Russia Formalises Su-35 Offer To India

shankarosky

Russian massive military industrial complex still remains and the high quality scientific pool -once money is available the bear will bounce back faster than you can blink - the massive but idle production lines once starts buzzing with life then you will see the russian bear come out of hibernation

Shiny Capstar

Professional
Russian massive military industrial complex still remains and the high quality scientific pool -once money is available the bear will bounce back faster than you can blink - the massive but idle production lines once starts buzzing with life then you will see the russian bear come out of hibernation
Speaking of which I don't suppose you have any info on the state of the old Su and Mig production lines. I dare say Sukhoi's are in a better state, they have had the foreign orders to keep them running over enough. Mig's I am not so sure about, a lot their orders since the fall of USSR have been filled with stored aircraft from the Iraq deal. Not new builds.

Vladimir79

Professional
There are questions about the Migs, even the 'new' SMT's are the ones Algeria rejected over quality, planes that were refurbished (not new) after being left in storage for some time (after the Iraq order).
Only certain valve and pump parts were rejected but angered them enough to recall the order. They picked up Soviet era spares that should have been new.

Vladimir79

Professional
Speaking of which I don't suppose you have any info on the state of the old Su and Mig production lines. I dare say Sukhoi's are in a better state, they have had the foreign orders to keep them running over enough. Mig's I am not so sure about, a lot their orders since the fall of USSR have been filled with stored aircraft from the Iraq deal. Not new builds.
The state has made available billions to modernise both Komsomolsk-on-Amur and Sokol. Sokol had gotten pretty bad but things are turning around under new leadership.

AJSINGH

i say that SU 35Bm is better version of MKI ofcourse it is .so why not India buy SU 30BM instead of more 5o MKI

AJSINGH

plus Russia has done good thing by combining all the aircraft industry into one corporation called United Aircraft Building Corporation.Hence even if Sukhoi gets more revenue it is judiciously distributed among other companies to .hence even after Soviet dissolution their aircraft industry survived infact became stronger .contrary to popular belief that aircraft industry in post soviet dissolution is dead

amitkriit

16-20 SUkhoi-35 will be a maintenance nightmare, no matter how close they are to MKI. Lets stick to SU-30MKI.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Su35 is just a upgrade version of flankers...I don't think it is a wise decison to buy su35 when one has owned su30 already.

A.V.

i say that SU 35Bm is better version of MKI ofcourse it is .so why not India buy SU 30BM instead of more 5o MKI
talks are already on for mki upgrades the upgrades will be of existing and also new orders of the flankers it will be called su30mki block 3< dont ask me why 3 and not 2 >upgrades to the radar, and weapon systems will be done primarily the brahmos air-launched version so the new mki block 3 will be par or even better than he bm existing prototypes

AJSINGH

talks are already on for mki upgrades the upgrades will be of existing and also new orders of the flankers it will be called su30mki block 3< dont ask me why 3 and not 2 >upgrades to the radar, and weapon systems will be done primarily the brahmos air-launched version so the new mki block 3 will be par or even better than he bm existing prototypes
new flankers like the ones should also have "fly by optics "

shankarosky

thats right -block 3 will have brahmos firing capability and also land attack capability with syntheitic apperture radar

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
thats right -block 3 will have brahmos firing capability and also land attack capability with syntheitic apperture radar
But isn't Block 3 are already in service Shankar?

arya

Country flag
hi

we can think for few planes but that should be few hey what the progress of India dream project with Russia for fighter plane when we will that plane

please tell me any current news for the joint project

jai hind

ppgj

hi

we can think for few planes but that should be few hey what the progress of India dream project with Russia for fighter plane when we will that plane

please tell me any current news for the joint project

jai hind
arya, there is a separate thread 'pakfa/fgfa'. checkout.

venom

DFI Technocrat
The speculation about the order for 50 more aircrafts must be for Su-35 but India will likely Name it As SU-30Mki is order order to avoid resistance from other countries...

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Progress/modernisation is good. Coming from Sukoi it's even better.

StealthSniper

16-20 SUkhoi-35 will be a maintenance nightmare, no matter how close they are to MKI. Lets stick to SU-30MKI.

Although I would love to see some Su-35 in the IAF fleet I agree with you. I think we should get more SU-30 MKI and continue with the upgrade stages with them.

shankarosky

ut isn't Block 3 are already in service Shankar?

it is not full capable block 3 - Brahmos still not integrated into sukhoi airframe and active scanning radar IRBIS or equivalent -some say even engine upgrade is on cards

arya

Country flag
hi

why don't we go for su47 i think its better then su35

what u guys say

jai hind

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles