Russia to help Pakistan build N-power plants

A.V.

The Russian Federation and Peoples Republic of China have decided to bail out Pakistan from the constraints, relating to establishing the new nuclear power plants, for meeting the country’s pressing energy needs.

TheNation has learnt reliably from diplomatic sources that Moscow and Beijing have decided to offer its cooperation to Islamabad in setting up new nuclear power plants to meet Pakistan’s growing energy needs. The sources also said that Russia-China offer contains the conditions that the nuclear power plants, offered to Pakistan, should be set up under the supervision and in collaboration with International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).

The offer, the sources said, would help Pakistan seek technical cooperation from the world’s nuclear supplier groups on the pattern of Indo-US cooperation that gave New Delhi freedom to seek help from international nuclear suppliers in the recent past.

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-ne...-Npower-plants

johnee

wats with russia and pak's new found friendship?

Pintu

Putin playing the Pakistan Card to get India out from the USA's alliance.

johnee

As is with the US India friendship and nuke deal ;)
ahaa....
did our increasing defence ties israel also help create this new 'friendship'?

I thought their was lot mistrust between russia and pak, no?

Country flag
Pakistan is not going far with Russia, Pakistan is not a cash customer, Russia does want to give freebies or take on debt.

Pintu

I think also to retain Indian defence Market, as they face stiff competitions from the European, Israeli, US , French companies. They lost a chunk of market share to Israel and to the USA, P8I , Phalcon are the examples.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
ahaa....
did our increasing defence ties israel also help create this new 'friendship'?

I thought their was lot mistrust between russia and pak, no?
There's no such thing, only political and economic gains.

A.V.

LF putin was the most pro-india man he wanted india and russia to be together on the world forum, india did a great mistake by supporting the US on the missile sheild the result was the j-10 saga next comes the iran issue with india voting against iran. now india is in a fix they have seen in the small time that the US friendship is not trustworthy and now they risk loosing the support of russia.
if india reconsiders its stance today the j-10 engines saga can be closed down till now china still dont have an engine all their FC-20 dream will be stalled,as the french is also not willing to supply engines due to mrca bid, the US will feel the urge to act for indian worries in pakistan and afganistan.it a win win situation for india the ball is in its court india needs to act.

Pintu

Kommunist is right, Johnny, Cash and Technology strapped Pakistan needs something to save from drowning.

Country flag
Avi I always liked and respect Putin for turning Russia around and back into a global player, I liked when he proposed the Russia-India-China strategic alliance I sometimes think India should have pursued that offer.

Country flag
Kommunist is right, Johnny, Cash and Technology strapped Pakistan needs something to save from drowning.
So the free money from USA will go to Russia and China I don't think this equation s going to work.

A.V.

with the obama administration supporting pakistan on aid and other issues india should withdraw its support of the us defence sheild and condemn it, it would shake the us up <india is not to be taken for granted> and russia will be smiling, pakistan will be forgotten thats just an option that i proposed.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
Avi I always liked and respect Putin for turning Russia around and back into a global player, I liked when he proposed the Russia-India-China strategic alliance I sometimes think India should have pursued that offer.
The Chinese cant be trusted. Their regional and territorial ambitions are simply too great.

johnee

LF putin was the most pro-india man he wanted india and russia to be together on the world forum, india did a great mistake by supporting the US on the missile sheild the result was the j-10 saga next comes the iran issue with india voting against iran. now india is in a fix they have seen in the small time that the US friendship is not trustworthy and now they risk loosing the support of russia.
if india reconsiders its stance today the j-10 engines saga can be closed down till now china still dont have an engine all their FC-20 dream will be stalled,as the french is also not willing to supply engines due to mrca bid, the US will feel the urge to act for indian worries in pakistan and afganistan.it a win win situation for india the ball is in its court india needs to act.
exactly win-win. that would be a message to US, "dont take us for granted" and a message to russia, "we are always friends".

I think in the recent past we are moving very quickly under US umbrella without gaining anything in return. let us not be another pak for US in this region.

Country flag
i think India-USA relations peeked under Bush, they are not going anywhere with obama.

johnee

So the free money from USA will go to Russia and China I don't think this equation s going to work.
exactly, sometimes INTERESTS are more imp than short term cash or tech. russians and pak have lot of mutual distrust. of course, pak would be eager to have a new aid giver but I cant imagine any use pak having for russia except to make india a bit jittery about the new equation.
russia like US, china and KSA would have to dole out freebies, which I dont think is going to work for long in case of russians.

Pintu

Pakistan is not going far with Russia, Pakistan is not a cash customer, Russia does want to give freebies or take on debt.
I think Putin's sole motive is to win away India from the USA, this is also a tactic and Pakistan is only card of this tactic. Russians, simply know business they can not take a debt ridden customer for long, also they don't want that sensitive nuke technologies may be fallen into the hand of a very unstable nation. There is a chance that these technologies can be accessed by the militant groups there. Since, Russia herself is the victim of Terrorism, and Separatist movement. While, China still not felt the experience as Russia and India suffered, that's why Chinese are still giving Oxygen to Pakistan in every means by proliferating , for not to cure the patient but to put the nearly dead patient to pit against its neighbour who is unmatched to him.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles