Retaking POK and GB during a Chinese invasion of Taiwan

Kumaoni

Yeah, so basically you and I have got the same idea - it's gotta be the sneaky breeky way.
Tactical surprise is a MUST in mountain warfare. Else you will get another Daruchian level failure.

Blood+

Country flag
Tactical surprise is a MUST in mountain warfare. Else you will get another Daruchian level failure.
Yeah and that's what troubles me as our generals in the regular army, well most of them anyway, seem to be seriously lacking in imagination and out-of-the-box thinking, a fact that has been the subject of much lamentation by many of our generals and lower-ranking officers serving in the SOFs.

Last edited:

Kumaoni

Yeah and that's what troubles me as our generals in the regular army, well most of them anyway, seem to be seriously lacking in imagination and out-of-the-box thinking, a fact that has been regurgitated and lamented on multiple occasions by multiple generals and lower-ranking officers serving in the SOFs.
Lt. Cols, Majors and Captains of the Indian army are severely underrated. As it was them who often saved precarious situations. If leadership was ever lacking, it was at the Corps or Divisional level. The lower level has been replete with brilliant officers. The plans by 4 Kumaon we’re all made by a Lt. col named Nasim Arthur Salick.

In 1948, this very battalion captured an entire mountain range, against a battalion strength defender size. It was done squarely by non conventional tactics.

Many such battles like this have been forgotten. They need to be analyzed more.

Blood+

Country flag
Lt. Cols, Majors and Captains of the Indian army are severely underrated. As it was them who often saved precarious situations. If leadership was ever lacking, it was at the Corps or Divisional level. The lower level has been replete with brilliant officers. The plans by 4 Kumaon we’re all made by a Lt. col named Nasim Arthur Salick.

In 1948, this very battalion captured an entire mountain range, against a battalion strength defender size. It was done squarely by non conventional tactics.

Many such battles like this have been forgotten. They need to be analyzed more.
Couldn't have agreed more.

Blood+

Country flag

Yeah, Desmond Hayde was another such officer - a brilliant tactician to say the least. But unfortunately, these guys don't seem to be able to make the cut when it comes to climbing the ladder of promotions!! Instead, it's the ass kissers and bootlickers who usually make it to the top.
I think it can be attributed to institutional inertia where any new ideas are not only frowned upon but actively discouraged, instead, you are expected to conduct everything by the book, which really means in effect is - just do as you've been told, don't ask any questions and say 'Sir, Yes Sir!!' to whatever order your immediate superior barks to you. No wonder the washout rate is so high among the lower-ranking officers of the Indian Army.

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
You smoke up Karachi port and Bin Qasem port and Pakistan will surrender the next day.
Convert die or leave is always an option.
@AlKardai it's Halal, we are going to avenge Raliv Ghaliv Tsaliv one day. Also giving haha reacts on my Karachi port kaboom opinion doesn't change the fact that more than 95% of Pakistan's sea trade happens through KPT and BQPT since Karachi is the only functional port you have. Even a single disruption can bring already bankrupt Pakistan to its knees.

Last edited:

Kumaoni

@AlKardai it's Halal, we are going to avenge Raliv Ghaliv Tsaliv one day. Also giving haha reacts on my Karachi port kaboom opinion doesn't change the fact that more than 95% of Pakistan's sea trade happens through KPT and BQPT since Karachi is the only functional port you have. Even a single disruption can bring already bankrupt Pakistan to its knees.
Porkies getting roasted 🥰

jai jaganath

Country flag
Yeah in far ranges that could do the work
I mean firing few Agni series missile or tbm or bhramos would be enough and not even coming close to mainland

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Yeah in far ranges that could do the work
I mean firing few Agni series missile or tbm or bhramos would be enough and not even coming close to mainland
You don't need ballistic or cruise missiles for that, a few long range rocket artillery and loitering munitions are enough since all of Pakistan's most important cities are very close to Indian border.

jai jaganath

Country flag
You don't need ballistic or cruise missiles for that, a few long range rocket artillery and loitering munitions are enough since all of Pakistan's most important cities are very close to Indian border.
For Karachi u may need cruise missiles or even few tbm can be effective
If u want complete destruction of port
Which would be wonderful

Samaritan

Country flag
It's all wishful thinking! You need aggregation to your core for this kind of act ! with Vasudhave kutumbakm mind set you can not achieve this. We are in comfort zone with our economy and technological advancement .
This mind set of luxury life will not change so easily.
The old sanatana dharma which advocates killing for purpose or rule of dharma needs to propagate. The Agniveer scheme should be made compulsory to all the Indian youth between 17 to 21 then only you can have change in mindset. We could not fight with the internal enemy when they wedge war based on religion.
If you want this to happen , make India non Islamic nation first. Through out all the non Indian residence from here. Hang Terror and their supports immediately with few weeks without any delay. and then lets talk about invasion in POK and GB. Do not feel offensive of my post but I feel we do not have apatite to eat properly what we have , what will we do with additional burden. I would be happiest person if we could take GB , remember , It may start nuclear war !

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles