RFP issued for India navy amphibious vessels (LHD or LPD type)

Super falcon

Country flag
San Antonio will be chosen because indian navy is comfortable with us made systems Mistral was a top runner year ago but since USA need a reliable partner in Asia as it's loosing space in middle east they will happy to sell their ships to India to catch a loosing ground of weapons sells from middle east with India as a defence partner

Still believe Mistral's are better due to a low price than Antonio and very reliable platform

Mistral advantage is that in can use mix of Russian us french weapons but with San Antonio Russia KA 52 anti sub is unusable due to communication issue with ship and halo but France can give India that live rage to use whatever India needs

Super falcon

Country flag
Turkish navy will be using it's new Anadolu LHD ship squired from Spanish Navantinia group as sole drone carrier after F 35 was denied by🇺🇲it seems good that these drones will be more lethal than F 35 specially Kizalema drone

Do India will have any plans for their upcoming LHD LPD to be used one of them as a fully operational drone carrier as this will resolve the matter of third AC for indian navy cheaply

Fatalis

Country flag
I'm not understanding how are they gonna operate drones from this? I understand the launching part but how are they gonna land it? Will it come with arrested cables? All the mentioned drones are CTOL and this ship was meant for VTOL.

binayak95

Country flag
I'm not understanding how are they gonna operate drones from this? I understand the launching part but how are they gonna land it? Will it come with arrested cables? All the mentioned drones are CTOL and this ship was meant for VTOL.
farts and sparkles mate.
Landing an autonomous vehicle on a moving pitching rolling ship is extremely hard. I know because I have seen IN's new VTOL hexacopters that do it.

Its extremely hard to compute that kind of variables AND then to keep the drone light and have it long endurance

1670055986687.png

Fatalis

Country flag
farts and sparkles mate.
Landing an autonomous vehicle on a moving pitching rolling ship is extremely hard. I know because I have seen IN's new VTOL hexacopters that do it.

Its extremely hard to compute that kind of variables AND then to keep the drone light and have it long endurance

View attachment 184635
Sir ji, adding to that they are quoting on using CTOL drones instead of VTOL drones. Hope they have some kind of fish net or they add the arrested wires.

Super falcon

Country flag
Bro since drones are very lighter than fighter jet enough runway available and may be lighter arrested cables be interested too but they will use it as drone

And remember turkey bought F 35 for these were not VTOL so they are capable handling jets like F 35 CTOL definitely 😁

Fatalis

Country flag
In addition to submarines, Naval Group has signed MoUs with Hindustan Shipyard Limited, Visakhapatnam to support their bid for the Navy’s Landing Platform Dock (LPD) ships and with Larsen and Toubro (L&T) to support their midget submarine development.

Navantia: “This is for us only the first step in our partnership with L&T because we are also teaming with them for the offer for the LPDs (landing platform docks),” he said, referring to India’s plans to acquire the amphibious warfare vessels.

So, it seems we have two players for LHD program:
1. HSL + Naval Group
2. L&T + Navantia

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles