Religious Demographics in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHURIDH

this way these 3 religions have 79.5 14.4 2.5 = 96.4% people, then who are the rest? :laugh:

I would say, Hindus 80%, Muslims 15.4%, Christians 2.3% around, Sikhs 1.9% and then 0.4% are rest. India is the country where so many religions were born, Islam/Christianity are grew, and its logical to believe that almost everyone might be having a religious identity, whether anyone prefer to say or not. and rest of 0.4% only belongs for mainly Buddhist, I believe :ranger:

=> while CIA Factbook reports as below:
the official census data of indian govt. is different from cia.
pleas take a look below

TABLE 21: DISTRIBUTION OF POPULATION BY RELIGION
Religion
Number
%
All religious communities
Hindus
Muslims
Christians
Sikhs
Buddhists
Jains
Others
Religion not stated
Source : Religion, Census of India 2001

Census of India: Religion

Pew research center usually gives result on the basis country's previous census ,population growth.

buddhist,jain,sikh together makes up 3.1% of india's population.
apert from them there has many small religious group specially in north east india,and country's other tribal area.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Says who ? And you don't have to be "secular". The State has to be secular. There is no requirement for an individual to be "secular".

Confirmation bias.

Or the fault of the people. Everyone practices votebank politics (maybe except a few independents but then they lose).

Congress's fault has been that it has established the concept of Nehruvian consensus as de facto policy for all governments.

And is India doing that bad ?

Besides China, India is the only country in the world to have lifted millions out of poverty in a short period of time.
From amongst all the former colonial states, India is the only to have not only survived but thrived. Infact in a few years, we will be richer than our colonial masters within 7 decades of independence.
Despite having a majority of population that is illiterate, and poor; despite having multitude of languages, castes, ethnicities, religions, regions etc. India's foundations is rock solid.
India is one of the few major country's in the world that is growing.

Lets not put the blinkers on.

Being Muslim doesn't mean being anti-national.
:lol: You and your sermons on secularism really deserves the attention of the world. In the sphere of Secularism, you are an iconoclast, an avante-garde thinker and also coincidentally full of :bs:
It's ok, we understand your need to be seen as a Muslim :ka: it's alright. Though am not sure if the 10 gurus will approve of your sentiments. But it's alright. Keep it up(all pun intended) for the Muzzies and continue spreading your hair splitting analysis on the Secular Constitution of Islamic religion.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
@spikey 360 i start the thread so i will be the highest poster in that thread.
I start the thread because i wanted to clear some misconception and lies of rw about indian demography.
Like some new member feel the percentage of real indian muslim among total population in west bengal and assam state is lower than kerala state.
I just show him in 1971 when there was no illegal migrant according to indian law.
Muslim percentage was higher in wb and assam than kerala in 1971.
They were all real indian muslim.
So how can this member expect the percentage of real indian muslim in west bengal and assam would be lower than kerala now..
Pleas tell me does it make any sense.

I also show him if he accept census data than he won't be able to prove the his claim that wb has huge number illegal migrant.
Because census data say muslim of wb grow significantly lower than rest of india.
I also show him even hindu rw also don't belive among official muslim pc 25.25% in wb in 2001 has huge number of illegal migrant.
That why hindu rw belive muslim are 35%-40% in wb.
You can't say same time muslim are 25.25% in wb and has huge illegal migrant among it.
Because the two statement can't be true at the same time.

Either there has no huge illegal migrant in wb and muslim percentage is 25.25% in 2001 or muslim percentage in wb is above 30% around 35% not 25%.
I belive there does not have huge illegal migrant and percentage was 25.25% in 2001 .
Hindu rw belives letter thing and think its 35-40% and has huge illegal migrant population.

If you don't belive me go organiser web site of vhp and search muslim percentage in wb.
You can also contract with any rss/vhp leader of wb and varify what they say.

Tathagata roy or other state bjp leader is also present in social media.
I say they belives muslim pc is 30% in wb so you can varify it.
Look, it will be better for everyone if you show your pride and admiration for your Hindu ancestors, instead of extolling the deeds and achievements of an adopted religion.

SHURIDH

@Religious demography of india is an informative thread.
Why you find it as projecting some religion's achivement!!
I don't understand it.

If you read my post in dfi from start than you should noticed i say several times that my direct ansector were suryakanta bhattacharjee a kulin hindu bengali brahmin who later converted to islam.

My maternal grand mother was also a hindu brahmin till her last breath.
It was she who give my name shuridh.

I never deny that.

Nobody can say in my dfi posts i ever say anything negative about hindu religion,general hindu population.

I also opend a thread about bijaya dasami

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
:lol: You and your sermons on secularism really deserves the attention of the world. In the sphere of Secularism, you are an iconoclast, an avante-garde thinker and also coincidentally full of :bs:
Ad hominem.

It's ok, we understand your need to be seen as a Muslim :ka: it's alright.
I will not disparage their religion irresp.

Though am not sure if the 10 gurus will approve of your sentiments. But it's alright.
11 Gurus.
And SGGS has utterances from 22 Bhagats, placed at an equal pedestal, and some of them are Muslims too.

Keep it up(all pun intended) for the Muzzies and continue spreading your hair splitting analysis on the Secular Constitution of Islamic religion.
Cheers.

Das ka das

Tihar Jail
Banned
Sikhism is nothing more than indigenous Indianized version of islam and secularism is anathema to Islam

TrueSpirit

AFAIK according to some Sikhs also Sikhism is nearer to Islam than Hinduism.
Well, closer is a relative term, would vary person to person based on his interpretation (&, knowledge) of the 3 religions.

As per me, Islam is a politico-military cult, Hinduism (well, its is no -ism really really, but an fluid ancient civilization that continues to flourish), while Sikh-ism started out as a reactionary movement heavily influenced from medieval Indian forces of Sufism etc. but acquired an overwhelmingly militant character in light of continued persecution by Mughals, Persians & Afghans.

TrueSpirit

Re: Atlas of Global Christianity: Its Findings

I have said before that there are charitable organizations which advertise on TV in the US that they will use donated money to feed starving children in India and other countries. If that money is also used to convert children to Christianity, a complaint might be made with the Federal Communications Commission.
That's more like it.

TrueSpirit

What about anti-nuclear protest in Tamil Nadu? Kerala Govt. didn't introduce family planning bill due to protest from church. Philippines is facing more problems due to high population growth than their neighboring Muslim majority countries like Malaysia, Indonesia etc.
The main demand of anti-nuclear leaders is to convert nuclear power plants to gas based plants just because America has huge shale gas reserves. In India more people died due to gas than due to nuclear.
Good observation...keep posting.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Sikhism is nothing more than indigenous Indianized version of islam and secularism is anathema to Islam
You are an idiot, if you actually believe this.

Sikhism is an Islamic sect according to our esteemed @MAYURA.
He is wrong about a lot of things as is evident in his other posts.

AFAIK according to some Sikhs also Sikhism is nearer to Islam than Hinduism.
I don't know if you want a serious discussion, or you are just commenting. If its the former, there are plenty of threads, and also the previous page where I have explained a few things. If its the latter, then understand this simple fact: Sikhism is a distinct, and unique religion.

It may have similarities with other religions, because its goal is similar to other religions, which it also acknowledges and respects, and neither Sikhism professes its superiority.

Last edited by a moderator:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

Hey, @Snuggy321 guy, relax a bit. You are crossing the line. Don't get so overwhelmed by your sentiments.
Please use report feature, if you think a post is violating our rules or is offensive. Thanks.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Sikhism is an Islamic sect according to our esteemed @MAYURA.
I request our esteemed @civafanatic and @Singh to look at Dictionary of Islam edited by TP Hughes. He may be wrong but then there is no need to ridicule me because I used his book.

And yes sikhism is an islamic sect ( indianized version of islam with borrowed or stolen stories from hinduism and islam) but the only difference is that it prohibits killing animals in halal fashion and prohibits sikhs from marrying muslims.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
. If its the former, there are plenty of threads, and also the previous page where I have explained a few things. If its the latter, then understand this simple fact: Sikhism is a distinct, and unique religion.
Everything is unique and distinct but it is a fact that sikhism is nothing but a curious mixture of hindu pantheism which is strongest form of polytheism and Islam the monotheist religion par excellence. However, TP Hughes believes sikhism is nearer and sect of Islam .

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I request our esteemed @civafanatic and @Singh to look at Dictionary of Islam edited by TP Hughes. He may be wrong but then there is no need to ridicule me because I used his book.
Then please preface by saying it is not your opinion or you don't share that opinion.
You can't have your cake and eat it too.

And yes sikhism is an islamic sect
Then Sir, you are an idiot.

( indianized version of islam with borrowed or stolen stories from hinduism and islam)
Ok. File a complaint with the copyright office.

but the only difference is that it prohibits killing animals in halal fashion and prohibits sikhs from marrying muslims.
Yes to the former, no to the latter.

Besides that the difference is
1. Sikhs don't follow Quran
2. Sikhs don't believe Prophet Muhammad was the last/greatest Prophet
3. Sikhs don't believe in Judgement Day
4. Sikhs don't face Mecca when praying
5. Sikhs don't folow Islamic Dietary Guideline
6. Sikhs don't have four wives
7. Sikhs don't follow Shariat
8. Sikhs don't keep Ramazan fasts
9. Sikhs don't believe in pilgrimages
9. The 9th Sikh Guru himself gave up his life to prevent Kashmiri Brahmins conversion to Islam
10. Sikh theology has no similarity to Islamic theology.

So in effect Sikhism is similar to Islam except in every way

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Everything is unique and distinct
No.

but it is a fact that sikhism is nothing but a curious mixture of hindu pantheism which is strongest form of polytheism and Islam the monotheist religion par excellence.
It is not a fact but your misinformed opinion. I am sure you want it to be true, because it doesn't fit in with your narrative.

However, TP Hughes believes sikhism is nearer and sect of Islam .
Why should I care what TP Hughes thinks ? Why do you have to seek approval from a White man ? :lol:

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Then please preface by saying it is not your opinion or you don't share that opinion.
You can't have your cake and eat it too.
I share his opinion to some extent as I have referred Sikhism as quasi abrahmic sect.

Then Sir, you are an idiot.
abuses are ten a penny in a nation controlled by minorities especially sikhs and christians and they are randomly thrown about.

Ok. File a complaint with the copyright office.
In that case much of Gurugranth Sahib will be no more so let us leave it there.

Besides that the difference is
1. Sikhs don't follow Quran
2. Sikhs don't believe Prophet Muhammad was the last/greatest Prophet
3. Sikhs don't believe in Judgement Day
4. Sikhs don't face Mecca when praying
5. Sikhs don't folow Islamic Dietary Guideline
6. Sikhs don't have four wives
7. Sikhs don't follow Shariat
8. Sikhs don't keep Ramazan fasts
9. Sikhs don't believe in pilgrimages
9. The 9th Sikh Guru himself gave up his life to prevent Kashmiri Brahmins conversion to Islam
10. Sikh theology has no similarity to Islamic theology.

So in effect Sikhism is similar to Islam except in every way

Sikhs are fiercely iconoclasts which they acquired from islam and that puts them into abrahmic camp albeit not fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles