Retaking POK and GB during a Chinese invasion of Taiwan

Detective Pennington

Country flag
Given how distracted NATO is with Ukraine, all that realistically stops India from taking back POK/GB is China and Paki nukes. Given that this Ukraine situation is going to continue for several years possibly, if China decides to go at Taiwan, Pakistan’s only ally will be Erdoggy’s Turkey and maybe assghan Talibs. rest of the world will pay lip service about deescalation and restraint or condemn India but at most will put some sanctions.

Is it realistic to be able to forcefully annex POK/GB? Does pak military have terrain advantage to offset conventional conflict disadvantage? Will economic sanctions make the difference in ability to fund the operation? Will Turkey and Talibs send ttroops to help Pak? Can we intercept Paki cruise missiles? Discuss.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Given how distracted NATO is with Ukraine, all that realistically stops India from taking back POK/GB is China and Paki nukes. Given that this Ukraine situation is going to continue for several years possibly, if China decides to go at Taiwan, Pakistan’s only ally will be Erdoggy’s Turkey and maybe assghan Talibs. rest of the world will pay lip service about deescalation and restraint or condemn India but at most will put some sanctions.

Is it realistic to be able to forcefully annex POK/GB? Does pak military have terrain advantage to offset conventional conflict disadvantage? Will economic sanctions make the difference in ability to fund the operation? Will Turkey and Talibs send ttroops to help Pak? Can we intercept Paki cruise missiles? Discuss.
You smoke up Karachi port and Bin Qasem port and Pakistan will surrender the next day.

Optimus

Country flag

I have a question regarding this suppose we retake pok and gb what will we do to those radicalized people

cereal killer

Country flag
I have a question regarding this suppose we retake pok and gb what will we do to those radicalized people
Pok Mirpur Muzzfarabad will be a problem.. I think it will be best if keep them away. GB is a different scenario. People of Hunda Baltistan Skardu don't identify themselves as Kashmiris.
India should make it a Federally restricted area to appease local population & announce some infrastructure projects.

Detective Pennington

Country flag
Pok Mirpur Muzzfarabad will be a problem.. I think it will be best if keep them away. GB is a different scenario. People of Hunda Baltistan Skardu don't identify themselves as Kashmiris.
India should make it a Federally restricted area to appease local population & announce some infrastructure projects.
Convert die or leave is always an option.

cereal killer

Country flag
Convert die or leave is always an option.
Can't do that... We are no China. India houses largest Muslim population in the world... Counting even illegal immigrants in. That would invite all kind of sanctions & god knows what. I think people are more sane there compared to Inbred Mirpuris & Punjabis.
Their poor HDI index indicate that region is devoid of any sorta development. Compared to that J&K's HDI looks like a developed European country. You can sell tried & tested Art 370 type rule there or something along the lines what we do in NE states. Keeping that region stable would be ideal for keeping the calm in remaining J&K. People will easily buy that. Few years down the line u can change the status quo slowly.

Kumaoni

Taking PoK. Contrary to popular belief, india missed their last shot to take Muzzafarabad in 1948. While PA had a 3:1 advantage in the entirety of the Kashmir sector, India had managed to gain the entire Qazinag Feature, and even snatched Pandu and the Kathai Ridge (point 6873). Pandu was the base to take Chakoti, but the thrust from the southern side was halted. Then came June and July of 48, when Nehru decided to ban all offensive operations, and a few features like Pandu and Chunj were lost. Later, we vacated a few important posts like Pir Kanthi, which Pakistan occupied.

Many argue we didn’t have the logistics to take it, but I say we didn’t even try. In the Chakoti-Uri offensive, we threw only one Brigade to attack one Pakistani, One Azad Kashmir Brigade; besides hundreds of Lashkars. The offensive was doomed to fail, and India only gained the Qazinag range. It’s to the courage of Jawans and amazinf planning that we didn’t lose anymore posts, despite being made to fight a defensive war in latter part 1948.

R A Varun

Country flag
Kargil style attack is the only way to retake pok without escalating it to the nuclear threshold level.
but long time emans more room for foreign intervention, russia's war on ukraine made our russian weapon system more vulnerable to spares and ammunition supplies.

it's china which through it's lobbyists, pushed USA and ukraine to speed up things on joining nato, which triggered russian threshold to launch an offensive on ukraine.

it's the himalayas, always the himalayas, if china can beat india, it's a god king of asia no matter whoever joins the fight later. that is what this is all. not taiwan not south china, it's about preventing a challenger in it's own backyard.

wanna see how modi, takes this situation under control before spares issue gets bigger. chinks have got j20's production to match our sukhois, that means we will be fighting a advanced fighter jet with 2000's tech, no matter how many adjustment's we made.

More rafales, and teja's are the only hope to reduce spares burden on airforce.

more and more armed drones need to be inducted for tactical uses at company levels to counter china in the himalayan terrain. pok is a possible machine only if taiwan is under attack

Kumaoni

Kargil style attack is the only way to retake pok without escalating it to the nuclear threshold level.
but long time emans more room for foreign intervention, russia's war on ukraine made our russian weapon system more vulnerable to spares and ammunition supplies.

it's china which through it's lobbyists, pushed USA and ukraine to speed up things on joining nato, which triggered russian threshold to launch an offensive on ukraine.

it's the himalayas, always the himalayas, if china can beat india, it's a god king of asia no matter whoever joins the fight later. that is what this is all. not taiwan not south china, it's about preventing a challenger in it's own backyard.

wanna see how modi, takes this situation under control before spares issue gets bigger. chinks have got j20's production to match our sukhois, that means we will be fighting a advanced fighter jet with 2000's tech, no matter how many adjustment's we made.

More rafales, and teja's are the only hope to reduce spares burden on airforce.

more and more armed drones need to be inducted for tactical uses at company levels to counter china in the himalayan terrain. pok is a possible machine only if taiwan is under attack
Night time attacks, and using unconventional warfare to take strategically important posts, like India did in all the wars,m. The shit we tried early on in Kargil must not happen.

Blood+

Country flag
Night time attacks, and using unconventional warfare to take strategically important posts, like India did in all the wars,m. The shit we tried early on in Kargil must not happen.
Exactly. It's the shit we did in the later parts and AFTER the Kargil war had concluded that should be our strategy. It has to be slow and methodical.

Kumaoni

Exactly. It's the shit we did in the later parts and AFTER the Kargil war had concluded that should be our strategy. It has to be slow and methodical.
I want to write a couple of articles on such tactics. They were used a number of times in each of the wars; and managed to gain large success for indiaZ

Blood+

Country flag
I want to write a couple of articles on such tactics. They were used a number of times in each of the wars; and managed to gain large success for indiaZ
What's your take on the pt5353 and the subsequent infiltration and capture of the surrounding peaks by the Indian Army?? Are you hinting at that style of operations??

Kumaoni

What's your take on the pt5353 and the subsequent infiltration and capture of the surrounding peaks by the Indian Army?? Are you hinting at that style of operations??
Pt. 5353 was never occupied by us. It was on the Loc and important. Pak occupied it, we sorrounded them.

Kumaoni

Oh In terms of ops. I’m talking about attacks on Haji Pir, Teethwal, and other posts lower in the Uri Sector.

In 1965, one company of 4 Kumaon managed to capture a feature held by two companies plus of Azad Regulars. How? By using the foresty terrain to sneak through just to when they were a stone throws away from the post. They then charged and totally took the enemy unaware. 55 claimed killed for a loss of just 5! In another Battle in this sector, a Sikh battalion managed to capture 3 features with neglible Losses by suprise attacks.

Blood+

Country flag
Pt. 5353 was never occupied by us. It was on the Loc and important. Pak occupied it, we sorrounded them.
I know all that. Our side had never occupied it because the summit itself lies on the west of the LoC. I was specifically talking about the part where we basically cordoned it off because those adjacent peaks were captured AFTER the Kargil war had ended and we did it quite discreetly, without any loss of life. So I was wondering if you were talking about those kinds of ops.

Kumaoni

I know all that. Our side had never occupied it because the summit itself lies on the west of the LoC. I was specifically talking about the part where we basically cordoned it off because those adjacent peaks were captured AFTER the Kargil war had ended and we did it quite discreetly, without any loss of life. So I was wondering if you were talking about those kinds of ops.
Both kinds. These and the ones I mentioned.

Blood+

Country flag
Oh In terms of ops. I’m talking about attacks on Haji Pir, Teethwal, and other posts lower in the Uri Sector.

In 1965, one company of 4 Kumaon managed to capture a feature held by two companies plus of Azad Regulars. How? By using the foresty terrain to sneak through just to when they were a stone throws away from the post. They then charged and totally took the enemy unaware. 55 claimed killed for a loss of just 5! In another Battle in this sector, a Sikh battalion managed to capture 3 features with neglible Losses by suprise attacks.
Yeah, so basically you and I have got the same idea - it's gotta be the sneaky breeky way. Slow and methodical, take one ridge at a time, no need to rush it. A marathon, not a sprint.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles