Russia Formalises Su-35 Offer To India

AJSINGH

Can Su-35BM serve in INS-Vikrant??
Nope Su35BM is too big aircraft for INS Vikrant but maybe just maybe the navalised version of Su35Bm can be operated from our very own ADS provided it has steam catapult ,anyways better yet operate upgraded Su33 or Mig29K

VayuSena1

Professional
Nope Su35BM is too big aircraft for INS Vikrant but maybe just maybe the navalised version of Su35Bm can be operated from our very own ADS provided it has steam catapult ,anyways better yet operate upgraded Su33 or Mig29K
I think he is referring to the new Vikrant that IS becoming a part of Indian Navy's fleet.

p2prada

I think he is referring to the new Vikrant that IS becoming a part of Indian Navy's fleet.
Nevertheless, the Flanker is too big for a carrier. Especially when we don't have catapults. Take off at half load isn't exactly a fairy tale plane. The Mig-29k performs better for carrier aviation.

pankaj nema

Country flag
why don t we go for Su 35 in the MMRCA and reject all other planes.

In a recent chinese analysis of the world's TOP 10 FIGHTER PLANES Su 35 was ranked the number 2 plane.

all other MMRCA contenders were much below it.

Agantrope

Su-35 is Heavy combat aircraft when others are not as heavy as the Su-35. There is difference between Medium MRCA and Heavy MRCA

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
why don t we go for Su 35 in the MMRCA and reject all other planes.

In a recent chinese analysis of the world's TOP 10 FIGHTER PLANES Su 35 was ranked the number 2 plane.

all other MMRCA contenders were much below it.
because we cannot use a bull elephant to do the job of a Doberman!

The MMRCA competition is being held to get a multi-role aircraft for India, the "TERMINATOR" is primarily an air-superiority aircraft, we already have the MKI for that role .Also with reported possible upgrades to the MKI it will become as good as if not better than the SU-35.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
i think india should consider this offer primarily because su-35 is the best 4++ generation fighter(much better than all the contenders of mmrca) today,and the slow pace of production of su-30 by hal and the increasing no. of mig 21 crashes,india can go for 1or 2 squadrons of readymade su-35.indian navy can also consider 1-2 squadrons for a land based maritime strike role.we now surely having enough money since we are buying all kinds of costly junks from US eg: c 130j.c-17.harpoon ,javelin etc

icecoolben

because we cannot use a bull elephant to do the job of a Doberman!

The MMRCA competition is being held to get a multi-role aircraft for India, the "TERMINATOR" is primarily an air-superiority aircraft, we already have the MKI for that role .Also with reported possible upgrades to the MKI it will become as good as if not better than the SU-35.
Do u even know what a multi-role plane is?

Crusader53

i think india should consider this offer primarily because su-35 is the best 4++ generation fighter(much better than all the contenders of mmrca) today,and the slow pace of production of su-30 by hal and the increasing no. of mig 21 crashes,india can go for 1or 2 squadrons of readymade su-35.indian navy can also consider 1-2 squadrons for a land based maritime strike role.we now surely having enough money since we are buying all kinds of costly junks from US eg: c 130j.c-17.harpoon ,javelin etc

I think you need to cut back on the Medication. (i.e. costly junk from the US eg: C-130, C-17, Harpoon, Javelin, etc.):emot4:

Respectfully,

jstcvw09cd

frankly speaking, procurement of Su-35BM is not a good deal, compared with upgrade of existing 30MKI and further purchase of Super 30MKI.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
frankly speaking the su-35 bm will still be a better plane than upgraded su-30mki equipped with aesa(though not by much).but the only problem in inducting su-35bm(in small no.-may be1-2 squadrons) is that iaf have to set-up separate training,maintanence,logistic facilities for su-35 and hence it will be a lot of expenditure for another air-superority fighter other than su-30.the best option is to wait for 5-6 years till the single seater pak-fa be inducted in iaf(abut 50 no.) and wait till the induction of fgfa by 2018-2020.

neo29

India has already ordered total of around 260 su-30 mki. 30 billion Pak Fa is also in process. It is highly unlikely that the Su-35 will be seen in IAF anytime. But considering it for naval aviation is likely.

SHASH2K2

India has already ordered total of around 260 su-30 mki. 30 billion Pak Fa is also in process. It is highly unlikely that the Su-35 will be seen in IAF anytime. But considering it for naval aviation is likely.
Su35 is of same class as SU 30 . I dont think Navy will be going for heave class fighters in any time soon. Thats the reason they are going to MIG 29 and LCA.

Kinshuk

Why don't we cancel further orders and pump in some money and get Su 35 to achieve 230 MARK?

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Why don't we cancel further orders and pump in some money and get Su 35 to achieve 230 MARK?
It would look stupid to cancel last minute orders when both HAL and UAC has already gone into fully assembling the MKIs. Anyways with the upgrades coming up we will make the MKIs to SU-35's level of AESA radars. So there's no point in adding something additional. And you know how much IAF is obsessed with 2-seaters. So much so that it refused a 1 seater platform for a futuristic FGFA that will already be almost entirely automated with advanced control systems and minimal pilot workload, despite Russia warning that 2-seater configuration will compromise stealth without taking additional pains to rectify it.

sandeepdg

I have said this before in other similar threads and I will be saying it again, that going for the SU-35BM is hardly worth it since we can upgrade the SU-30 MKI to near SU-35 level of firepower and avionics. The most notable requirement for that will be the radar upgrade, if that's done we are almost there anyway. So I don't think the IN will be ordering after it has planned to induct 270 MKIs till 2018.

blade

People are completely misreading this offer from russia. They have absolutely no intention or hope to sell it to India.Russia is just preparing a ground to justify its sell of Su 35 to china while later will be termed as a downgraded version to pacify india. We like it or not many powerful people within the russian decision making machinery largely favor chinese communistic presence & the depth and sincerity of TOT with china is something which india can only dream. keep trumpeting indo russian honeymoon tale & bashing the evil USA untill we become a completely impotent nation.We rather choosing a road to find friend in europe & US always did our best to stay away from them & now we have no one with us.Its very clear MRCA winner will cheat us. In Su 30mki tot we are very badly cheated FGFA will be a even bigger cheating saga.The end will be the same story ...billions of dollars will leave our country.Almost all the top people in DRDO , HAL and other defense sector management elements are cent percent corrupted.They are twisting & turning the words to make the agreement look suitable and nice to non technical people while the real technicians & scientists have no say in the selection & negotiation process,ironocally they are the people supposed to have the best idea & say about the technology. You all may curse me but only time will tell how far i am wrong & hopefully i am wrong but at this moment i am very sure that a long time back the basic blue print of the best of therussian aerospace tech has been shipped to china. I WILL NOT BE SURPRISED TO SEE THAT A CHINESE STEALTH JET WILL JOIN PLAAF FOR A PRACTICAL BATTLE FIELD USE (may be even pakistan in small nos) MUCH BEFORE INDIA COMES EVEN CLOSE TO IT. China has a huge lobby in russia & no matter how much india tries for political hob nobing we will ever remain the second choice. Indigenous Kaveri , a good aesa , air to air weapons , mass produced decent cruise missile of 1000 km range , shells , bombs & rockets for our artillery & tanks & navy & iaf , well under ground robast comand & control systems are the only way to deter chinese which no pak fa can.

badguy2000

Respected Member
People are completely misreading this offer from russia. They have absolutely no intention or hope to sell it to India.Russia is just preparing a ground to justify its sell of Su 35 to china while later will be termed as a downgraded version to pacify india. We like it or not many powerful people within the russian decision making machinery largely favor chinese communistic presence & the depth and sincerity of TOT with china is something which india can only dream. keep trumpeting indo russian honeymoon tale & bashing the evil USA untill we become a completely impotent nation.We rather choosing a road to find friend in europe & US always did our best to stay away from them & now we have no one with us.Its very clear MRCA winner will cheat us. In Su 30mki tot we are very badly cheated FGFA will be a even bigger cheating saga.The end will be the same story ...billions of dollars will leave our country.Almost all the top people in DRDO , HAL and other defense sector management elements are cent percent corrupted.They are twisting & turning the words to make the agreement look suitable and nice to non technical people while the real technicians & scientists have no say in the selection & negotiation process,ironocally they are the people supposed to have the best idea & say about the technology. You all may curse me but only time will tell how far i am wrong & hopefully i am wrong but at this moment i am very sure that a long time back the basic blue print of the best of therussian aerospace tech has been shipped to china. I WILL NOT BE SURPRISED TO SEE THAT A CHINESE STEALTH JET WILL JOIN PLAAF FOR A PRACTICAL BATTLE FIELD USE (may be even pakistan in small nos) MUCH BEFORE INDIA COMES EVEN CLOSE TO IT. China has a huge lobby in russia & no matter how much india tries for political hob nobing we will ever remain the second choice. Indigenous Kaveri , a good aesa , air to air weapons , mass produced decent cruise missile of 1000 km range , shells , bombs & rockets for our artillery & tanks & navy & iaf , well under ground robast comand & control systems are the only way to deter chinese which no pak fa can.
CHina and Russia are competitors while India and Russia are not.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
china was only interested in the radar,engine of su-35 but russia was interested in selling the whole plane and so talks were were unsuccesful

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles