Russia Future Air Space Capabilities Part 2

blackjack

Country flag
Going to touch up on their ongoing projects with aircrafts and drones which will be spread into multiple parts than talk about their microwave, laser and EW systems.

Su-57
1670731476765.png

76 of these are to be purchased and delivered to the Russian armed forces in which there are 10 testing and 7 that are serially produced. The aircraft has gone through modifications and upgrades in which we will have a lot to cover on this aircraft project than we do with others here so expect long texts on this aircraft.

The 1st stage engines are the AL-41F1S engines which have a reduced RCS and infrared signature than the engines used on the Su-35. They modified the Su-27 to have flat square nozzles like the F-22 but rejected it because of maneuverability performances since they found a way using aerosol on the engines which give it a 3 to 3 in half times infrared reduction according to reference 1 and chose serrated nozzles for reduced RCS, then again reference 4 suggests they will bring flat nozzles back that can alter their configurations whenever using afterburners. The 2nd stage engine offers super maneuverability, fuel efficiency to be increased 1.2 to 1.5 times, increased thrust to weight ratio, better stealth, also range is currently unknown while the 1st stage offered 3,500kms max range, also Russia is working on two new separate variable 3 stream cycle engine designs where one is based on high supersonic conditions and the other is just regular design. 25 of the 76 aircrafts in order will have the new engines and avionics. The air intakes are curved in the Su-57 and not straight according to reference 5. A full S-duct was not chosen you get larger frontal area, thus worse drag coefficient, and it kills aircraft top speed and acceleration. You are basically flying a brick at that point. In addition, because of all the gymnastics the air flow to the engine has to do with the S-duct, you get worse air flow to the engine, and even less performance. That and the fixed inlets are why certain aircrafts cannot super cruise and cannot reach Mach 2. The Su-57 uses a smoother partial S-duct, with less of a bend, it achieves some reduction of frontal engine profile, without killing performance too much, so it can go over Mach 2, and it can super cruise, even with the first stage engines. The engines also have a radar blocker in the intake to reduce RCS. Finally, it can apply the engine mesh screens to further reduce radar profile of the engine in case you need to, at cost of speed, and the second stage engine will have composite fan blades, and treatments to reduce RCS of the engine in the frontal aspect even without the mesh screens being engaged or without having S-ducts all in accordance to reference 7 and fan blades are made of composite along with RAM coating. Uses internal weapons bays for stealth and the canopy glass uses material that reduce the RCS of the aircraft.

The next portion in this paragraph will be about all the sensors in the aircraft. The 101KS-V is an IRST with 180-degree near infrared coverage which is the bulb in front of the aircraft and when not in use gets turned back where the backside of the sensor is covered with RAM. 101KS-U/01/02 works in the UV band while the 101KS-O work in the infrared range but currently classified if working in short or medium infrared detection and utilizes DIRCM against incoming air to air missiles. The sensors are placed above and below the aircraft. 101KS-P uses infrared camera stored under the wings to help map terrain working with the radar got low altitude flights. 101KS-N is an advanced navigation and targeting system/pod on the aircraft. UV-50-01 is a chaff and flare dispenser for the aircraft it has 9 cartridges of these in the aircraft having 14 each for a total of 126 to be used depending on the situation. Sh-111 communication systems will be replaced on the aircraft in the modernization upgrade. Byelka radar has been updated with 6 radar systems instead of 5 this was officially confirmed on reference 10 for NIIPs website and even a KRET official confirmed that there is active radar detection from the back. The Byelka radar has 1,514 X-band modules on the nose and two on the sides with 404 X-band modules totaling it to 2,322 X-band modules, then there are two additional L-band radars on the wings and the number of modules for each is unknown to me. However, they announced radar antennas have been added in the back on the NIIPs website and what frequency those modules are is unknown to me. Reference 17 states they added new T/R modules in 2014 Rostec book that were GaN UHF modules for the Himalayas drone, then states Su-34, Su-35 and Krasukha-4 were to receive these, and these three aircrafts were modified in 2016, 2017, and 2018 receiving new airborne EW versions. 2019 announcement from Niip stating there would be not enough time for GaN production line for the radars to be replaced, however the modernization of the upgraded avionics began in 2022-2024. From 2014 to as late as 2022 from reference 10 ROFAR is highly anticipated for the Su-57 and the full production for photonic integrated circuits is to start in 2024. Vega.su website is down, KRET website is down, aorti.ru got rid of all their magazines on the special projects sections which all gave some characteristics about photonic radars, fpi.gov.ru where they showcased the photonic radars antenna is also down, but I already have the image saved. All and all based on maneuverability, stealth, 360 degree coverage based on a very wide electromagnetic spectrum, and many countermeasures it will be extremely difficult to hit the aircraft with a missile. Because of stealth and approaching another stealth aircraft the distance closes until either will be seen on radar and the closer you are the little more important maneuverability will become. Based on all the radar modules around its body and additional antennas placed in the back with the Himalayas EW system it's going to jam the living hell out of the adversary aircraft and utilize DIRCM to be used against infrared homing air to air missiles, then chaffs and flares are used to misguide the incoming air to air missiles if DIRCM or its entire jamming capabilities didn't work out. combining 360-degree active X-band, passive, infrared and UV coverage with sensor fusion into MIRES will offer insane precision of what course of action to take (heavy jamming, DIRCM, flares and chaffs, change directions) and photonic radars will go into the 100ghz band offering even more insane precision in tracking incoming targets and the photonic radar antennas are as thin as paper that can be placed anywhere in the aircraft which might even host the idea of miniature missiles for self-protection like some of their bombers I will discuss here later. According to reference 27 and 28 for project Megapolis pilots can control the aircraft using their eyes and they will have fiberoptic and acoustic sensors to monitor the material or engine's service life or if maintenance is required.

Alright next we will talk about weapons and the good news about talking about them right now is that I can save myself the time from having to discuss them again for other drone/fighter/stealth aircrafts until we get to the heavy bomber section. The Su-57 can carry two hypersonic air to ground missiles internally and the name of the new missile being developed is called the Gremlin no information is disclosed if it's a solid fuel or airbreathing missile. For reference 34, 35, and 36 I have made a decision that the amount of internal missiles it carried before would be increased to store more because of new missiles offering folding wings and the patents of the design. At best based on the configurations of I have seen in those 3 references, 8 K-77Ms possible, with 2 short range missiles inside the wing bay roots for 10 air to air missiles with a stealth profile(there are comedians in the forum pushing for 12 like cat matroskin), 8 air to air internal missiles if the configuration for 3 max in each bay, or worst case scenario the new missiles they are designing stayed the same in size just making it carry 2 in each bay amounting to 6. But there is something that caught my interest and that is when Paralay in his own created forum stated that 8 UAVs with a length of 1.5 meters can fit into one compartment, considering that I looked at the CUDA length and considering that the Su-57 is to receive new missiles for the 2022-2024 Megapolis project upgrade it is possible for the best case scenario that 18 missiles with all internal compartments can be possible to fit in the Su-57. R-77s were used before to shoot down other missiles but if the new air to air missiles arrive for this purpose than pretty much this can serve as a hard kill APS which would work beautifully for a 360-degree active passive radar(wide band), infrared and UV sensor fused data being processed to tracking incoming missiles or aircrafts. I would probably put this aircraft in the 6th gen realm.

1. 18 air to air missiles if they go for a CUDA kind of design to match their 1.5 meter length therefore have options to use it as a hard kill APS because of all the sensors that offer the aircraft 360 degree coverage in a very wide band where data is fused offering targeting that offers insane precision in which with the current order of 76 it is possible to shoot down 1,368 aerial targets. It is possible to achieve 1.5 meter missiles if they are testing quadpack pantsir missiles that are 1 meter in length.

2. Photonic radars which I heard are impossible to suppress by jamming to lower their performance because of a 200-decibel limit because of the crystals that there is nothing on earth that has the energy to produce a 200 decibel power from reference 37. Also most air-to-air missiles using active homing heads that work bands higher than X-band meaning that photonic integrated circuits in the aircraft have the frequency to jam them. This means that this would be the most protected aircraft because it could use missiles for self defense, DIRCM to blind infrared seekers and PICs to jam the host active radars in air to air missiles and use chaffs and flares to further deceive radar/infrared homing heads on missiles.

3. upgrading it with the variable 3 stream cycle engine.

K-77M has a max 193km range, while the Ramjet version will have a longer range than this. K-74M2 is a short range missile with 40km range and K-37M being their long-range version will have a 400km range which 4 would fit internally and as far as I know there is no ramjet version, or we can be surprised if they reveal the new weapons they had planned for the Su-57 upgrade. ROFAR radar according to KRET states it can see a person from 500kms away identifying their face so if the missiles are not long enough there are sources that state the S-500 have 600km range SAM missiles since they can share data in case adversary aircrafts are below the radar horizon. 4 kh-59MK2s can fit in the Su-57 in which these missiles have a 500km range, fly at mach 0.8, delivers a payload of 320kg with a 3-meter CEP for accuracy flying at altitudes of either 11kms or 50 meters. The Grom-E1 is a glide bomb with a 120km range with a 315kg warhead and can be launched from 500 meters to 11kms and the Grom-E2 has a 50km range but has two warheads where one is 315kg and the other is 165kg with a total of 480kg payload and 4 of these can fit inside. The Kh-38 has a 300km range flies at 10-15 meters above ground and when in terminal flies 4 meters above ground, has a 50km range seeker, 320kg warhead, flies at mach 1 and two of these can fit in Su-57. Kh-58 are antiradiation missiles where 4 can fit in Su-57, mach 3.6 speeds and 250km ranges and warheads weight 149kg. The drill bomb is a 500kg bomb that uses infrared and radar targeting releasing 15 self-aiming warheads are than used at a column of tanks or missile batteries, how much carried is unknown. Just like the air to air to missiles I will wait and see what the configurations will be for air to ground missiles or bombs for the Su-57. But when compared to other aircrafts Su-57 has very heavy payloads like its task was meant to get the job done.

Su-75
1671168009140.png

When other 5th gens are like the latest PlayStation and Xbox consoles this aircraft is pretty much like an open architecture gaming PC where you can build it and put whatever you want in it. The aircraft will come in 3 versions which is single seat, double seat and a UAV version. Comes in a 3000km max range and the UAV version would have more space estimating an increase from 6000 liters to 7000 liters thus more range. Costs are estimated between 25 million to 30 million dollars for a 5th gen aircraft. Radar is a smaller N036 version that tracks 30 targets and engages 6 while Schwabe Russia's infrared sensor company signed a contract to give new EO sensors to the aircraft, keep in mind that this aircraft is open architecture for avionics. So, radar provides 120-degree coverage, 360-degree passive radar and EO infrared detection with 180-degree infrared IRST system. Cost wise in-flight hours it claims to be several times cheaper when compared to other aircrafts and maintenance wise it will like the Su-57 have fiber optic cables spread throughout its body to monitor and wear and tear and Russia has additive composite with planned electrical conductivity, plastic deformation threshold ,resistance to oxidation and high thermal tolerance, literally perfect for a very low effective area of dispersion airframe with dozen of times less susceptibility to wear and tear in comparison with existing solutions could in live test prove to be inefficient by something so trivial such as buffeting vibrations causing joint points to progressively deformate. Based on the aircrafts features I don't see any horizontal stabilizers thus reducing RCS in the process, so assumption is made that the TVC technology is advanced enough that they decided they don't need stabilizers, thus reducing drag. If they have the 3D nozzle, it would be good for some maneuvers (yaw control). If not, it is not the end of the world. The plane is already controllable in stall events with the 2D TVC. Current order is unknown but they are expecting 300 for customers, flight date was pushed back to 2025, no idea on the production date.

From the design I see one large internal ventral bay in the center of the aircraft with two additional internal weapons bays on the side of the wings. Placement of 3 medium range air to air missiles with 2 small range air to air missiles seem feasible for its design. And as some footage show 2 large air to ground missiles or bombs can fit in the internal weapons bay storage or any small size bombs or air to ground missiles on the other two sides by the wing roots since the size of those are currently unknown. Same weapons as the Su-57 can be used but possibly with a reduced number because of weapon bay size.

PAK-DP/Mig-41/6th Gen Fighter
1671328807298.png

Usually when you go one generation up on aircraft designs it's supposed to have a significant advantage based on new principles that gives it an edge over the previous generation, but I am not seeing it other than it looks like a marketing ploy. If anyone asks what me what defines a 6th gen, I will state higher altitudes higher speeds, possible new radar breakthroughs in detection and a complete AI function as it would make sense for me. A layman's example from me would be 4th generation designs would get shot down by 5th generation aircrafts because of their reduced radar signature which 4th generation designs don't have if they had the same radars, but the advantage of a 6th generation aircraft would have to get an edge over a 5th generation aircraft is higher altitudes which would significantly reduce the range of air to air weapons on a 5th generation aircraft targeting a 6th generation aircraft and the 6th generation aircraft will see the top side of a 5th generation aircraft from higher altitudes which would have a huge RCS reflection thus 4th generation and 5th generation or even previous generation aircrafts can't get an edge over the 6th generation aircraft because of its new concept design just like stealth is the concept design for a 5th generation aircraft. Anyone that shows me a stealth design being a higher generation than another stealth design just makes my eyes roll to the back of my head.

KRET, Sukhoi, UAC Mikoyan, various officials from these company's state work is underway for a 6th gen aircraft but what designs and what features and what concepts they will use question rather if it's just one 6th gen design or a 2nd 6th gen design. Lyulka few years ago have done ground tests for variable 3 stream cycle engines and pulse detonation engines, sadly i can't display the video ground tests because like the photonic radar sources the websites for these are down as well. Some engine designers for alleged 6th generation aircrafts state variable 3 stream cycle engines define 6th gen aircrafts which combines the benefits of low and high bypass ratio engine designs, or in my opinion be pulse detonation engines which offered 50% more thrust and increase range 1.3 to 1.5 times, be used for hypersonic aircraft as well. Russia has designed new aviation material they called Aristide that can be used to replace aluminum and titanium besides composites that are used on all aircrafts. The new material is 27 times lighter than aluminum and 43 times lighter than titanium meaning you can increase the thrust to weight ratio increasing the speed of aircrafts. It has impact resistance such as if the material is 3mm thick, it can hold a shot from a gun in which only the surface layer would be damaged and then it will recover itself. So does self-generation capabilities define a 6th gen aircraft although how thick does the material have to be and it is fire resistant with a 1300 Celsius threshold so question of rather it can stop 30mm canons from aircrafts or air to air missiles depending on warheads is another fun theory worth questioning. Between 6th generation radar and communication devices which defines a 6th gen design is it GaN MMICs or PIC circuits? GaN will be a great asset for 5G cellular networks for reference 50, while Russians state that PICs will be great for 6G cellular networks offering 400 gigabits per second using 100ghz waves for communication. GaN AESA is labeled 6th gen radar but a photonic radar is also labeled a 6th gen radar for using the 100ghz band, reducing background noise 100 times lower than conventional radars where seeing a 1m2 target at a certain distance would allow the photonic radar to see a smaller target of .01m2 at the same distance or visually seeing a person's face from 500kms away. Russians also have done project Thor or project breakthrough testing hypersonic vehicles with radars on them with successful results. another 6th gen claim is them developing a new air to air missile for their hypersonic interceptor to use the MFRK DP which is a missile with a 700km range and launches several K-77Ms with their additional distance added to hit targets. RAM, shape and plasma reduces radar cross section, but metamaterial can also reduce the RCS where the aircraft does not need to change shape keeping the advantages of aerodynamics according to some claims based on design so this can be a 6th gen feature as well. Some say a missile for self-defense targeting other missiles can be 6th gen but it was done before or a laser that can physically destroy missiles. Having 360-degree wideband radar, infrared and UV coverage can also be claimed as 6th gen. Controlling UAVs can also be considered 6th gen, etc. To each his own but there will be ongoing arguments between people of what is defined as 5th gen plus or 6th gen.

PAK-DA
1671335780922.png

Now this is a project that holds promise and finally Tupolev is designing a new stealth bomber although it won't be supersonic like this art picture depicts, I still see this as a pointless project just because the Su-70 exists. No idea if the journalist is quoting an official or not but article states the radar cross section will be lowered several orders of magnitude in which at this point it's like they are challenging the U.S. on who makes the most egregious claims on stealth but of course states its designed against NATO defenses which has yet to be seen. Will use and EW and radar system along with the use of air-to-air missiles and air to ground missiles that will be hypersonic along with some missiles having artificial intelligence. Might use air to air missiles like the latest Tu-160 which I will cover for self-defense. All weapons will be internal and obviously there is no information yet on how many weapons it can carry. The stealth aircraft has been built; parachutes have been tested, and engines have completed ground tests, so it seems this project is being taken seriously. Can command and control drones as well.

PAK-VTA/Slon/PAK-TA
1671339078578.png

Because of relations with Ukraine Antonov cannot produce the Antonov series aircraft to carry heavy equipment for Russia but that might change because of 1. their new projects and 2. the outcome of the war. The Slon has a 7000km range, speed of 850km/hr and can carry a load of 180 tons. Range of the PAK-VTA is 5000kms and the speed is 850km/hr as well. The PAK-VTA has a on-board defense complex with a 90% change to defeat MANPADS such as Stinger, Mistral or Needle. Also, measures were taken to reduce optical, radar, laser, acoustic visibility, as well as radio visibility during tests. The Slon is to be completed in 2025 and production to start in 2028. PAK-VTA flight tests are expected somewhere between 2024-2026. The PAK-TA is to fly at supersonic speeds of up to 2,000 km/hr and carry up to 200 tons with a range of 7,000 km and 2016 source expects project to be implemented in 2030.

Drones
1671343655050.png

And there is going to be alot of drone projects to cover so I will just make one section on it describing each in separate paragraphs.

The Su-70 is a loyal wingman stealth drone and internal weapon bays on the drone are showcased to be the same size as the Su-57 and use the same weapons except as far I know they do not have wing bay roots for short range air to air missiles. The drone has its own radar and EW systems combined with stealth to make it a formidable drone, 6000km range, 1,400km/hr speeds and besides air to ground weapons it can target aircrafts with air-to-air missiles. The prototype costs 1.5 billion rubles but when serially produced will cost 1 billion rubles so convert it to whatever currency you want.

The Grom seems to look like another stealth design drone but for air to ground purposes. It can also command and control up to 10 lightning drones. Combat radius of the Grom is 800kms ferry range 1600kms according to reference 95 there would be new engines from Yak to increase its max range to 3,500kms and speeds of up to 1,000km/hr. Max payload is 2,000kg and design shows it can carry 4 internal weapons or 2 huge weapons while having the option of using 2 external points underneath the wings for weapons as well. choices of weapons are Kab-500, Kab-250 bombs, izdeliye 85 and the Kh-38 missiles.

The lightning drones is what the Grom drones will control so up to 10. It was discussed earlier that 16 of these can fit in the main internal weapons bays of the Su-57 and I am more than likely assuming that 2 more can fit in the internal compartments of the wing bay roots totaling 18. As guess their length size is 1.5 meters their wingspan is 1.2 meters but of course the wings can fold. And based on design it uses RAM and a stealth design to lower its infrared and radar signatures. So pretty much it goes like the Su-57 can control 4 Grom drones and 4 of those Grom drones can control 10 lightning drones. As stated in last paragraph pictures show that 4 weapons can fit in the Grom and because of size we are assured that 4 lightning drones can fit so 4 times 4 + 18 we will have like 34 lightning drones or carry more with external carry as well. Or the Su-57 can control 4 Su-70s to make the option of 82 lightning drone swarms possible. Range of these drones is 700kms, speed 600-700km/hr and payloads somewhere between 5 to 7 kg.

The Frigate drone is a VTOL drone design that is used for ships, reference 74 states that there will be a drone that is based on a deck version which might be the Frigate or the huge helicopter drone in reference 75 but maiden flight is expected in 2025 and series production for 2026. The wingspan is 19 meters however they can fold giving it 10 meters, max range is 5000km endurance flight for 10 hours, 1,700kg of payload if it takes off like a plane or if it takes off like a helicopter it will be 1000kg. flight speed is between 0 to up to 600km/hr.

The Altius drone can also interact with the Su-57 but in my opinion would not be preferable but rather for aircrafts like the Su-35 and Su-34. The drone can stay in the air from 24 to 48 hours with a max distance of 10,000kms. The drone can carry similar heavy weapons like the Grom, and Su-70 and the payload carry is estimated at 2 tons but information changes all the time with this drone. Korsar drone has a 250km range, Orion has a 200kg paload, the Helios or Orion-2 will have an increased payload with a 30 hour flight endurance. Sirius drone has a 450kg payload with a 40 hour flight endurance, and the orlan-10 uses a stealth profile with composites. Also, one of Russia's space company has proposed the idea of using satellites to fire lasers into drones energizing them for continual flight based on some of their patents.

production numbers and operation dates are all mixed up from sources for most of these drones.

Su-34/Su-35

1671845517488.png

About 1110 Su-35s are present in Russia's air force and 22 more to be delivered in 2024. Utilizes the same weapons used on the Su-57. Some modification has been down like some being built to use the same stealth cockpit glass as the Su-57, The AL-41s from Su-57s with stealthier profiles than their existing AL-41 engines as hand me downs, also applied RAM to engine inlets and compressor, and new EW systems that were given in 2016 which can be used from Rostec's showcased Su-35 GaN modules present in their 2014 PDF book. Radar has a 350km range against a 3m2 target or reduced to .01m2 at a 90km range. Uses a laser range finder with 20km tracking of aerial targets and 30kms for ground targets. OLS-35 can track a target from 35kms from front and 90kms from back. Checked Russia defense net there is argument about rather if the Su-35 was downed or suffering an engine failure based on crash.

There are 144 Su-34s and 7 prototypes but difficult to assume the losses since some claims are true and false and difficult to know how many of them have been modernized to Su-34Ms? Carries similar weapons to the Su-35 and Su-57 and like both aircrafts in 2018 it got new EW modules which could have been the ones showcased in the 2014 Rostec PDF book. Also the aircraft like the Su-57 has 360-degree radar coverage. old radar information states 200km-250kms for large surface targets and fighter sized aircrafts at 120kms. N012 is the rear facing radar and the side radars will be 4th gen radars known as Pika-M with a resolution of 30cm, and a 300km radar range, Kulon the company that designed the 4th gen side radars is also working on a 5th gen AESA version, so more than likely the Su-34 also got a new forward and rear facing radars. Also the frontal RCS of the aircraft got reduced to a magnitude times smaller or 10 times smaller in size.

Tu-22/Tu-95/Tu160

1671853895655.png

Even the Tu-160 has gone through modernization to the Tu-160M2 standards, it seems based on tanks aircrafts, EW systems and radars the letter M gets put after it if goes through modernization, like the T-90Ms or the new EW systems that were showcased in the 2014 with letter Ms after their names. There are about 17 T-160s with one Tu-160M2 produced and 10 more Tu-160M2s on order and the goal is to also modernize the existing Tu-160s. Can fly in supersonic speeds has max range of 12,300kms and combat range varies between 2000kms or 7000kms based on speeds. Now the aircraft is going to receive new avionics, newer and better efficient engines, use RAM coating and use missiles air to air missiles for self-defense against incoming missiles. Now the weapons being used will be bigger than the weapons on the aircrafts that were last discussed but not unlikely that they could be used as well. The Tu-160 has two internal rotary launchers for each bay in total that can hold 12 kh-55s and their variations or 24 kh-15s. The kh-55,Kh-65, Kh-555, kh-50, Kh-BD, Kh101, Kh102 are all going to be huge subsonic missiles, depending on which you are using they can be conventional or nuclear warheads, depending on which you are using can be either 300kms or more than 5000kms, depending on which you are using they can be average or a stealth design with coating giving them an RCS of .01m2. The newest versions cost like 1 million dollars and fly as low as 30 to 70 meters. Now the Kh-15s are basically hypersonic ballistic missiles, a tad bit smaller than the Kh-55s and their variations, 300km range and climb to 40kms before diving down to their targets with conventional or nuclear warheads. The Kh-15s seem to almost be able to fit into Su-57s with weapons bays ranging from 4.2 to 4.6 meters in length but its also safe to assume that since the Gremlin is a hypersonic air to ground missile designed to fit in the Su-57 can also fit into the Tu-160s by 24 times the amount. I have no Idea if Zircon or Kinzhals offer the option to fit in the aircraft by probably by a smaller amount than the Kh-55s or not compatible at all. Also the GZUR missile is a Mach 6 missile with a 6-meter length with a range of 1,500kms and is used as a scramjet, KTRV also at that time talked about a mach 12-13 missile and states in 2020 that GZUR can be produced up to 50 units a year. So 12 GZURs can fit as well and the benefits of scramjets is hypersonic speeds, lower altitudes and more maneuverability to overcome defenses.

There are 63 Tu-22s(80% are replaced to Tu-M3M avionic standards) in service since 2018 but more could have been produced later. Range was 6,800kms and a 2,500km range with 10,000kg payload but the aircrafts will get new NK-32 engines to increase the performance specs. New radars, avionics and EW systems added and about 30 will be upgraded to the M3M standards. Can launch 3 Kh-32s and these missiles have a 600-1000km range and speeds anywhere to mach 3.5 to mach 4.6 with a 40km flight ceiling or 4 Kinzhal missiles.

There are about 55 Tu-95MS and they are undergoing a modernization program to get upgraded to the Tu-95MSM versions. Max range is 15,000kms but is receiving new engines, new avionics like radar and EW systems. can hold 6 kh-55s internally and 8 Kh-55 externally which is about 14 in total, so I am assuming the Tu-160 I discussed earlier can probably carry more externally. The missile length of the Kh-32 which I forgot to mention for the paragraph above is like 12 meters long so I have no idea how many of these can be carried.

A-50/A-100

1671861732812.png

The A-50M AWACs has a range of 7,500kms, radar detection range of 650kms for air targets and 300km for ground targets, can track 300 different targets and command 10 aircrafts, how many there are produced is information I can't find right now. A-100 is to be tested and completed by 2024 but no idea on the production date. The A-100 will have a longer-range radar with improved capabilities, function on dual band and deal with stealth targets at a farther distance. Because Vega is the radar designer, they also tested photonic radars so there might be a possibility it can be included on the A-100, but no one knows. also new EW systems as well.

References

1. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EqRwP6vVQAAKAlc?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

2.«Изделие 30»: в чём уникальность нового двигателя для российского самолёта Су-57 — РТ на русском (rt.com)

3.Войска с 2027 года начнут получать истребитель Су-57 в новом облике - коллегия ВПК - (militarynews.ru)

4.Su-57 fifth-generation fighter may get flat nozzle for stealth purposes — pilot - Military & Defense - TASS

5. fmdlf110.jpg | Servimg.com - Free image hosting service

6. Rostec has created a stealth glass with improved performance (topwar.ru)

7. https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/images/su-57-image421.jpg

8.The dates for the start of tests of a new communication complex for Su-57 fighters have been announced (topwar.ru)

9. Глава ОАК: планируем рост гражданского сектора и создание боевых платформ нового поколения - Интервью ТАСС (tass.ru)

10.http://www.promweekly.ru/book/Phasatron-100_years.pdf

11. https://i.servimg.com/u/f90/20/35/73/17/file-110.png

12. https://i.servimg.com/u/f90/20/35/73/17/file-610.jpg

13. https://i.servimg.com/u/f14/20/10/81/30/photon10.jpg

14. d36d8fe0d10dbae67246f6dc9ad700eb.pdf (niip.ru)

15.Гиперзвуки «Су»: российские военные получат компактную ракету | Статьи | Известия (iz.ru)

16.https://youtu.be/NJEz7h_cKPg

17. https://i14.servimg.com/u/f14/20/10/81/30/main-q11.png

18.Telegram: Contact @DonbassDevushka

19. Willy Dequid on Twitter: "#Russia Saturn-Lyulka is working on a variable cycle (three circuits) military engine. According to Evgeny Marchukov, OKB Lyulka, two versions of this scheme are being developed. The first bench tests of the demonstrator should have started sometime in 2021. @5thSu @qweqwellkk https://t.co/MXxXT1Dipu" / Twitter

20. «Российские ученые получили магнитный нанопорошок для 6G-технологий» в блоге «Перспективные разработки, НИОКРы, изобретения» - Сделано у нас (sdelanounas.ru)

21. Ростех испытал демонстратор двигателя для перспективных орбитальных самолетов (rostec.ru)

22.Когда начнется эра российских квантовых компьютеров? (naukatehnika.com)

23. https://translate.yandex.com/translate?lang=ru-en&url=https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/140329/

24. Metamaterials: Has China Just Made a Major Stealth Breakthrough? (thedailybeast.com)

25.Scientists create stealth technology that hides metal masts and antennas completely (sciencex.com)

26. In Russia presents radar absorbing honeycomb material PRM-SA-N (weaponews.com)

27."Aristide" is a new Russian material from the future. | Beyond the usual | Zen (dzen.ru)

28.Самолеты Су-57 с 2024 года планируют оснастить датчиками контроля состояния планера - ТАСС (tass.ru)

29. Источник: истребитель Су-57 будет способен вести до четырех беспилотников "Охотник" - ТАСС (tass.ru)

30. Roscosmos is developing a heat-shielding coating for hypersonic aircraft - (militarynews.ru)

31.Минобороны заказало разработку оружия против гиперзвуковых ракет - МФРК ДП (topwar.ru)

32. «Изделие 30» по удельной тяге превосходит все зарубежные аналоги » Авиация России (aviation21.ru)

33. OKB named after Lyulka in 2021 will begin testing. | AVIATION | VK

34. PAK FA T-50 (part 5) • Forum "Stealth Machines" (iboards.ru)

35. ПАК ФА Т-50 (часть 5) • Форум "Стелс машины" (iboards.ru)

36.(4671) Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #7 - Page 20 (russiadefence.net)

37.Фотонные радары, радиофотоника и стелс-технологии (naukatehnika.com)

38. The Kh-59MK2 is a new guided cruise missile for the PAK FA | THEY | Zen (dzen.ru)

39. #kh59mk2 - Twitter Search / Twitter

40. The performance characteristics of the Grom-E1 and Grom-E2 PAB for the Su-57 and not only were revealed (topwar.ru)

41. Guided glide bomb PBK-500U. "Drill" completes the tests (topwar.ru)

42.https://m.vz.ru/news/2021/7/17/1109463.html

43. https://i.ibb.co/pdmtmxy/image.jpg

44.https://www.rt.com/russia/529762-check-mate-fighter-stealth-jet/

45. https://www.militarynews.ru/story.asp?rid=1&nid=553526&lang=RU

46.https://bmpd.livejournal.com/4354165.html

47.https://m.uacrussia.ru/ru/news/oak-i-shvabe-podpisali-soglashenie-o-sovmestnoy-rabote-nad-programmoy-lts-checkmate/

48.https://eadaily.com/ru/news/2021/12/21/bespilotnaya-modifikaciya-su-75-chto-ostalos-za-kadrom-na-dubai-airshow-2021

49. https://www.fips.ru/cdfi/fips.dll/ru?ty=29&docid=2770885

50. Enabling 5G with GaN Technology: Setting the Table for Success - Qorvo

51. 73fbb848fe927c2288e9b2c3f5f5a2ab.pdf (niip.ru)

52. В Самаре прошли стендовые испытания двигателя для ПАК ДА » Авиация России (aviation21.ru)

53.Источник: демонстрационный образец ПАК ДА будет готов к 2023 году - ТАСС (tass.ru)

54. https://i.servimg.com/u/f77/20/24/79/23/nk-32m12.png

55. https://i.servimg.com/u/f77/20/24/79/23/nk-32m13.png

56. Источник: ПАК ДА получит комплекс обороны, который защитит его от всех видов оружия - ТАСС (tass.ru)

57.Источник: http://bastion-karpenko.ru/ ВТС «БАСТИОН» A.V.Karpenko

58. Источник: утвержден окончательный облик нового "стелс"-бомбардировщика - РИА Новости, 02.04.2021 (ria.ru)

59. ПАК ДА сможет преодолевать рубежи ПВО НАТО незамеченным, сообщил источник - РИА Новости, 24.03.2021 (ria.ru)

60. В России планируют создать беспилотный стратегический бомбардировщик - РИА Новости, 03.03.2020 (ria.ru)

61.В России началось производство ракетоносца ПАК ДА - ВПК.name (vpk.name)

62. TsAGI tested an improved model of the Elephant aircraft - News - Press-center - TsAGI (tsagi-ru.translate.goog)

63. High-flying truck: Russia is preparing to replace the An-124 and An-22 | Articles | News (iz.ru)

64. Грузовик высокого полета: Россия готовит замену Ан-124 и Ан-22 | Статьи | Известия (iz.ru)

65.PAK VTA — heavy transport aircraft with an oval fuselage » Russian Aviation (aviation21.ru)

66.Russia to Build World’s Biggest and Fastest Air Freighter - RUSSIAN AVIATION (ruaviation.com)

67.Серийный выпуск тяжелых ударных дронов "Охотник" начнется в 2023 году - РИА Новости, 18.05.2022 (ria.ru)

68. "Hunter" for a billion: the price of the most powerful drone in Russia has become known | Articles | News (iz.ru)

69."Кронштадт" заключил госконтракт на разработку эскизного проекта БЛА "Гром" - ТАСС (tass.ru)

70. Источник: новые ударные БЛА "Сириус" смогут нести управляемое и неуправляемое вооружение - ВПК.name (vpk.name)

71.Новый беспилотник "Орион" с бортовой РЛС проходит летные испытания - ТАСС (tass.ru)

72. В России создали первые дроны с отечественными тепловизорами - РИА Новости, 19.08.2022 (ria.ru)

73.Rostec designs new UAV navigation system, making drones invulnerable to electronic warfare - Military & Defense - TASS

74. https://i.servimg.com/u/f10/19/89/13/22/fkkpoz10.png

75. Advanced deck-based drone to make maiden flight in 2025 — source - Military & Defense - TASS

76. Reconnaissance drone trials to be completed by 2022 year-end, source says - Military & Defense - TASS

77. Новый российский ударный беспилотник "Сириус" совершит первый полет в мае - ТАСС (tass.ru)

78. Беспилотник "Гелиос-РЛД" совершит свой первый вылет в 2024 году - ТАСС (tass.ru)

79. 000283.jpg | Servimg.com - Free image hosting service

80.https://tass.com/defense/1358309

81.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCzeh5deWcU

82.Первый ударный комплекс с БПЛА "Альтиус" поступит в войска осенью - ТАСС (tass.ru)

83.Разработчик объяснил, зачем высокоточное оружие новому беспилотнику «Иноходец-РУ» - ТРК Звезда Новости, 26.08.2021 (tvzvezda.ru)

84. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-CbOB6WQAAxy5L?format=jpg&name=small

85. The first hybrid ZALA Aero drone made a flight of one thousand kilometers - TASS (tass-ru.translate.goog)

86.Разработчик рассказал о планах по созданию носителя дронов на базе Ил-76 - РИА Новости, 20.08.2021 (ria.ru)

87."Кронштадт" начал эскизное проектирование тяжелого ударного БПЛА "Гром" - РИА Новости, 20.08.2021 (ria.ru)

88.Интервью генерального директора компании «Кронштадт» Сергея Богатикова - bmpd — LiveJournal

89.Military-technical forum ARMY-2017 - Exhibition pavilions - Vitaly Kuzmin

90.Ударный дрон ТПК-7Э. - Блокпост военного милитариста — LiveJournal

91. Новости Aviation EXplorer: Ударные беспилотники "Орион" вооружат ракетами "Вихрь" (aex.ru)

92. Источник рассказал, когда начнутся испытания ударного дрона "Сириус" - РИА Новости, 17.04.2021 (ria.ru)

93.The timing of the start of flight tests of the strike drone "Sirius" (topwar.ru)

94.KRET closed their website down and removed their articles from promweekly. http://www.promweekly.ru/archive/kret/2020/KRET_2-2020.pdf https://i.servimg.com/u/f14/20/10/81/30/uav_ku10.jpg

95.https://youtu.be/MO8Z6TuSBMs

96. Источник рассказал о работах над единым комплексом оружия для БПЛА - РИА Новости, 14.04.2021 (ria.ru)

97. The project of the unmanned complex of group use "Lightning" (topwar.ru)

98. Ударный беспилотник "Гром" сможет управлять роем из десяти дронов "Молния" - ТАСС (tass.ru)

99. Источник: ударный беспилотник "Гром" будет носителем высокоточных ракет Х-38 - ТАСС (tass.ru)

100. Проект ударного беспилотного летательного аппарата АР-10 «Аргумент» - bmpd — LiveJournal

101. Источник: для ВКС создают работающие в стае реактивные беспилотники - РИА Новости, 01.03.2021 (ria.ru)

102. «Росэлектроника» разработает первые СВЧ-радиолокаторы для малоразмерных и беспилотных вертолетов (ruselectronics.ru)

103.Заряжающийся лазером из космоса беспилотник разработали в России - Российская газета (rg.ru)

104.Беспилотный летательный аппарат «Гром» в экспозиции форума «Армия-2020» - bmpd — LiveJournal

105. Министерство обороны России подписало серийный контракт на закупку БЛА «Орион» - bmpd — LiveJournal

106. Беспилотные летательные аппараты «Сириус» и «Гелиос» в экспозиции форума «Армия-2020» - bmpd — LiveJournal

107. Скоростной ударный беспилотный летательный аппарат «Гром» - bmpd — LiveJournal

108.«Альтиус». Тяжёлый российский беспилотник с искусственным интеллектом (topwar.ru)

109.UAV Forpost-R Receives Laser Illumination Optoelectronic System (mil.today)

110. Russia Presented Military Version of UAV Positioning Laser System

111. MAKS 2019: Phazotron développe un radar multifonctions en bande Ku pour les drones (air-cosmos.com)

112. На МАКС-2019 показали ранее неизвестный тяжелый беспилотник (topwar.ru)

113. Появилось изображение первого российского гиперзвукового космического дрона - РИА Новости, 03.03.2020 (ria.ru)

114. Russian military will receive virtual reality helmet to control UAVs Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 11502171 | weapons defence industry military technology UK | analysis focus army defence military industry army (armyrecognition.com)

115. Летная модель беспилотника "Фрегат" успешно прошла испытания - РИА Новости, 02.03.2020 (ria.ru)

116.TsAMTO / / Aviation Regiment of the Central Military District in the Chelyabinsk region was replenished with a modernized Su-34 fighter-bomber (armstrade.org)

117. "OPK" launches mass production of "all-seeing" radars | Weekly "Military-Industrial Courier" (archive.org)

118. Гиперзвуковая ракета КТРВ / ГЗУР (проект) | MilitaryRussia.Ru — отечественная военная техника (после 1945г.)

119. A-50U - "mushroom plane" or a new aviation complex AWACS (topwar.ru)

120.The second "Premier": another "flying super radar" will be built for the VKS | Articles | News (iz.ru)

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles