Russia deploys S-400 air defense systems in Far East near North Korea Border

bhramos

Country flag
Russia deploys S-400 air defense systems in Far East

ULAN BATOR, August 26 (RIA Novosti) - Russia has deployed advanced S-400 Triumf air defense systems in the Far East to counter the potential threat posed by N. Korea's missile tests, the chief of General Staff said on Wednesday.
"We have already deployed a battalion of the S-400 systems in Russia's Far East in order to guarantee protection from failed launches of [N. Korean] missiles and to ensure that the fragments of these missiles never fall on Russian territory," Gen. Nikolai Makarov told a news conference in the capital of Mongolia.

North Korea has test launched several ballistic missiles from its eastern coast since January. The missiles are believed to be Scud-type and traveled up to 500 kilometers (300 miles) before falling into the Sea of Japan.
Makarov said Moscow was concerned over the proximity of North Korea's missile launch sites to Russia's borders, and would continue to take preventive measures, including the use of sophisticated air defense systems, to protect the country from failed launches.
The S-400 Triumf (SA-21 Growler) is designed to intercept and destroy airborne targets at distances of up to 400 kilometers (250 miles), twice the range of the U.S. MIM-104 Patriot, and two-and-a-half times that of Russia's S-300PMU-2.
The system is also believed to be able to destroy stealth aircraft, cruise missiles and ballistic missiles, and is effective at ranges of up to 3,500 kilometers (2,200 miles) and speeds of up to 4.8 kilometers (3 miles) per second.
A regular S-400 battalion comprises at least eight launchers with 32 missiles and a mobile command post, according to various sources. The new state arms procurement program until 2015 stipulates the purchase of enough S-400 air defense systems to arm 18 battalions during this period.
Russia has previously deployed two S-400 regiments to protect the airspace around Moscow and industrial regions in the central part of the country.

Russia deploys S-400 air defense systems in Far East | Top Russian news and analysis online | 'RIA Novosti' newswire

IBRIS

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Turkey, has expressed interest in buying S-400 Triumf air defense systems from Russia, a Russian defense industry.
Russia had exhibited over 120 types of weaponry at the IDEF 2009 arms show in Istanbul. S-400 is not just a simple air defense system but an element of strategic missile defenses. I hope we don't buy this system to flush our own Missile Defence System AAD to get our hands on S-400.

bhramos

Country flag
S-400 can destroy Stealth Aircraft and Cruise Missiles too.
but our AAD is just BMD.

shankarosky

-S-400 is a very capable system and we need some for our nuclear installations if not already installed

natarajan

Turkey, has expressed interest in buying S-400 Triumf air defense systems from Russia, a Russian defense industry.
Russia had exhibited over 120 types of weaponry at the IDEF 2009 arms show in Istanbul. S-400 is not just a simple air defense system but an element of strategic missile defenses. I hope we don't buy this system to flush our own Missile Defence System AAD to get our hands on S-400.
no ibris,we should get a few and put them in all four metro cities ,nuke sites and other important locations especially in arunachal region(ne)

bhramos

Country flag
we can buy some of these with TOT, so we can use them on our future upgrades of our AAD too.
anyway Russia will definatly give us TOT.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
S-400 can destroy Stealth Aircraft and Cruise Missiles too.
but our AAD is just BMD.
I take the Stealth Plane Destruction part with some Doubts. We have to have more information as to how the S400 takes care of these stealth figthers, especially the Raptor. I doubt if we will ever know, but still I have my doubts.

Cruise Missiles are easy to take out, Russia boasted that Its Mig31s could have taken out 90% of the Cruise Missiles fired at Iraq. I believe them too.

bhramos

Country flag
yeah u r right too,
but do we have any defence against Cruise missiles? i think no.
as of now babur is N-capable missile ,
i think in Bosnian or the Serbian war SA-2 took out F-117,
that wreckage is brought to Russia and tested anti-stealth techniques ,
so their is some thin chance creditability, may be our neighbours are r not going for F-22/F-35's anyway, maybe some J-XX.
but with TOT we can use that tech in our AAD ,
it makes lot of difference.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
yeah u r right too,
but do we have any defence against Cruise missiles? i think no.
as of now babur is N-capable missile ,
i think in Bosnian or the Serbian war SA-2 took out F-117,
that wreckage is brought to Russia and tested anti-stealth techniques ,
so their is some thin chance creditability, may be our neighbours are r not going for F-22/F-35's anyway, maybe some J-XX.
but with TOT we can use that tech in our AAD ,
it makes lot of difference.
We have capability to take Cruise Missiles, most of our Fighter Jets can, and not to forget those SAMs too! So dont worry much of the Baburs. The Paks have to fire atleast 900 Baburs in the start of the hositlity to atleast try to make a dent on out airbases. I mean, the US fired like 60 cruise missiles from a single destroyer to destory a single target in Iraq!!!! But still Cruise missiles are formidable, we got a decent network to pick up cruise missile launches I believe.

bhramos

Country flag
yeah u maybe right , i'm not such expert,
but why did India refuse S-400 when Russia offered us.
until now i never seen the pics of S-300 in service with IA,
i never remember they were shown on Republic Day parade too.
in early 90's the IA version of S-300V were upgraded to PMU.
do u have any info about it?

vikramrana_1812

Country flag
yeah u maybe right , i'm not such expert,
but why did India refuse S-400 when Russia offered us.
until now i never seen the pics of S-300 in service with IA,
i never remember they were shown on Republic Day parade too.
in early 90's the IA version of S-300V were upgraded to PMU.
do u have any info about it?
IA here is not Indian Airforce....it is ISRAEL

lcatejas

Re: Russia deploys S-400 air defense systems in Far East near North Ko

Oho... NK conducts missile test in there own country i thought they do this in PAK ... :laugh:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles