Royal Enfield: The First True 'Global' Indian Brand?

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Mahindra bought BSA brand also recently. They bought all three oldies brand now.
Ya'll Nibbiars in India the Yezdi carries more Premiums and is more famous.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Royal Enfield Meteor has a killing look. Royal Enfield is all about the style and durability. At one point of time, its owner had decided to shut the factory but his son decided otherwise and made it a world class brand.

Reactions: SKC

Haldilal

Country flag
Royal Enfield Meteor has a killing look. Royal Enfield is all about the style and durability. At one point of time, its owner had decided to shut the factory but his son decided otherwise and made it a world class brand.
Ya'll Nibbiars thats you and I think not others like @Waanar Nibba, @BlackViking Nibba, @Nationalist Manasvi Papa Nibba and @Kumata Nibba whi dont like RE and also not Jawa.

Kumata

Country flag
Per se, RE is not a global brand. If it was to be considered than Bajaj & hero too export to africa and are global brands.

Kumata

Country flag
Style, I agree. Thats their selling point. Durability .. Not sure ...

rest, Sid lal have done a awesome work in reviving the brand and bringing it to where it is now. Kudos to him.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars @Kumata nibba see what your hamsakal is saying.

Kumata

Country flag
20 Years old Royal enfield is sold at a price more that its purchase price. This is the power of Royal enfield.
Yeah.. Old CI do Sell.. I agree since they still carry that old world charm..

Try selling a UCE Modern one!!!!!!!!

Haldilal

Country flag

Ya'll Nibbiars the modern Interceptor twins are good.

Kumata

Country flag
My biggest Grouse with RE is their Weight and reliability..

Perhaps .. none of the bikes age well except for Japs...

Haldilal

Country flag
My biggest Grouse with RE is their Weight and reliability..

Perhaps .. none of the bikes age well except for Japs...
Ya'll Nibbiars Aap who Honda CB 350 lane wale the na kya hua?.

Kumata

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Aap who Honda CB 350 lane wale the na kya hua?.
when ... BC Even i also don't know i was buying honda highness....

On a serious note, I am waiting for few things... If i move than no point in wasting money here...

Haldilal

Country flag
when ... BC Even i also don't know i was buying honda highness....

On a serious note, I am waiting for few things... If i move than no point in wasting money here...
Ya'll Nibbiars November on the chit chat was taking about CB 350.

scatterStorm

Country flag

I agree, I was gunning for The Meteor 350. I still do believe that they aren't there yet. The CB350 RS I rode (took a test drive) is probably the most comfy ride I felt after a very long time. My only personal peeve about it is, its top end is really too long, why not add another gear to break the very long top end as a 6th gear. That would've been made to a almost perfect ride.

My dream bike though is the Enfield Interceptor 650 twin. Its just not built for the cities, rode my friends bike, had a hard-time pushing it into traffic, its heavy man.

Kumata

Country flag
I agree, I was gunning for The Meteor 350. I still do believe that they aren't there yet. The CB350 RS I rode (took a test drive) is probably the most comfy ride I felt after a very long time. My only personal peeve about it is, its top end is really too long, why not add another gear to break the very long top end as a 6th gear. That would've been made to a almost perfect ride.

My dream bike though is the Enfield Interceptor 650 twin. Its just not built for the cities, rode my friends bike, had a hard-time pushing it into traffic, its heavy man.
Hows the weight on Meteor ???

These are meant for highways and i live in twisties...

scatterStorm

Country flag
Hows the weight on Meteor ???

These are meant for highways and i live in twisties...
Manageable, I would say you would still feel the weight, but cruisers were never meant to, you know corner clearing. Meteor 350s mid end is what you would love in the cities or twistiness.

However, I would prefer CB350RS on the twisties because of the better gripping provided by the rear 150 section tires and somewhat useless but still working Traction control. I mean it kicks in at those moments when you know, that you fucked up, but never once when you boast about it in front of your chaps, and you make a fool out of yourself. :daru:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles