Rate the greatest indian of last 1000 years

truthfull

hello
i am starting a new thread for evaluating greatest indian of last 1000 years,foreighners are excluded,.plz dont include divine personalties.
my choice is chatrapati shivaji maharaj

devgupt

Country flag
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
He was the sum total of India's thousand years of spiritual wisdom and knew its nerve better than any of the leaders of his time.He also had deep political and managerial insights which others lacked.That's the reason that freedom movement became a mass movement.
He had his defects though.

johnee

Mahatma Gandhi, without a shred of doubt. He brought India out of 1000 yrs of slavery. 500-600yrs of slavery under various muslim kings, then 300 yrs of slavery under brits and french. Gandhi gave a new lease of life to India.

RAM

The southern Man
Country flag
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Weren't "Swami" Vivekananda, "Mahatma" Gandhi divine personalities ?

To make the thread more interesting, all members should give the names of those Indians whom they felt are the greatest, and then from the pool of names we will hold a poll to arrive at a single name.

Suggestions welcome.

pankaj nema

Country flag
hello
i am starting a new thread for evaluating greatest indian of last 1000 years,foreighners are excluded,.plz dont include divine personalties.
my choice is chatrapati shivaji maharaj
thanks a lot TRUTHFUL for starting this thread . my favorite toois SHIVAJI MAHARAJ

Shivaji and subsequent MARATHAS smashed the mughal empire and prevented the ISLAMISATION of western and southern india

i would like the members to read abt the 27 YEAR WAR between marathas and mughals in which 5 LAKH mughal soldiers were killed from 1680 to 1707 , the year when aurangzeb died and mughal empire broke up

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
i go for HH Maharaja Ranjit Singh of Punjab as he showed by Love and justice you could unify and make a country

Maharaja Ranjit Singh (Punjabi: ਮਹਾਰਾਜਾ ਰਣਜੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ) (November 13, 1780 in Gujranwala, Mughal Empire-June 20, 1839 in Lahore, Sikh Empire) was the first Maharaja of the Sikh Empire and was also known as Sher-e-Punjab (The Lion of the Punjab).

truthfull

i go for HH Maharaja Ranjit Singh of Punjab as he showed by Love and justice you could unify and make a country

Maharaja Ranjit Singh (Punjabi: ਮਹਾਰਾਜਾ ਰਣਜੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ) (November 13, 1780 in Gujranwala, Mughal Empire-June 20, 1839 in Lahore, Sikh Empire) was the first Maharaja of the Sikh Empire and was also known as Sher-e-Punjab (The Lion of the Punjab).
my first choice is shivaji maharaj and second one is ranjit singh becoz shivaji was in very troubled times ,and ranjit singh was in a time when almost whole of punjab was goverened by sikh misles although sikhs droved all invaders out of country.

Tamil

Country flag

Thiruvalluvar

The time period of Thiruvalluvar's existence has been based on mostly linguistic evidences rather than archeological evidences since none such has been determined. His period has been estimated to be between 200 BC and 10 BC.

Thirukkural is one of most revered ancient works in the Tamilhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiruvalluvar#cite_note-3 . Kural is considered as 'World common faith, as it shows the way for human morals and betterment in life. The Kural has been translated into most languages, likely next only to the Bible, Qur'an and Gita. The Latin translation of Thirukkural made by Constanzo Beschi in 1730 did much to make known to European intellectuals the richness and beauty of Oriental Tamil literature.
Thirukkural is a cir formed by combining the two words Thiru and Kural, i.e. Thiru + Kural = Thirukkural.
Thirukkural is divided into three sections. Section one deals with Aram doing things, with conscience and honor, Section two discusses Porul realities or facts of life, and the Section three dwells on Inbam the worldly pleasures. The First section has 38 chapters, Second has 70 chapters and the Third 25 chapters. Each Chapters consists of 10 couplets or kurals thus making 1330 couplets in total.
There is a 133 feet tall statue of Saint Thiruvalluvar erected at the southern tip of Indian subcontinent (Kanyakumari) where the Arabian Sea, the Bay of Bengal, and the Indian Ocean confluence. The 133 ft denotes Thirukkural's 133 Chapters or athikarams and the show of three fingers, to denote the three themes Aram, Porul, and Inbam ie the Sections on Morals, Wealth and Rejoice.

truthfull

Thiruvalluvar

The time period of Thiruvalluvar's existence has been based on mostly linguistic evidences rather than archeological evidences since none such has been determined. His period has been estimated to be between 200 BC and 10 BC.

Thirukkural is one of most revered ancient works in the Tamilhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiruvalluvar#cite_note-3 . Kural is considered as 'World common faith, as it shows the way for human morals and betterment in life. The Kural has been translated into most languages, likely next only to the Bible, Qur'an and Gita. The Latin translation of Thirukkural made by Constanzo Beschi in 1730 did much to make known to European intellectuals the richness and beauty of Oriental Tamil literature.
Thirukkural is a cir formed by combining the two words Thiru and Kural, i.e. Thiru + Kural = Thirukkural.
Thirukkural is divided into three sections. Section one deals with Aram doing things, with conscience and honor, Section two discusses Porul realities or facts of life, and the Section three dwells on Inbam the worldly pleasures. The First section has 38 chapters, Second has 70 chapters and the Third 25 chapters. Each Chapters consists of 10 couplets or kurals thus making 1330 couplets in total.
There is a 133 feet tall statue of Saint Thiruvalluvar erected at the southern tip of Indian subcontinent (Kanyakumari) where the Arabian Sea, the Bay of Bengal, and the Indian Ocean confluence. The 133 ft denotes Thirukkural's 133 Chapters or athikarams and the show of three fingers, to denote the three themes Aram, Porul, and Inbam ie the Sections on Morals, Wealth and Rejoice.
any one creating religion or writing about in praise of god is divine personality.

Tamil

Country flag
any one creating religion or writing about in praise of god is divine personality.
:icon_salut:First he is a Poet, with extraordinary ideology of thinking, THIRUKURAL is define and suits to all human's in PAST, PRESENT and FUTURE. he is not tell any religious thoughts even before 2000 years back... the True Hero to lay path to human how to live...:dfi-1:

truthfull

:icon_salut:First he is a Poet, with extraordinary ideology of thinking, THIRUKURAL is define and suits to all human's in PAST, PRESENT and FUTURE. he is not tell any religious thoughts even before 2000 years back... the True Hero to lay path to human how to live...:dfi-1:
i know him very well and have very deep respect for him but im am sory to my tamil brother that this secular parties have not given him his place in history

i am talking here about politicsruler,military commander.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
The Great chanakya.

A high cast Hindu Brahman, Professor of economics and political science in Takshashila University. Successfully lead students to revolt for freedom against rule of Alexandra and allies.
Uprooted corrupt mighty Magadha Empire without any blood shed alone.

Taught importance of Bhartiyata, Unity of India, secularism and created first ever united India under one rule of Mauryan empire by providing education and guidance to his student 'a shepherd's son now known as Samrat Chandra Gupt Maurya.

Mauryan Empire Under the rule of The Great Samrat Ashoka (Grandson of Samrat Chander Gupt Maurya)

Jarnee

Indira Gandhi and Sardar patel, for what they did, by taking strong and quick decision to change the course of modern history

Emperor

Since it counts only the past 1000 years,
Since I cant makeup my mind circling a single person
It has to be these over the time period.------ " Andhra Boja "Sri Krishna Devaraya" and "Rani Rudramma Devi"( my ancestor :D) and last but not the least "NETAJI SUBASH CHANDRA BOSE"

Jarnee

Also would rate Dr. Manmohan singh very high..for shaping up the India of today

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
in all of indian history i would rate gautam buddha as the greatest indian who ever lived however as we are only talkin about indians born after 1001ad i shall have to put the below as my top three

Great social reformer "Raja rammohun roy", he brought hindu society out ofthe darkness of the middle ages and made much of the contemporary outlook of hindu society in india possible.

no list of the greatest indians could be complete without Netaji!

Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj without a doubt the greatest pan-indian ruler since 1001ad(if we take all of history into account i would say ashoka the great)

Vladimir79

Professional
The Great chanakya.

A high cast Hindu Brahman, Professor of economics and political science in Takshashila University. Successfully lead students to revolt for freedom against rule of Alexandra and allies.
Uprooted corrupt mighty Magadha Empire without any blood shed alone.

Taught importance of Bhartiyata, Unity of India, secularism and created first ever united India under one rule of Mauryan empire by providing education and guidance to his student 'a shepherd's son now known as Samrat Chandra Gupt Maurya.

Mauryan Empire Under the rule of The Great Samrat Ashoka (Grandson of Samrat Chander Gupt Maurya)
Didn't the thread say in the last 1000 years? Ashoka and the Maurya were before Christ.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles