Restored countryside villages After the Violent Wenchuan 5.12 earthquake

badguy2000

Respected Member
On May.12th,2008, a violent earthquake striked the large area centered by Wenchuan county, Southwest China.

More than 80K people died and 150K people got injured. The violent earthquake destoyed completely several countytowns and broke down seriouly several cities.

Now, almost two years passed,and several tourist visited the earthquake-striken area and posted some photoes about the restoration in the countyside of Wenchuan county.

location of Wenchuan county in maps

WenChuan countytown before the earthquake

Wenchuan countytown right after the voilent earthquake on May 12th,2008

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
the restored villages in the countryside of Wenchuan County

badguy2000

Respected Member
the restored villages in the countryside of Wenchuan County . Hope people there can come back from pain and restart their new life ASAP.

badguy2000

Respected Member
more pictures about the restored villages in the countryside of Wenchuan County . Most of people here suffered the loss of their families ,however they are still lucky to be Chinese citizens and can restore their home rapidly with the help outside,compared with miserable fate of people in Halti .

As we all know, people in Haiti suffered more from the chaos after the earthquake than the earthquake itself

badguy2000

Respected Member
more pictures about the restored villages in the countryside of Wenchuan County

badguy2000

Respected Member
more pictures about the restored villages in the countryside of Wenchuan County

Last edited:

Rage

DFI TEAM
How many villages are we looking at?

What are their names and locations on a map.

badguy2000

Respected Member
How many villages are we looking at?

What are their names and locations on a map.
well, according to reports, most of villages have been restored ,except some abadoned ones.

Many of the damaged villages are masterplanned and rebuilt. A few are just abandoned since they are subject to landslide and other natural disasters. A few are used for tourist sites. A lot of villagers are actually relocated to safer area and live in completely new home or apartment (I think the government intends to urbanize some places), but not far from their original home.

This is a masterplan for one of the villages ruined during the earthquake, which will be completed before 5/12 this year.

badguy2000

Respected Member
more restored villages
Obviously, CHinese governement wisely has the restoration as a opportunity of urbanizaiton.

Rage

DFI TEAM
well, according to reports, most of villages have been restored ,except some abadoned ones.

Many of the damaged villages are masterplanned and rebuilt. A few are just abandoned since they are subject to landslide and other natural disasters. A few are used for tourist sites. A lot of villagers are actually relocated to safer area and live in completely new home or apartment (I think the government intends to urbanize some places), but not far from their original home.

This is a masterplan for one of the villages ruined during the earthquake, which will be completed before 5/12 this year.

No, I meant how many villages were we looking at in the pictures.

Your first four posts all seem to indicate the same village to me.

badguy2000

Respected Member
No, I meant how many villages were we looking at in the pictures.

Your first four posts all seem to indicate the same village to me.
they can not be same villages.
if you could read Chinese ,you can easily find 4 different villiages name in boards of those picture

Rage

DFI TEAM
they can not be same villages.
if you could read Chinese ,you can easily find 4 different villiages name in boards of those picture
So, tell them to me. And give me their locations on a map.

That is all I was asking from you.

masterofsea

badguy2000

你是业余来DFI呢?还是在宣传部门工作?

佩服你有这么多的闲时间.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles