Recruitment of Civilians in Indian Army ?

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Indian Government is considering "Tour of Duty" of three years for the civilians. If everything works fine government might implement it.
62.jpg

What do you guys think of it ?? It's not clear whether there would be any exemptions in physical eligibilities, but... However it's just a proposal so far...

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Indian Government is considering "Tour of Duty" of three years for the civilians. If everything works fine government might implement it.
View attachment 47877

What do you guys think of it ?? It's not clear whether there would be any exemptions in physical eligibilities, but... However it's just a proposal so far...
Please post a copy in English too as many here probably cannot read/write/understand Hindi (though it's an official language!)

Here....

Army proposes 3-year stint for civilians

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
English version :-
Indian Army mulls to recruit civilians for 3-year `Tour of Duty`

The proposal is stated to be an attempt to tap the feeling of the youths who do not want to join the Army as a profession but wish to experience military life for a temporary duration.

Call of Duty :lehappy:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Though the intent is appreciated, the proposal needs to be deliberated upon in great detail and adequate care must be taken before implementing this fanciful idea as it may have national security implications.

Initially 100 officers and 1,000 men are being considered for recruitment. Where officers are concerned. if the criteria for selection is the same, training somebody for 10 months and then make him serve for only three years, I feel is a waste of time, effort and resources. If a person has to go through the SSB and train at the OTA for 10 months with the same syllabus and attain the same physical standards as what the OTA GCs attain in 10 months, then why throw them out in just 3 years when those passing out of OTA serve for 10 years which is extendable upto 4 years if they do not opt for permanent commission?

And then, how can we be so sure that people serving in the army just for three years will not divulge vital info pertaining to security to our enemies once they leave?

Waanar

Country flag
And then, how can we be so sure that people serving in the army just for three years will not divulge vital info pertaining to security to our enemies once they leave?
Exactly what I was wondering. 5 years SSC was understandable (albeit still pushing the envelope a bit) but this is like making lil packages of intel leaks and sending em back out to the world where everything has a price.

The Ultranationalist

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
View attachment 47877

This should be implemented asap, cant wait to pull trigger on porkis and their GAYhadi stooges .

Akula

Country flag
English version :-
Indian Army mulls to recruit civilians for 3-year `Tour of Duty`

The proposal is stated to be an attempt to tap the feeling of the youths who do not want to join the Army as a profession but wish to experience military life for a temporary duration.

Call of Duty :lehappy:
COD players joining army

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Exactly what I was wondering. 5 years SSC was understandable (albeit still pushing the envelope a bit) but this is like making lil packages of intel leaks and sending em back out to the world where everything has a price.
How does a three years TOD works for a Yankee ????

Waanar

Country flag
How does a three years TOD works for a Yankee ????
We're not yanks, sir. We cannot enforce our levels of security clearance like them, (NSA spies on nearly everything as was revealed in the Snowden leak) neither can we enforce a surveillance on everyone that leaves.
Lastly, I don't think even they have a minimum of 3 year tenure for officers. It's mostly soldiers. I may be wrong here though.

Don't know.... This is still in proposal stage. We don't know enough to draw comparisons.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
We're not yanks, sir. We cannot enforce our levels of security clearance like them, (NSA spies on nearly everything as was revealed in the Snowden leak) neither can we enforce a surveillance on everyone that leaves.
Lastly, I don't think even they have a minimum of 3 year tenure for officers. It's mostly soldiers. I may be wrong here though.

Don't know.... This is still in proposal stage. We don't know enough to draw comparisons.
Why can't this govt introduce a minimum five years military tenure for all the "thulas" getting into 700 odd battalions of CAPF including the officers?

All problems resolved. ..... with great advantages of five years military service experience to them... plus continue govt service thereafter.....

What is the block.... ?????

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
@rkhanna @FalconSlayers @Killbot how does reserve system work in Indian army??
Do they have 2 separate reserve forces like regular reserve and Territorial Army??
Cuz the strength of TA is around 100,000 but the whole Reserves of the Army is 900,000

Killbot

Country flag
@rkhanna @FalconSlayers @Killbot how does reserve system work in Indian army??
Do they have 2 separate reserve forces like regular reserve and Territorial Army??
Cuz the strength of TA is around 100,000 but the whole Reserves of the Army is 900,000
I think that all retired soldiers in a certain age bracket are liable to be called up in case of emergencies. I want to know too, I'm not too sure...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Singh Civilians recruitment scam in NDA Indian Army 5
Vishalreddy3 Military Training and Recruitment Indian Army 47
SexyChineseLady PLA Recruitment Videos! China 16
SexyChineseLady Chinese Navy Recruitment Video China 0

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles