Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I am not sure.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No comments.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Oh that's nice. I always wanted to make RC models of Aircrafts. I wanted to make a trend of RC in India as well. I wanted to make a model of MIG-25 ,SU-57, SU-30 MKI. I was thinking that I would print a couple of plans for it from online and use it as a guide on other material like Cardboard etc. It's a bit tough to find some good plans.
Just try it, you can do it, if there is a desire there is a way

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
1641606735664.png

my concept of what i think would be a 6th generation fighter, levcons, flat nozzles with paddles, Tempest styled intake DSI and compound wing with wing trailing edge extension flaps
1641606823320.png

1641607104089.png

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Country flag
Just try it, you can do it, if there is a desire there is a way
To be fair. I want such RC trend to come to India as well and not just be limited to foreign countries. It's time we start such an Ecosystem in India as well by starting with smaller RC Aircrafts to more bigger models of RC.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Hey you all guys. I have decided that I will start by making a MIG-21/MIG-15 model. These planes seem pretty simple to make and so I have decided I will make model of these. As for the Missiles and fuel tanks. Well I will use really small PVC pipes for that. @MiG-29SMT any tips mate?
aaa1111.jpgaa5a57fc-23ab-456c-b776-5022fd23d1e4Large-1.jpg
MiG21BisonIndianAirForceIAF3dsmodel001.jpgD3925342-66E2-4F2F-8279-B3C8B82D56DCLarge.jpg
mig-21-fishbed-v03-3d-model-rigged-max-obj-3ds-lwo-lw-lws-dxf-stl.jpg

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Hey you all guys. I have decided that I will start by making a MIG-21/MIG-15 model. These planes seem pretty simple to make and so I have decided I will make model of these. As for the Missiles and fuel tanks. Well I will use really small PVC pipes for that. @MiG-29SMT any tips mate?
View attachment 130300View attachment 130301View attachment 130302
The imagination is the limit, if you do make a RC it is more complex, you need more knowledge in math and electronics, but static models like mine are no problem, I use paper I mean paper sheets just rolled up, or folded cut and stuffed paper sheets for wings, however recently I use a resin made of wood that is a clay, so i use that for very rounded parts.

For canopies I use cut wrapping plastic of any thing from pens to plumbing materials, but the aircraft is mostly wood because glue , paper and resin clay are made out of wood only the transparent plastic is a no wood material.

My models lack symmetry at least perfect one and require sand paper, sometimes I polish them, but in general they look so so in pictures but live they look less professional.

Regards

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Country flag
The imagination is the limit, if you do a RC it is more complex, you need more knowledge in math and electronics, but static models like mine are no problem, I use paper I mean paper sheets just rolled up, or folded cut and stuffed paper sheets for wings, however recently I use a resin made of wood that is a clay, so i use that for very rounded parts.

For canopies I use cut wrapping plastic of any thing from pens to plumbing materials, but the aircraft is mostly wood because glue , paper and resin clay are made out of wood only the transparent plastic is a no wood material.

My models lack symmetry at least perfect one and require sand paper, sometimes I polish them, but in general they look so so in pictures but live they look less professional.

Regards
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it but RC is not as difficult as it seems. The only thing is that it's an expensive Hobby for many people. And it will be very much out of budget for most people in India.

I was planning on making something more like This of around this size, have a look at the following videos:

basically the wings and the tail and other stuff I will Plan on using Cardboard with a bit of reinforcement etc. I was planning on making the plane around 4+ feet at most.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it but RC is not as difficult as it seems. The only thing is that it's an expensive Hobby for many people. And it will be very much out of budget for most people in India.

I was planning on making something more like This of around this size, have a look at the following videos:

basically the wings and the tail and other stuff I will Plan on using Cardboard with a bit of reinforcement etc. I was planning on making the plane around 4+ feet at most.
when you do make a model and i include my models, you learn a lot about real aircraft, for example my wings have to be strong enough for not bending, I am learning a lot of basic aerodynamics in PDF papers but I see models do require similar structural tolerances, so the wings bear weight and bending forces, some materials like wood or plastic need strength, I do not use spars but I do use some some tubular structures made of paper to stuff the inner part of wings, so think well, making a flying model is really making an aircraft

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Country flag
when you do a model and i include you learn a lot about real aircraft, for example my wings have to be strong enough for not bending, I learning a lot of basic aerodynamics in PDF papers but I see models do require similar structural tolerances, so the wings bear weight and bending forces, some materials like wood or plastic need strength, I do not use spars but I do use some some tubular structures made of paper to stuff the inner part of wings, so think well, making a flying model is really making an aircraft
So I guess I will start by making a couple of static models and than maybe I will move to RC. Thanks for the Tips mate!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles