Roubini: India Will Beat China Hands Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

badguy2000

Respected Member
I read rediff today and found Roubini's comrade there---Mr. Chidambaram, India's home minister.

Indian's comments on the article fully tell me what ordinary Indians really think of such odd " india to catch up with CHina"

http://business.rediff.com/report/2...o-overtake-chinas-growth-rate-chidambaram.htm

India poised to overtake China's growth rate: Chidambaram

Having shrugged off the impact of the global economic crisis, India [ Images ] appears poised to overtake China's high growth rate in the next 10 years, feels Home Minister P Chidambaram [ Images ].

"While the last decade was remarkable and exciting, this decade will be more exciting for India. There is more possibility that India could overtake China's growth rates," he said at a Business Standard-organised function in Mumbai [ Images ] on Tuesday night.

China, world's sixth largest economy, has recorded an average nine per cent growth over the last two decades, while India has seen growth touch nine per cent only in the three years till 2007-08. But the global financial crisis ate into this progress and growth slipped to 6.7 per cent in 2008-09.

amoy

China, world's sixth largest economy
outdated? now China shall be No.3 (or No.2 if it's true CN overtakes JP last/this year) http://siteresources.worldbank.org/DATASTATISTICS/Resources/GDP.pdf

but that could be but a game of statistics, with RMB appreciation borne in mind.

S Korea and Japan, both export oriented economies, and both in E.Asia, somehow are more inspiring for CN . But of course CN has far more stamina in the long run with its own largely untapped domestic market.

but India shall not be underestimated, but that's S.Asia pattern

Country flag
Chinese market has become saturated and many economists and big institutions are doubting the numbers China claims to be putting out so this and a looming trade war would have big money moving out, the Chinese bubble is going to burst and people are just trying to get out at the best prices and returns.

badguy2000

Respected Member
outdated? now China shall be No.3 (or No.2 if it's true CN overtakes JP last/this year) http://siteresources.worldbank.org/DATASTATISTICS/Resources/GDP.pdf

but that could be but a game of statistics, with RMB appreciation borne in mind.

S Korea and Japan, both export oriented economies, and both in E.Asia, somehow are more inspiring for CN . But of course CN has far more stamina in the long run with its own largely untapped domestic market.

but India shall not be underestimated, but that's S.Asia pattern
Babus in Indian government rarely check data or feasibility before they make any statement or decision.

Most of their energy is spent in caculating how many votes their statement can earn

badguy2000

Respected Member
Chinese market has become saturated and many economists and big institutions are doubting the numbers China claims to be putting out so this and a looming trade war would have big money moving out, the Chinese bubble is going to burst and people are just trying to get out at the best prices and returns.
Before CHina's per capital nominal GDP reachs 10K USD, India hardly has chance to grow faster than CHina.

however, When CHina's per capital nominal GDP reachs 10K USD, CHina will have almost finished industrialization and won't care India grow a bit faster than CHina.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Babus in Indian government rarely check data or feasibility before they make any statement or decision.

Most of their energy is spent in caculating how many votes their statement can earn
Babus don't fight elections. The politicians do, you need to know more about india and indian terms.

Country flag
Before CHina's per capital nominal GDP reachs 10K USD, India hardly has chance to grow faster than CHina.

however, When CHina's per capital nominal GDP reachs 10K USD, CHina will have almost finished industrialization and won't care India grow a bit faster than CHina.
India has picked up momentum while China has peeked, China's GDP of 10k would mean Chinese GDP would have to double something that takes decades for most industialized countries and in an economic slump it will be a lot longer.

Rage

DFI TEAM
I read rediff today and found Roubini's comrade there---Mr. Chidambaram, India's home minister.

Indian's comments on the article fully tell me what ordinary Indians really think of such odd " india to catch up with CHina"

http://business.rediff.com/report/2...o-overtake-chinas-growth-rate-chidambaram.htm

Dunno what the f^ck you're trying to do. Whether it's to troll or just be cute.

What do you know about Chidambaram, eh? He holds a Masters in Business Administration from Harvard. He also has a Bachelor's in Statistics from the Presidency School. He has held the Finance Minister's post under two very different regimes: the United Front government and the UPA. If you've ever dared followed his personality long enough, you will know that he doesn't make absurd statements. So yes, he is qualified to make such a prognosis, and the fact that he does, ascribes even more confidence to Nouriel's buoyant, if somewhat ambiguous, statements.

Save us all your non-economic think of "what ordinary Indians really feel of such odd " india to catch up with CHina"". For a 'banker', your knowledge of fundamental economics is abysmal. You'd not be hired by any bank in India in any capacity other than a clerical one, let alone work for one of the better known banks. I hope you're the exception, not the norm.

Rage

DFI TEAM

Ahahahaha! There is a large, hebetudinous, educated bureaucracy independent of any government.

They are responsible for data collection and the like. Besides a plethora of other, private data collection agencies such as Indicus or India Stat. It is impossible to fabricate economic data without a private agency finding out.

Funny. We were always under the impression that "political statements" happened once every five years, at election time. Wouldn't think a government minister, one of the inside coterie nonetheless, who has been finance minister for two terms at various int'll fora, would erode his credibility via sappy statements, particularly when he is never prone to making them.

ROFL. Poor understanding of economics yet again. When China's per-capita nominal GDP approaches and surpasses 10K USD, predictably in the next twelve years or so, it will have lost a great degree of its comparative advantage in low-cost manufacturing to India. At which point, India will begin to experience similar double-digit growth rates China witnessed in the late '90's and mid-2000's, while China's growth will ostensibly slow to a stable 8%.

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
Dunno what the f^ck you're trying to do. Whether it's to troll or just be cute.

What do you know about Chidambaram, eh? He holds a Masters in Business Administration from Harvard. He also has a Bachelor's in Statistics from the Presidency School. He has held the Finance Minister's post under two very different regimes: the United Front government and the UPA. If you've ever dared followed his personality long enough, you will know that he doesn't make absurd statements. So yes, he is qualified to make such a prognosis, and the fact that he does, ascribes even more confidence to Nouriel's buoyant, if somewhat ambiguous, statements.

Save us all your non-economic think of "what ordinary Indians really feel of such odd " india to catch up with CHina"". For a 'banker', your knowledge of fundamental economics is abysmal. You'd not be hired by any bank in India in any capacity other than a clerical one, let alone work for one of the better known banks. I hope you're the exception, not the norm.
Need I say more? is it your hobby to use"the f^ck "?

it is really a wonder that you have not been banned when you have such a hobby!iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Rage

DFI TEAM
did Pricewaterhousecoopers prdict the fate of Enron and Rayman?

BTW, which guy on hell endorse the annuel reports of Enron and Rayman?
ROFLMAO. You get more inane by the minute. Did any economic agency predict the fate of Enron? Is PwC the same since their Houston office audited Enron's accounts, or has its management consulting unit been separated from its accounting and auditing business by taking PwC public?

Is the 'corruption' culpability attached to the executive of an accounting firm validating the books of a large corporation the same as that attached to validating the growth of an economy?

Rage

DFI TEAM
Need I say more? is it your hobby to use"the f^ck "?

it is really a wonder that you have not been banned when you have such a hobby!iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
What the f^ck's wrong with you? Don't you speak English?

Do you not understand what "the f^ck" as an interjection in an English sentence means? Get some English lessons, coon.

Or are you in the habit of trying to attribute to me a 'hobby', because you can't respond to the post.

Here's an exercise for you chichimaan: Learn the meaning of the interjection "the f^ck" in an English sentence.

Recognize that it is not directed at anybody's person.

Recognize its 'cognates' and usages.

When you've done, come back and look at this sentence with a magnifying glass.

Let me give you an example: You will shut the f^ck up if you want to remain on this forum. Or I will make your life so miserable, you'll wish you never used the pseudonym 'badguy'.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Knock it off you both. I don't have to keep reminding you that you are respected members on this forum. Stop getting into all this.

johnee

BG, why do you resort to delibrate provoking and trolling in all the threads and deviate them instead of focussing on the discussion on hand? Lets all stick to the topic, shall we?

badguy2000

Respected Member
BG, why do you resort to delibrate provoking and trolling in all the threads and deviate them instead of focussing on the discussion on hand? Lets all stick to the topic, shall we?
well ,it is not a deliberate "trolling".

I just feel that people always can tell more truth and real idea where they thought foreigners were absent. .

So, I do think the comments on Rediff obviously represent the mainstream ideas of indian netizens than many comments here.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Last edited:

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
In growth rates, its a matter of a few years before India catches and overtakes China. It is just something waiting to happen.

India is 8 years behind China in nominal annual GDP. I think the difference will increase for a few years before it starts reducing in a decade or so.

http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds...hl=en#met=ny_gdp_mktp_cd&idim=country:IND:CHN

Anyway, China is not a benchmark for us. Just a milestone that we will cross and leave behind.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador

I just feel that people always can tell more truth and real idea where they thought their comments were not read by foreigners.

So, I do think the comments on Rediff obviously represent the mainstream ideas of indian netizens than many comments here.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
This is an Indian forum and Indians are posting here NO HOLDS BARRED.

You would be a fool to think otherwise. Rediff attracts people of a certain bent of thought, this place another. Too difficult for some commies made from the same cookie cutter to understand?

Rage

DFI TEAM

I just feel that people always can tell more truth and real idea where they thought their comments were not read by foreigners.

Anything that is posted on the internet is viewable by others, and is deemed to be so while posting. Not least on Rediff, whose readership spans an increased international audience, particularly of Pakistanis.

Your fundamental understanding of the Indian psyche is flawed. Indians have and will always lambaste their publique bureaucrats and their government machinery when they see the chance. They are little aware of what good their government does, when it does it, and more so of its failings: that is just a consequence of the media's constant highlight of negative externalities.

Those who are aware, who study economics and the like, have a more nuanced view. Hence, they will draw logical extrapolations and ratiocinations based on comprehensive fact, not on heightened unitarian-views.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles