Russia offers India stakes in Siberian oilfields

jouni

You have watched too many Hollywood movies, haven't you ? :lol:

It's up to America to save the world. :yey:
------------

On topic, India must jump on the opportunity, diverting funds away from terrorist sponsor &/or American ally: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
@pmaitra : If there is a will, how soon do you reckon the BRICS nations can decouple from dollar trade to a BRIC currency ?
Well, actually movies is the only industry that Americans are still superior. Every great director, let it be Iranian, chinese or even Indian dreams of Hollywood. Syriana, in case you havent watched was very anti-american politics movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

jouni

The currency (in this case the Dollar) is not as important as the product we intend to buy with the currency.

So, if the BRICS countries can produce resources and technology intensive products in a good amount within themselves and achieve a certain level of self sufficiency, that alone will give BRICS an edge. This will take at least another 20 years, in my view, which could slide, if the west tries to (which they will) put a spanner in the wheels, by spreading unrest and orchestrating "revolutions," err, I mean, if the west tries to "spread democracy."
What happens when China jumps out from the BRICS bandwagon and closes ranks with traditional international powers. It seals it's future world domination and strenghtens the western system simultaniously.

tramp

I would say England.

That is why the English are hated even in the UK.

Britain is the final refuge of all criminals, fraudsters, and money launderers from around the world, as long as they bring the stolen money into Britain. Stealing is the national character of the British Government. After having looted India for centuries, they cannot shake it off, can they? Old habits die hard.

Britain also gave asylum to Boris Berezovsky, another guy who stole and laundered money and state properties in Russia, and destroyed the Auto-VAZ company, despite there being a high demand for its products.

P.S.: Not saying all Brits are thieves, but they are, IMHO, the exception.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
The currency (in this case the Dollar) is not as important as the product we intend to buy with the currency.

So, if the BRICS countries can produce resources and technology intensive products in a good amount within themselves and achieve a certain level of self sufficiency, that alone will give BRICS an edge. This will take at least another 20 years, in my view, which could slide, if the west tries to (which they will) put a spanner in the wheels, by spreading unrest and orchestrating "revolutions," err, I mean, if the west tries to "spread democracy."
That's what I wanted to know.

I think the BRICS nations are capable of self sufficiency, if they make a concerted effort. But 20 years seems a bit too long to wait :(
I guess that means that our systems are that much entwined with that of the West.

Well, actually movies is the only industry that Americans are still superior. Every great director, let it be Iranian, chinese or even Indian dreams of Hollywood. Syriana, in case you havent watched was very anti-american politics movie.
I have seen a shit-ton of Chinese, Indian and relatively decent number of Hollywood movies. I will disagree with your statement. The directors want to make money but they having "dreams of Hollywood" is hilarious.
I will bet you haven't seen/seen very few, Iranian or Indian or Chinese movies based on the statement you just made.

Sorry for the OT. But if you want to continue movies, I will move it to the Chit- Chat thread.

What happens when China jumps out from the BRICS bandwagon and closes ranks with traditional international powers. It seals it's future world domination and strenghtens the western system simultaniously.
Just to clarify: What do you mean by "strengthens the Western system simultaneously" ?

Last edited:

pmaitra

I would say England.

That is why the English are hated even in the UK.
Yes, what you are saying is more appropriate than what I had said. I agree.

That is not outside the realm of possibility.

That's what I wanted to know.

I think the BRICS nations are capable of self sufficiency, if they make a concerted effort. But 20 years seems a bit too long to wait :(
I guess that means that our systems are that much entwined with that of the West.
Western sanctions on PRC related to defense actually worked well for them. They were forced to make things on their own, and they are doing it. We did the same thing. We eventually built our very own cryogenic engine.

If there is a will, that 20 years can be shortened. For that, we need motivation, and a leader that inspires confidence. I think Modi, so far, has made the right noises.

We cannot do a sudden disengagement with the west. It is best to keep it gradual, and reach a technological parity in certain areas in which the west still leads.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles