHMOS line out of it soon hypersonic version.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles