Reliance Defence to Set up R&D Center for Aerospace Technology

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

Reliance Group Chairman Anil Ambani today announced setting up of a centre for research, development and innovation in aerospace technology

BANGALORE: Reliance Group Chairman Anil Ambani today announced setting up of a centre for research, development and innovation in aerospace technology.

Speaking at the 'Invest Karnataka 2016' meet here, Ambani said the proposed centre, to be set up under Reliance Defence, [COLOR="BLUE".will generate more than 1,500 highly skilled jobs and support government's plan for indigenous design, development and manufacturing[/COLOR] of defence equipments.

Reliance Group, he said has so far invested nearly Rs 5,000 crore in Karnataka across a wide array of sectors, from telecom to energy to entertainment to financial services and now defence, and [B]created nearly 5,000 jobs.[/B]

"But we are ready for much more. And I am here today to make a big commitment in that direction by announcing Dhirubhai Ambani Centre for Innovation and Research in Aerospace," he said. "We are proposing to set up a Global Centre of Aerospace Excellence here in Whitefield, Bengaluru."

[cOLOR="BLUE"]Stating that Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft and Sixth Generation technologies are already finding applications[/COLoR], he said the centre, the first-ever of its kind in the private sector in India, will be a world class facility for research, development and innovation in aerospace technology.

"For India to emerge as a strong Military power, it is important that we cut down our dependencies for military hardware. It is even more important that we start developing and designing the cutting edge systems," he said.

Ambani said the centre will also support the Government's "plan to accord the highest priority for Indigenous Design, Development and Manufacturing (IDDM) for Defence equipment."

Last month, Ambani had announced setting up of a new naval shipbuilding facility with an initial investment of Rs 5,000 crore in Andhra Pradesh.

The facility, to be set up at Rambilli along the East Coast near Vizag, would also lead to creation of a multi-tier array of defence ancillaries with further investments of Rs 5,000-10,000 crore and thousands of skilled jobs, he had said.

Source>>
@pmaitra @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @sorcerer @SREEKAR @Srinivas_K @aditya g @tejas warrior @roma @Bangalorean @bengalraider @Chinmoy @predictblymallicious @sayareakd

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
This is where we are getting started in becoming a world class defense exporter!
Well, I was feeling it a crazy idea before government managed to defence exports multiplied by 6 times in 2015 as compared to 2014.
They also want get India out of top 5 importers of weapons (we are at second after Saudis) and at the same time bring us in top 5 exporters.

I also found it too ambitious at first by watching government planning to expand our 1300km of highways to compete with China's 1.1 lakh km, but an annual project of building 11000km highways per year is stunning!!!!
I can give lists of more crazy but still achievable even after being almost beyond approach. This is amazing guys.

sorcerer

Country flag
Well, I was feeling it a crazy idea before government managed to defence exports multiplied by 6 times in 2015 as compared to 2014.
They also want get India out of top 5 importers of weapons (we are at second after Saudis) and at the same time bring us in top 5 exporters.

I also found it too ambitious at first by watching government planning to expand our 1300km of highways to compete with China's 1.1 lakh km, but an annual project of building 11000km highways per year is stunning!!!!
I can give lists of more crazy but still achievable even after being almost beyond approach. This is amazing guys.
This is exactly the result any nation will get if they have a TRUE PATRIOT to lead the nation.
Impossible becomes possible..Attitude matters!!!

no smoking

Country flag
It took Chinese 26 years to build up this 1.1 lakh highway (which is actually express way). In other words, even with all the advantages enjoyed by CCP as an authoritarianism government, she only managed to build 4230km per year. I really don't know how India government to build 11000km per year.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I really don't know how India government to build 11000km per year.
In 1995, India had a very small road network. And today it's larger than even China.
Currently, India spends very little percentage on infrastructure as compared to China. They may increase budget. They will start it in 2017 because elections of India's many States will occur in 2017.
Anyway, I also think building 11000km is too ambitious. This must be like digital India project. Target may not be achieved at time but still grow at good speed. For example, they want India's 50% population using internet, 50KKm expressways, 100 world class cities, zero slums, coming in list of top 10 exporters of weapons, bringing HDI into highly developed category, eradicating opej defecation just by 2022(75th Independence Day).
Anyway, building 11KKM highways will be start from 2017.
Many projects are really working on ground. Many expressways in my district, adjacent districts and many places are seen under construction.

Let's see what is outcome.

Nuvneet Kundu

@Indx TechStyle I heard Gadkari say in an interview that during UPA time, the rate of road construction was 2Km per day. When he took over, the first year it was 7Km per day and now it is 15Km per day, if I'm remembering correctly. He also said that whatever project he undertakes he always overdelivers by 1.5X. That's true. Plus he is also building inland waterways which will allow ships and hovercrafts to operate inside mainland India for cargo and public transport. Yesterday it inaugurated a dry dock for hovercraft.

15Km per day equals 5475Km per year and 27,000Km in 5 years. It's more than doable :)

"Investment in infrastructure development and job creation? Growth in economy? This hurts my idea of India" - leftists

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

Reliance Group Chairman Anil Ambani today announced setting up of a centre for research, development and innovation in aerospace technology

BANGALORE: Reliance Group Chairman Anil Ambani today announced setting up of a centre for research, development and innovation in aerospace technology.

Speaking at the 'Invest Karnataka 2016' meet here, Ambani said the proposed centre, to be set up under Reliance Defence, [COLOR="BLUE".will generate more than 1,500 highly skilled jobs and support government's plan for indigenous design, development and manufacturing[/COLOR] of defence equipments.

Reliance Group, he said has so far invested nearly Rs 5,000 crore in Karnataka across a wide array of sectors, from telecom to energy to entertainment to financial services and now defence, and [B]created nearly 5,000 jobs.[/B]

"But we are ready for much more. And I am here today to make a big commitment in that direction by announcing Dhirubhai Ambani Centre for Innovation and Research in Aerospace," he said. "We are proposing to set up a Global Centre of Aerospace Excellence here in Whitefield, Bengaluru."

[cOLOR="BLUE"]Stating that Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft and Sixth Generation technologies are already finding applications[/COLoR], he said the centre, the first-ever of its kind in the private sector in India, will be a world class facility for research, development and innovation in aerospace technology.

"For India to emerge as a strong Military power, it is important that we cut down our dependencies for military hardware. It is even more important that we start developing and designing the cutting edge systems," he said.

Ambani said the centre will also support the Government's "plan to accord the highest priority for Indigenous Design, Development and Manufacturing (IDDM) for Defence equipment."

Last month, Ambani had announced setting up of a new naval shipbuilding facility with an initial investment of Rs 5,000 crore in Andhra Pradesh.

The facility, to be set up at Rambilli along the East Coast near Vizag, would also lead to creation of a multi-tier array of defence ancillaries with further investments of Rs 5,000-10,000 crore and thousands of skilled jobs, he had said.

Source>>
@pmaitra @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @sorcerer @SREEKAR @Srinivas_K @aditya g @tejas warrior @roma @Bangalorean @bengalraider @Chinmoy @predictblymallicious @sayareakd
The good thing about reliance is that they will get a lots of trained scientists available. Ex ADA, HAL and DRDO retired can give guidence and training to young blood.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
It took Chinese 26 years to build up this 1.1 lakh highway (which is actually express way). In other words, even with all the advantages enjoyed by CCP as an authoritarianism government, she only managed to build 4230km per year. I really don't know how India government to build 11000km per year.
It is interesting that you use "lakh."

What are the persuasions and motives behind that, I wonder.

airtel

Country flag
26 years ?? technologies were deferent budget & commitment of china (at that time ) and India (now) are different also the geographical conditions of china & India are different .............. and yes we are getting a lot of foreign Investment in India , oil prices are low , we have lots of workers so making 11000 km road in a year is possible for India.

airtel

Country flag
The good thing about reliance is that they will get a lots of trained scientists available. Ex ADA, HAL and DRDO retired can give guidance and training to young blood.
Reliance can also hire engineers and technicians from foreign countries like Sweden , France , Germany etc , Reliance can pay them good salary .

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
26 years ?? technologies were deferent budget & commitment of china (at that time ) and India (now) are different also the geographical conditions of china & India are different .............. and yes we are getting a lot of foreign Investment in India , oil prices are low , we have lots of workers so making 11000 km road in a year is possible for India.
Well, in case of foreign investment, China also had large foreign investment.
Agree on the part of modern technolog.
One more factor is there,
India has shortened to use Bitumen for energy and now using it in roads. So, cost will be reduced. :)

Nuvneet Kundu

Well, in case of foreign investment, China also had large foreign investment.
Agree on the part of modern technolog.
One more factor is there,
India has shortened to use Bitumen for energy and now using it in roads. So, cost will be reduced. :)
Today I leaned, India uses Bittu's men and China uses Chintu's men. :pound:

Nuvneet Kundu

Are they starting production of Kamov-226?
Yes, many news sources have reported that there has been progress on this front and some even reported that land has been allotted for the helicopter factory. So this is happening, no more speculations. There's still no clarity on whether we are going to induct these helis or simply manufacture for export purposes.

My only fear is that this should not come at the expense of local R&D (Dhruv, LUH) since both of them lie in the same category of 'light utility'.

Anupu

Country flag
Yes, many news sources have reported that there has been progress on this front and some even reported that land has been allotted for the helicopter factory. So this is happening, no more speculations. There's still no clarity on whether we are going to induct these helis or simply manufacture for export purposes.

My only fear is that this should not come at the expense of local R&D (Dhruv, LUH) since both of them lie in the same category of 'light utility'.
Yes but getting experience and technical know how of co-axial rotors will also be good.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
@pmaitra @Nuvneet Kundu
Well, Reliance is trying to rock the Navy by building nuclear ships and subs. Already, many private vendors are booming naval capabilitcapabilities.
TATA, Mahindra and Ashok Leyland are taking care of our Army very good. :biggrin2:

TATA and Mahindra are trying to get influence in Air Force too. Good to see one more large company here.
:biggrin2:
More and more private members in defence industry and see, with time when our economy will be booming, our Military would be also scary like US, Russia and China scare their friends. :biggrin2:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Reliance is selling its cement business to invest more aggressively in defence tech!

Although, I do not trust Reliance. But why not!

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Although, I do not trust Reliance. But why not!
I know and everybody knows.
:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:
Anyway, they are fined badly whenever they are caught.
We can't rip off opportunity of modernizing our military just in their fear, nor they will want to miss such excellent opportunity by creating another mess. :D

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles